PDA

View Full Version : Nikki & Greg Celebrate INTERCOT's 10th: Day 4

BriarRose0708
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
The Cast
Nikki (BriarRose 0708)
Greg (grego77)
A few of our INTERCOT friends and buddies!

The When and Where
October 11 - 14
Pop Century Resort

October 14- Animal Kingdom and Departure
Another fairly early morning as I needed to pack up and check out, then leave my suitcase and carry on with Bell Services. The group met up at the bus station around 8:30 and we got to the park and in line at the turnstiles. We were early enough for another rope drop! This one was cute- Minnie, Goofy and Pluto come out in their Safari gear and do a skit about how they can't find Mickey and then he turns up by the Tree of Life. After the drop we beelined to Everest, grabbed fast passes, and not seeing any other INTERCOTers around, got in the stand by line. After about 20 minutes the Yeti went 101 :( so it was off to the Nemo show.

WOW! Nemo was amazing! Loved the music, the costumes, the set... everything. It was so great. I am excited to see FoTLK next trip, I hope it's only half as good as Nemo. Seeing the Everest was still 101 after the show :( we tried to go to Dinosaur to use our fast passes from Everest. Apparently when one ride goes down other rides are supposed to accept the FP, but I guess the CM at Dinosaur wouldn't do that. I have no previous experience with this, so I can't say if it's commonplace or not. Anyhow, most of the group left as it was getting hotter and didn't stick around to use their EE fastpasses. Thanks to them we got to ride Everest twice later!

Kathy, Jacob and Amy and I decided to stick around Dinoland and did PrimEVIL Whirl (it was fun but woa, my stomache hated me for about three hours afterward). We decided to tempt fate once more and check Everest. The Yeti Lives! We had 8 fastpasses between us all and used them to ride it twice in the span of five minutes! Thanks everyone! After that we shopped around The Oasis a bit before the 12:30 lunch at Flame Tree. We met up with Greg, Jared, Mikki and Andrew, Ellen and Ben, etc. I liked my meal a lot and thought it was the best counter service I had all trip.

After lunch Greg split to go to the MK. After saying bye to him the three of us hung around The Oasis a little longer. We ran into Terk all alone and danced together to the drums accross the way! Eventually we all said good-bye. Kathy was off for more shopping and Amy and Jacob were going to the NSSHP that night and went to take a rest.

On my own I decided to wander over to Africa and see if I could do The Safari. With no fastpasses and a 70 minute wait I put it off for next trip. I enjoyed walking around the Pagani Forest Trails and enjoying the atmosphere. Walking back around the Tree of Life I did Tough to Be a Bug. Then back over to Asia and briefly considered Kali River Rapids and immediately realized that was a bad idea. I did Maharaja Jungle Trek and headed back to Dinoland USA to do Dinosaur. By this time it was nearing 1:30 so I left AK and went back to Pop.

I did a little more shopping in the gift shop, grabbed a drink, and sat by the pool reflecting on the weekend. At 4:45 my ME bus came and I had to be on my way back to Buffalo and reality. In my trip journal I wrote "when will I be back?" and I am happy to say that a June 08 trip is in the planning stages!

Thanks for reading along everyone! Greg's been really busy lately but I hope he checks in and brings us all up to speed about what he did solo. Catch you all for my pre-trip in May!

BriarRose0708
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
This trip would not have been possibe or quite as much fun without the planning and support of the following:

John- Our fearless leader and big cheese. Thanks for creating INTERCOT ten years ago and providing so much information for all Disney lovers everywhere!

INTERCOT Sponsors- For your support and tremendous contributions that made the IllumiNations event so magical! Shout out within a shout out to Wendy and Magical Journeys for booking my trip! I'll be sending you another e-mail soon!

INTERCOTers- whether you were at the meet or not, this place wouldn't be the same without all of you wonderful people. To the ones I was privileged to meet in person, thanks for being so awesome! I hope to meet you all again in the future.

And,of course, Greg- Thanks for taking a chance and sending a complete stranger a Private Message way back in April. I never would have been able to have the same experience with out you!

faline
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Great last day, Nikki - even if Everest was not cooperating!

It's great that you now have another trip to plan!

BriarRose0708
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Great last day, Nikki - even if Everest was not cooperating!

It's great that you now have another trip to plan!

Thanks for reading, Linda! It was a pleasure meeting you and Gene!

dolphinmickey9170
11-07-2007, 04:31 PM
:mickey::mickey:Thanks for sharing your great reports!! Can't wait to read your pre-trip.

youngOx96
11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I truly enjoyed reading about all of your adventures. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

KylesMom
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
It's been a great pleasure tagging along with you - thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us! :mickey:

aprilisis
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Awesome reports!! Thanks! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
11-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Excellent reporting Nikki! You are a very sweet person and Intercot is lucky to have you as a member. It was wonderful seeing you over the course of the big Intercot Weekend. I am very glad I had the chance to meet you in person and look forward to doing so again in the future. Happy planning on that June '08 trip! :mickey:

irish1967
11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm glad you had such a great trip! I enjoyed your reports!

Mousefever
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey Nikki!

I loved reading your reports! I think that meeting you was definitely one of Jacob's highlights. He still looks a little "Goofy" when I mention you. I very much enjoyed hanging out with you along the way. You are very sweet and I hope we make it to another Intercot party together!

Amy

:dory: