PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite queue line?

SignguyTom
11-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Mine are:

#3 Haunted Mansion Disneyland during the Holidays. The decorations are amazing and the Christmas “Scarols” are what puts this line at the #3 spot.

#2 Tower of Terror. Great detail, awesome theming.

#1 Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. IMHO the best queue line anywhere. I am almost disappointed if there’s not a line. Almost. ;)

ibrowse17
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I would have to go with ToT and EE. Both are well themed, and worth the wait:thumbsup:

JPL
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
The shortest one ;)

But Seriously it's a toss up between Everest and ToT:thumbsup:

And I do agree that the Indiana Jones Adventure at DLR is probably my all-time favorite.

youngOx96
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I've never been to DL, so I can't relate to any of those queues. However here are my top three at WDW.

#3 - ToT great attention to detail.

#2 - E:E I'm not sure if I like this queue because I know I'll be on the ride soon or if it's because of the themeing.

#1 - POTC this was my favorite ride from my first visit to WDW. I remember that trip everytime I'm in line here.

RobWreck
11-06-2007, 04:11 PM
#1 PotC - going through the old fort and past the skeletons playing chess is part of the fun of the ride.
#2 ToT - especially the lobby with all the dust and cobwebs. Not so much the boiler room...
#3 Star Tours - that's one where you hope there's a line so you can catch all the AA figures...

Shanaynay
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Definately ToT and Star Tours :thumbsup:

teamblackwell
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
hi all,
My favorite queue is the pre-show show for the Enchanted Tiki room. boom-ba-ba-boom-ba-ba-boom... hey-ho-hey-ya-ya-ho.

CaptSmee
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Can't say i'm a big fan of line queues...but I do enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean. Also Haunted MAnsion (once your inside the building). The Nemo ride at Epcot has a neat queue and I want to wait in Soarin's new queue to see how the interactive games are.

mel
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I really dont like any queues.. but if I have to pick it would be test track.. call me wierd..:thumbsup:

DisneyTwirler13!
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I like queue's that are sort of interactive and/or well designed. My favorites are:
TOT
RnR
Star Tours
Splash Mountain
Test Track
Mission Space
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kilomanjaro Safari
Kali River Rapids

Speedy1998
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Rockin Roller. I could listen to Aerosmith all day.

LizLovesDiz
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
One of my favorite lines if I had to choose one would be it's tough to be a bug,I think it's really cute !!!

GrumpyFan
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Hmm, good question, tough to answer.

Top 3,

Tower of Terror - outside and inside. I actually find myself thinking about what the hotel must've been like before the "incident".
Rock N' Roller Coaster - Not the greatest detail, but enough to make it entertaining once you're inside.
Expedition Everest - mystery of the Yeti, local folk lore, reported sightings, damaged equipment and scat! Is it just me, or does anybody else think the scat is just a bit much?Honorable mention:

Stitch's Great Escape (don't like the attraction though)
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Seas with Nemo and Friends - The Clamobile Queue
Test Track
Mission Space
Kali River Rapids

Mikey Piano 23
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
ToT or Rockin Rollercoaster (I am a music teacher so that is kind of obvious!)

thefunkypurplegirl
11-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Im just gonna name sumthing that hasnt been already mentioned...

i love the que at the great movie ride...1st u get the walk of fame kind of deal on the way then, then u go thru this ornate chinese theater with these movie artifacts

then of course u go thru this big old theater line with old trailers playing, and then the loading dock-its great and exciting both 4 young and old alike... :mickey:

Sweezy
11-07-2007, 12:15 AM
1. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror...a queue so good i would blame it at least partially for scaring me away from the ride for years...not to mention i love the show, and the whole thing is just awesome...

2. Space Mountain...Another queue that always built up the ride so well for me. I love the space station window feel, and then the small glimpses of the ride and the cheesy video towards the end.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 12:24 AM
NEMO!!! I love that queue... but in all fairness, I haven't been on ToT since before I had my DD and I have never been on EE... but Nemo is just so fun and friendly and creative. Yay for Disney! :o)

kelly.garrett
11-07-2007, 02:30 AM
The queue at EE is my favorite, but ToT is a close second.

98'cpTyphoonGuard
11-07-2007, 09:39 AM
IMHO the best queue lines are ToT and EE - so much to look at - it makes the time fly!!

brownie
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
The Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland does have a great queue line. I also like Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and the MuppetVision pre-show room. Kali River Rapids has an interesting queue, too.

