PDA

View Full Version : When are the rates for rooms going to per night instead of by season?

BriarRose
11-06-2007, 11:58 AM
We are going to be arriving November 22nd and when I originally booked the room, I booked at the rack rate which was all nights priced at regular season rates even though three days in it switches to value season. Then the AP discounts came in, so we switched to that and purchased AP's. When my confirmation arrived for the change, it listed the first three nights at one rate and the last four nights at a discounted rate.

My Sister-in-Law called on Monday to see if they could get the last four days discounted like we did and was very rudely told that the price they booked the room at was the price it was going to be. They are purchasing the Magic Your Way passes, but why would that make a difference in the price per night for the room? Why did we get a discounted price the day value season starts and they can't? We understand that I get a better rate overall because of the AP rate, but why would the price I pay per night be charged differently that her?

BigRedDad
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
It is in effect now.

KylesMom
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a theory . . . as you mentioned, DSIL and you both booked rooms before they changed the rules to date pricing vs seasonal pricing. The previous rules were that whatever the pricing was when you checked in would be the cost for your entire stay . . . unless you split the reservation into two separate stays.

Since you changed your ressie to reflect a room only discount, it was completely changed in the system and would thus reflect the new pricing scheme.

Not sure if I'm correct, but it might have significant bearing on Disney's reluctance to change pricing on DSIL's behalf. I hope this makes sense! :mickey:

I would guess that the only way to get the specific date pricing would be to create an entirely new ressie, and cancel the old one.

BriarRose
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
So since they are booked up, it looks like she is out of luck with rebooking. If she cancelled now she would probably lose the existing ressie and that would be much, much worse!

Niecyboo
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Disney's new "per night" pricing system doesn't officially start until 2008, BUT each time they have realeased a discount they are getting around this by charging per night on the discounts. That is why you are getting the better deal.

This can work the other way too, though. I know of someone who was looking to book over the Christmas Holiday, and it was more expensive to book an AP rate, because a rack rate gave them the season that they were checking in on (value) but the AP rate was only good the first night, then they would be stuck paying holiday rates for the rest of their stay.