PDA

View Full Version : Florida Resident Seasons Pass

Flower
11-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I noticed in the info central section it does not list parking as being included with this type of ticket. Is this correct that parking is NOT included, or was it just a typo/oversight and parking IS included?

Also, I know with a regular annual pass you need to renew when the old one expires to take advantage of the re-newal rate.

Do you have to re-new the seasonal pass right away as well? And if you renew immediately, does your 180 days begin at time of renewal purchase, or when they are first used?

ILoveLegos
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I noticed in the info central section it does not list parking as being included with this type of ticket. Is this correct that parking is NOT included, or was it just a typo/oversight and parking IS included?

Also, I know with a regular annual pass you need to renew when the old one expires to take advantage of the re-newal rate.

Do you have to re-new the seasonal pass right away as well? And if you renew immediately, does your 180 days begin at time of renewal purchase, or when they are first used?

Parking is not included on a Florida Residents Seasonal Pass.

The discounted renewal rate applies the same way it does for a discounted AP rate, on or near your anniversary, that's when it is the biggest bargin.

The one confusion that I think you have is the part you wrote about 180 days. A season pass expires once every 365 days (one year and one day from the date you purchase it). The only thing that makes it seasonal is that certain blackout dates apply - Christmas thru New Years, Spring Break, the busy (and hot) part of the summer.

Generally speaking these are peak season times when the park tends to be crowded - that's when you can't gain admission to WDW with a season's pass. A lot of Florida Residents avoid these times of the year anyway, so the Florida Resident Seasonal Pass is a good value choice for them.

The renewal rate immediately adds another 365 days to your annual anniversary date. If you want to delay a seasonal pass to begin when you actually first use it, you'd buy a new seasonal pass at the regular (the non-renewal) rate - which is slightly more expensive than renewing an expired seasons pass' renewal rate and gives you a new "starting" anniversary date where your pass will expire 365 days from that "new" anniversary date. I hope that was not too confusing.

Flower
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks - it is the way that it is written on info central with the ** for information above and below the blurb on the passes. They will be happy to know that the pass is good for a full year and not for 180 days!!! The blackout dates are not a problem for them either!

It is too bad parking is not included, or that you can't purchase a bulk parking pass.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
It is too bad parking is not included, or that you can't purchase a bulk parking pass.

at $11 a pop, and depending on how often it is going to be used, it might be worth it to upgrade... we "paid" for our pass in parking alone in the first 2 months of having an AP...but we live 50 min away and can go quite often. so I guess it just depends.