I'm looking forward to being able to experience Expedition Everest ( 2009 seems like such a long time away right now).

Hayden's Dad
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
We like:

Star Tours :ewok:

POTC:

The Great Movie Ride:

Nemo: :dory::nemo:

Muppevision 3D: :kermit:

Judge's Tent (i like looking at all the strange first place winners while waiting for the characters) :mickey2::pooh:

JabberJaws
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Mine go like this...

ToT - especially the section inside of the lobby and the boiler room. Really sets the mood!
The Seas w/ N&F - the detail and themeing are great. I love the idea of walking firs ton a beach then going under the water. The bottom of the boat on the ceiling, rusted railings, and animated fish on the walls are amazing touches!
EE - The detail and themeing are extremely authentic. Most of the items in the queue actually came from villages around the real Mt. Everest.
MS - say what you want about the ride, but the queue is really well themed with futuristic lighting and even has the gravity wheel from the original Horizons attraction!
Space Mt (FP side only) - There is NOTHING better than zooming right by the LONG line of people to the left in the SM queue as you head to the front of the line with your FP.

I have a feeling, though, that my number one could change to Indy when my wife and I go to DLR in December.

BriarRose0708
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Expedition Everest
Tower of Terror
Space Mountain
Test Track
Dinosaur

SorcererStitch
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
For me it's TOT hands down. I love everything about it. Honorable mentions go to....

POTC
RockNRoller Coaster
Star Tours
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain

Randy.

mainemajor
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
EE - it's almost a shame to use fast pass on this ride because you miss the queue.
ToT - from the moment you enter the park you are in queue for this ride - just hearing all the screams
Pirates - inside and out this is a great area, well worth the wait.
Splash Mt. - Zip -a-do-dah - worth the wait here
Space Mt. - an all time favorite queue, better than the ride

ryca1dreams
11-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Tower of Terror - it's almost a shame that people are scared to ride this because of the drop. This queue which is about 60-75% of the ride is really detailed and a treat for the eyes.

Expedition Everest - Same as above X5. They really went overboard with the detail on this queue. You could spend hours reading the news articles, looking at photos, reading comments on comparisons between animal scat... It's really insane.

Space Mountain - this is my sentimental favorite. It may be updated one day, but I hope they never change the music in the star tunnel.

Polynesian Dweller
11-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Agree with other about POTC and EE but for us there's one that's not been mentioned: Big Thunder Mountain. With all the open windows you can watch the trains going around the mountain from almost anywhere in the queue as well as the Rivers of America and Splash Mountain. You can also look at the details on BTMRR that you don't see when you are on the ride.

Have also seen the Indy queue at DLR and agree it is probably the best queue we have seen.

DisneyDoug2
11-08-2007, 07:27 AM
MGM - Tower of Terror
WDW - Space Mountain
AK - Expedition Everest
Epcot - Test Track

malip
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Great thread! We were talking about this the other day. For me, I really like the Nemo ride at Epcot. They did a great job making you feel like you were going from the shore out to the reef. Thank goodness they got rid of the "trees" they had at the beginning to hide the end of the ride from the loading area. Can't say much about EE because I have never seen more of it than the single rider line since noone else in my group will go on it.

4ubie1
11-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Mine would be:

1. PoTC - the old fort theming is great, the song is catchy and because it is my mom's favorite ride and seeing her get more excited as we get closer to the ride is the best :D

2. ToT - once inside the hotel, I love the details they put into this queue. I could stand there for hours looking at everything..thankful I usually spend only minutes ;)

3. E:E - I have yet to experience this one personally but from the clips & photos I see, it looks fantastic :thumbsup:

c&d
11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
EE: sometimes I get so involved in looking at all the stuff that I forget to move forward.:blush:

Space Mtn: I love the walking up in the dark.

A Big Kid
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I would have to go with ToT and EE. Both are well themed, and worth the wait:thumbsup:

Gotta go with EE.

I've never gone through the ToT cue, and thought I wanted to work for Otis.

I've never gone through the BTMR cue and thought I wanted to be a mine.

I've never gone on the SplMtn cue and thought I wanted to go through a briar patch.

But EVERYTIME I go through the EE cue, I wanna climb Mt. Everest.

goofysbabe
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Hmmmmmmm.........

I think my favorites are (in no order):

Muppets
Splash Mtn.
POTC
HM