PDA

View Full Version : WL vs. POFQ

Disney_Barbie
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Please help me compare/contrast to decide on our upcoming trip. I'll start with the easy stuff I already know, but all insight would be much appreciated...

con WL/pro POFQ - Our upcoming trip will cost over $300 more if we choose WL over POFQ

Pro WL - amazing themeing , beautifull loby, beach, wonderfull ousite area.

Pro POFQ - Beautifull walk along the riverbank, horse & carrage rides available

Pro WL / con POFQ - POFQ rooms are accessable from exterior corridors where as WL rooms are excessed from interior corridors & have patios or balconys. WL rooms are also 30 sq ft larger

Pro WL - Boat ride to Magic Kingdom

Pro POFQ - Boat ride to Downtown Disney

Pro WL - More dinning options

Pro WL - Can view Electrical Pageant

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I love WL, and would love to stay there, but the rest of the family (and the budget) prefers POFQ.

So, my advice would be to do what we do...stay at FQ, save the $$, but take the boat from MK to WL one night for dinner, and then wander down to the beach for the water pagent, and then head back to FQ. :mickey:

garymacd
11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
WL rooms are larger, but the base room has two queen beds. POFQ rooms have double beds, so the extra room is not that noticeable.

On the other hand, POFQ only has double beds or the optional single King bed rooms.

Both resorts have wonderful theming, and are very small, so walking around the resorts doesn't take that long.

They both only have one bus stop, so travel is easy.

Pro WL: boat ride to MK, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Hoop de Doo Revue

Pro POFQ: Beignets:cloud9:

Pro POFQ: can view a wonderful dragon at the pool

Pro POFQ: Jazz music

Pro WL: a working geyser

Inside corridors have never been a concern to us, that is neither a pro or con for either resort - for us.

It really is up to you: do you like the quaint architecture of New Orleans, or the grandeur of of the Pacific Northwest?

Personally, I have trouble choosing between the two. Sometimes, it comes down to the money. Sometimes it comes down to the need for a beignet fix. Other times it comes down to my need to see towering pines, geysers, totem poles, mission-style furniture...

Tygger7
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
I realize I may be in the minority, but we stayed at POFQ and absolutely HATED it, because:
1) Outside access into rooms. We could hear noise from the other floors, and other buildings with people yelling. I think people are more careless about being quiet because the corridors are outside. You still have some noise in the hallways at WL, but it's a 1000 times better, IMHO.

2) Location. First, we had to walk FOREVER to get to the bus stops. Then, every bus took at least 45 mins to an hour to get to the parks. When we left the parks to head back to the hotel, the POFQ bus had the fewest runs. For every POFQ bus we saw, we counted 2-4 more buses in the same time period for the deluxe & value resorts.

3) Food options. The options at WL are MUCH better, hands down.

4) Cost - Personally, there is no comparison. Our vacation time is precious, and wasting an hour to get to the parks is too much.

Look at it like this...you said there's a $300 price difference. How often do you take vacations to WDW? If you're like us and only get to go every other year, divide that out and over how long you go between vacations. If that's every year, you're talking saving an extra $.82 per day...every other year, $.41 per day. Squeezing and extra dollar or so for your vacation fund is so worth the difference.

For us, it's WL or nothing. The resort is beautiful and relaxing. It's convenient to get directly to the MK and TTC. We have never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus, and it's easy to catch the buses in the evening at the parks. To me, it's worth every penny. :cloud9:

#1donaldfan
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
$300 difference???? that's it....???? WL would have my vote......I can't even think of WL for fam of 5......it's substantially more for us, so we just do POR AB.....actually though, I love POR....it's so laid back, shaded......just can't do much better for the price.....have fun choosing.....you can't go wrong....:mickey:

JWB3
11-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I've stayed at each and think both are great places to stay, but if the difference is only $300, for me it would be WL hands down. Just think of it as an extended 'Sox celebration!!

vicster
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
We love WL so that's what gets my vote!

Disney_Barbie
11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
$300 difference???? that's it....???? WL would have my vote......

Yup, only $300, but what I neglected to mention was that...
1) It's only a long weekend - just 5 short nights and we're getting the AP discount, that's why the difference betweed Mod & Deluxe is so small
2) We happen to land ourselves in circumstances that allow this to be our 3rd WDW trip in a 6-month time span. (which isn't how we normally live! We hadn't been for over a yr before the first of the 3 trips and probably won't be going back for atleast 2 years after this one. We just had several good opportunities to go and we went even though they all fell so close to back/to/back) ANYWAY, so admittedly, having been so often recently I'm not sure if I can justify "spoiling" myself on this trip, since the act of going is a very big SPOIL in the first place, ya know?

But anyway, thanks all for the opinions, but I guess I was looking for more of Tips/Secrets & points about WL & POFQ that you all might know