PDA

View Full Version : Kona or O'Hana

PAT9760
11-06-2007, 05:34 PM
We are a party of 10 ranging in age from 3 to 81. I realize that with a group of this size, we may have to split up (6 and 4). I can't decide between dinner at Kona or dinner at O'Hana's. Which would you choose?:shrug:

SBETigg
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
'Ohana. I had a really terrible dinner at Kona in August and I won't be going back for awhile. 'Ohana, on the other hand, has never let me down. More festive atmosphere, good food, inconsistent service, but overall better than Kona for us.

KarenP
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I like both but my pick would be 'Ohana. We just ate there in October and the food was awesome.

Jared
11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
You're asking me to choose between arguably my two favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World -- two places my family eats at each trip.

For a large group, I'd probably choose 'Ohana. The atmosphere just seems more conducive for a party than the quieter Kona Cafe.

wdwfansince75
11-06-2007, 09:40 PM
'Ohana can set up tables for 10 or even more....and handles it well. Kona would probably split you up, and you might not even be next to each other. We've had tables of 10 or more at 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Trails End, Hollywood and Vine, 1900 Park Fair, and Crystal Palace. Works best if you have ADR's...but several times, we just lucked out.

IloveDisney71
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I have not eaten at Kona's yet (I will on my trip in Dec.) but I've eaten at Ohanas a couple of times and it was great. It's a really fun place to eat. The atmosphere is very family oriented. The food is FANTASTIC. We have an ADR for it again in Dec. We never miss it!

sillyolbear
11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't think you can lose either place, but with a group of 10 O'Hana would be my pick simply because of the layout being designed for larger groups.

ThanxForNoticin
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think you can lose either place, but with a group of 10 O'Hana would be my pick simply because of the layout being designed for larger groups.

I agree 100%. Both are very good, but 'OHana gets the nod with a bigger group. We've had a couple large family dinners there, and had terrific experiences. Enjoy.

dolphinmickey9170
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Do I have to choose? I love them both. They can accomodate a large group at both. If I had to choose, I would pick O'Hana around the time of Wishes!

BeccaO
11-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I would choose Ohana, in fact we will be celebrating a Birthday in January and that is where we are going to go. It's a very unique place with great food and great atmosphere. We will have young kids in the group and I thought this would be great to keep them occupied and attentive during the meal. You won't be dissapointed with Ohana's.

Natazu
11-08-2007, 03:54 AM
You'll get great food at both. The service will be better at Kona but you'll get to all sit together at 'Ohana.

pox24
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
No contest.... O'Hana's

lightyearfan
11-08-2007, 12:48 PM
without a doubt goto Ohana's, the food is terrific and the atmosphere is great to, you and your family won't regret it.

Victor

SurferStitch
11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Definitely 'Ohana.

We had better service and better food at 'Ohana last year.

Don't get me wrong....Kona was good, but not as good as we had hoped. Our server was a little cool, and you could tell she wanted to be somewhere else.

Needless to say, we are repeating 'Ohana this year, but not Kona.

Our server at 'Ohana was a sweetheart. She was so cute, and an excellent server, too!

'Ohana is the perfect place for a party of 10. You'll have a great time.

Sinewiz
11-08-2007, 01:30 PM
No choice at all. Ohana's by a mile.

ftwildernesskid
11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Ohana's! We were just there. Our age range was 4-65 and Ohana's was everyone's favorite restaraunt. Actually, our boys wanted to go again but we couldn't get a reservation. The food was exceptional, the atmosphere was awesome, and there was enough to do to occupy the kids. We loved it!

rj
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
We have tried both and loved both of them. Heading to the Poly next Feb and will definetly do both of them this trip.

Try to do Ohana when the MK fireworks are going on. They pipe the music into Ohana while you watch the fireworks.

Cinderelley
11-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Our group of 15 was seated all together at O'hana's when we went in 2005. It was great for the whole family - from the young 'uns to the golden oldies!:D

castlelady36
11-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Another Ohana's vote here!!!

MyDisneyworld
11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Go for Ohona's it's the best. The largest party I have been there with is 6 and they handled that very well. Everytime I am there I see very large groups of 20 plus and they are always having so much fun. I have also been to kona a few times and never see large groups there. Either way your at Disney so enjoy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I vote for O'Hana's too. We had the worst service at Kona. The food was good, but the worst service I've had anywhere, ever. O'hana's was good and they definitely can handle larger crowds. I think it would be more fun for the kids too.

TheMartellFamily
11-17-2007, 07:22 PM
O'hanas

GrmGrninGost
11-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Both are good, but I love the fun atmosphere at O'Hana! The little ones would have a blast! :mickey:

illini
11-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Just back and ate at both last week. Kona was new for us, 'Ohana wasn't.

I say 'Ohana. I had very high hopes for Kona, and was let down in all regards. Horrible service, mostly so-so food, and did I mention the horrible service? Rude and slow. Took over 2 hours with 3 kids. One poor family checked in shortly after we were seated, and they weren't seated at their table until we got our dessert-- and they had an ADR for when they checked in (I talked to the mom)!!!

'Ohana, on the other hand, was insanely wonderful. Food was even better than before. Service was fast, friendly, and fun. It's my new favorite, no questions asked.

scvecc
11-25-2007, 10:35 AM
We just got back from 8 days at Disney - our first trip. O'Hana's was the best meal we had on the DDP by far. The turkey was fantastic.

LudwigVonDrake
11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Though I loved Kona, you gotta go with 'Ohanas. It's more of an "experience" :tikki:

Dizzy
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
We just returned from a Thanksgiving trip with the whole family and ate at Kona with a party of 10 - we were all seated at the same table. The food was great, but service was only so so. By the way, our group was seated together at all meals - we ate at Narcoossees, Crystal Palace, Kona, GF Cafe, 1900 (both breakfast and dinner) and the new Safari Breakfast. :thumbsup:

KAT1811
11-25-2007, 10:42 PM
'Ohana! We were a party of 15 on our last trip and they seated us all together and we had a blast!!! We will certainly be there on our next trip!!! Tons of fun for the kids!!!