PDA

View Full Version : Talk me into CSR

Cindy'smom
11-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Hello all. We are booked for the last week of February at POFQ. I have stayed there, but the rest of the family has not. I'm starting to wonder if I should try something new. The only moderate I haven't tried is CSR. So CSR fans, sell it to me. Tell me what you like about it, and what you don't like about it. We will be arriving in the wee hours of the morning if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!:mickey:

WDWFRK
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
While I am a huge POFQ fan, I have to say that we really enjoyed our stay at CSR. I thought the pool, the grounds, and the rooms very nice.

CSR is not as compact as POFQ, but the walking didn't bother us at all. The bus stops were conveniently located, although you do have to make several stops before you get on your way.

The only thing I didn't care for was the food court. The food was fine, but I don't like the system of order your food, get seated, have a server bring your drinks and then get a gratuity tacked on to your bill. We don't usually eat a lot of meals at our resort (wherever we stay), so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Also, it never bothered me that CSR is kind of a "conventioners" resort. It still had the Disney touch, and that's all that mattered!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Can't do it....sorry.......:thedolls:....POR AB or PORFQ all the way.......stay at the best and say no to the rest.....:thumbsup:

JWB3
11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
POFQ is much more compact - you'll likely find a lot more walking at CSR. This may make a difference when going for breakfast in the morning.

I just returned from a conference at CSR. I didn't mind the walking, but it could be a haul for small kids. And though the food court was good: a nice variety, the only drawback I found was when the conference broke for lunch or dinner, the lines to the food court were very long and tables short in supply. It didn't matter much to me, but if I was there with my family, having to wait like that would have been very annoying.

The distance and the potential for a long wait for food would be my only reservations against staying at CSR. Oh, and POFQ has the boat to DTD - a big plus!

TwoTinyWings
11-06-2007, 06:04 PM
There are certainly many reasons why some of us love CSR. I'll just name a few - I'm sure more CSR fans will be along to name theirs!

First of all, it is a beautifully themed resort with an incredible main pool area, as well as great quiet pools in each of the 3 areas (Casitas, Cabanas, Ranchos). Look at photos of the resort - if you like the look and feel of the place, it's a good choice for you. The Casitas area is the most lovely, with fountains and colorful high-rise buildings. The Cabanas area is more restful (beaches, bungalow style buildings) and much closer to the main pool - a good choice for you if you plan to spend time there. The Ranchos area is the farthest from El Centro, but you could request either of the other two areas (or simply take the bus) to solve this problem. When we check in next week, we'll request something in the Cabanas area, so we can be close to both El Centro and the Dig Site. (Last time, we were honeymooning, so the Casitas were perfect for us - now that we have little ones, we'll take more advantage of the Dig Site pools and play areas, so being closer to that is key.)

Another reason we love this resort is the fact that it is a moderate that truly looks and feels like a deluxe (thank that convention center for some added amenities such as a bus directly to the Boardwalk area). It's family friendly but also a bit quieter than other resorts. We've stayed at CBR before and it's certainly nice, but it just cannot compare to CSR in this regard.

Finally, a note about the Pepper Market: if you want to avoid the 10% service fee, simply get your food to go and enjoy it outside by the lake or back in your room. Also, like any food court, some selections are better than others, both in terms of taste and value for your money. For example, we've found the Mexican station to be great (good taco salads; other Intercotees say the wet burritos are good) and the calzones are good and big enough for two to share.

Hope this was helpful - whatever you choose, have a great trip!

Hammer
11-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Another reason we love this resort is the fact that it is a moderate that truly looks and feels like a deluxe (thank that convention center for some added amenities such as a bus directly to the Boardwalk area).

Just so you know, Coronado Springs no longer offers bus service to the Boardwalk area.

I could go on for days on how much I like Coronado Springs. I am partial toward the Cabanas section, as I feel it is a short walk to the pool and the main building from there. The pool is beautifully themed and it has a big hot tub. Some people don't like the 10% gratuity charged at the Pepper Market, but for me it is a trade off to clean the real dishes and silverware and cloth napkins. As the previous poster said, you can get your food to go and avoid the 10% gratuity.

lovetheprincesses
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry to be negative, but.....we'll never stay at CSR again, and thank goodness we only stayed one night this last trip! I agree that the pool is beautiful, and you get the deluxe amenities (toiletry items), and we thought the Pepper Market was very good, especially for a counter service, BUT I did not feel we were at WDW once we shut the door to our room. I felt we were at a motel 6. I just didn't like the aztec theming, and there was a lot of noise that we heard during the night, etc. The linens felt nicer than at CBR, and the beds comfy, just no Disney feeling to us. We prefer CBR or FQ for a moderate choice. That being said, I am glad we did try it the one night, and I would recommend anyone trying it for one night. I would have been upset if I had booked our entire stay there though.

LauraF
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Now, I've been to POFQ more times than CSR, but I still like CSR a lot and would go back again without hesitation.

Now it should be said that I had a first floor room next to the elevator last time I stayed there, which worried me at first, but it was utterly silent in the room. If I hadn't kept the sheers open the first hour there, I'd never have known when people walked by. The beds were very comfy, though the comforters I found a bit scratchy. (But I find most linens harsh.)

I found the walking easy (I was in the Ranchos), but BF complained a little bit about it. Our bus driver gave us a great tip to get up front if we didn't want to walk - catch any bus from a stop (except DTD), as those all stop at El Centro before leaving the resort. (DTD doesn't stop up front.) BF came around after a few days, simply because it was still easier than walking around Epcot!

I really enjoyed walking the grounds - there are lot of little hidden gems, especially in the Casitas, that are breathtaking in the early moring or evening hours. Since I was an early riser I got to see many critters on my walks - cranes, frogs, various birds, but no crocodiles. :D

The only complaint I had about my room was that the AC was set way beyond cold - I think the setting may have been "meat locker." :cool: I would turn it up every day upon returning and mousekeeping would promptly turn it back down the next day. Oh well - if that's worst problem, I count myself lucky!

Scar
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Your in luck. I just posted a review here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119831) about my first stay.

Definitely give it a try.

Crow
11-08-2007, 04:31 PM
:thumbsup:
pretty much agree w pos stated above
the food court is better than most of other disneys i think. theme is nice. many extras like spa, business center. mayb not as many families.
POFQ is probly tied w CSR for my fav mod.