PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Re: Trip for 11/08

dassjs
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi All,
I'm a huge Disney fanatic and am planning a trip for my family for next November. Will be going with our 6 yr old twins. It will be their first trip. As you all know, it's an expensive trip so I want to maximize our time. We're loking at going either 11/1-11/-8 or 11/8-11/15.
Does anyone know when Jersey week will is next year?
When is Soap Star weekend next year?
Will it still be super busy the day after Halloween?
When do the Christmas lights go up? I'd rather be there for that than Halloween celebrations. Thanks so much for your help!

WDWFanatic
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
First off... :welcome:

Welcome to Intercot.

If you want to see Christmas lights I suggest you go the second week.

We are going Nov. 10-17 (only 4 more days:cloud9:) and this is the second year we've gone this week. Last year was GREAT! Soap weekend is over Veteran's Day weekend and the lights went up around Tuesday or Wednesday I think. It seems to be about the same each year.

Sorry I can't help you with the first week, but I'm sure someone who knows will be along soon!

Have fun planning.

heidi614
11-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Not sure when the lights go up? We went last year 11-8 to 11-11 it was empty, for Disney, empty. Really no wait in lines, still need ADR but it was a GREAT time to go. I think you will be fine either week with crowds. Looks like your off to a great start planning! :mickey:

DDuck66
11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!!
I would suggest going the second week, but as of this past weekend many of the Christmas decorations are already up. I saw some pics of the Disney Studios from this past week and the tree was already up as well as some of the street decorations. WDW near the holidays is one of the best times to visit. Also the weather is still not cold. We had our coldest day last night and the lows were in the mid 50's and the highs today are in the mid to upper 70's.
Have fun!!!!