PDA

View Full Version : Poll:MK or Epcot?

JasonH
11-06-2007, 01:41 AM
While replying to another thread, I presented to myself a dilemma. Now that I'll be going to WDW a day earlier but still staying to the same end date, I have an extra day to go to Epcot(decided to go there for two days instead of one b/c after all, it is huge and with Christmas events/deco going on, will need all the time I can spend there).

I was planning for the DFam and I to go to MK on Nov. 26th originally and we'd use the extra day on the 24th to go to Epcot. However, now that I look at the hours MK is open on the 24th, it got me to thinking. MK is open until midnight on the 24th and open until 8pm on the 26th with Evening EMH (places MK open till 11pm). One hour difference. Epcot is open the same hours with no EMH on either day.

Now I know what you're thinking, go for MK b/c of the extra hour. Now back to the dilemma. If we go to MK on our first full day there, we'll be done with it very early on whereas by having it even a couple days later, may not feel so bad getting it done mid-trip. But there is that extra hour to play with.:mickey:

So there's the question...Do we go to MK first or Epcot first?

Dsnygirl
11-06-2007, 02:45 AM
:mickey: So, I'm guessing you don't have a park hopper... otherwise, MK wouldn't be "done" if you go your first day? If that's the case, then I'd be torn, too... we always do MK first - just something about seeing the castle that starts the trip off right. I've done Epcot first, and realized I was feeling like I was just "waiting" to get to MK. But -- if I knew that MK was only one day and I couldn't go back, I guess I'd tend to leave it for further on in the trip.

Sorry - I guess I really wasn't any help... do you have any way to add MK back in later in your trip?

thefunkypurplegirl
11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
im a nerd so im automatically inclined towards epcot :figment:

DDBird
11-06-2007, 07:37 AM
WE always do MK first and last and a few times in between. We love Epcot too but with 2 little ones MK is definitely our favourite.

mickey&missy
11-06-2007, 07:42 AM
That's a hard one!

I'm not sure that an hour is going to make a huge difference in the scheme of things. You can probably get 2 rides done, give or take depending on crowds. But, are you planning on going from open until close? If not then go an hour early.

I really depends on a lot of factors, do you have park hoppers, how many days you'll be in WDW and how much time your spending in AK and the Studios.

Like I said, this is a hard one! Personally, I don't really completely feel the magic until I'm on main street!

CaptainSad
11-06-2007, 07:44 AM
I voted MK. With Kids it's MK. If you are going without kids, EPCOT. When I'm down in December (no kids) I will hit EPCOT first this time.

AwPhooey
11-06-2007, 07:56 AM
I voted for Epcot.

If you were going any other time of year besides Christmas, I would have said MK, but Epcot has so much extra stuff to do during the holidays that I wouldn't want to miss.

LibertyTreeGal
11-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I voted MK. With Kids it's MK. If you are going without kids, EPCOT. When I'm down in December (no kids) I will hit EPCOT first this time.

Ditto, I was thinking the same thing....

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2007, 09:12 AM
While replying to another thread, I presented to myself a dilemma. Now that I'll be going to WDW a day earlier but still staying to the same end date, I have an extra day to go to Epcot(decided to go there for two days instead of one b/c after all, it is huge and with Christmas events/deco going on, will need all the time I can spend there).

I was planning for the DFam and I to go to MK on Nov. 26th originally and we'd use the extra day on the 24th to go to Epcot. However, now that I look at the hours MK is open on the 24th, it got me to thinking. MK is open until midnight on the 24th and open until 8pm on the 26th with Evening EMH (places MK open till 11pm). One hour difference. Epcot is open the same hours with no EMH on either day.

Now I know what you're thinking, go for MK b/c of the extra hour. Now back to the dilemma. If we go to MK on our first full day there, we'll be done with it very early on whereas by having it even a couple days later, may not feel so bad getting it done mid-trip. But there is that extra hour to play with.:mickey:

So there's the question...Do we go to MK first or Epcot first? :cloud9: If you have a park hopper do both, Magic Kingdom in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon. If you do not have a hopper, do you have kids? If you have kids definitely go with Magic Kingdom. If you do not have kids, I would probably do Epcot. It depends on what kind of experience you are into, if it is science and cultural experiences its Epcot and if you want traditional Disney magic its Magic Kingdom. Whatever you do, you will be at Disney World and I will be at work or home so it sounds like a winner for you either way. :number1:

threeh
11-06-2007, 09:25 AM
im a nerd so im automatically inclined towards epcot :figment:

Ditto!!!!

c&d
11-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I voted for MK. It's almost always our first park, makes it official that we're there. There's just something about walking down Main Street on your first day.

Jason Hook
11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
MK first if it is a weekday.

JPL
11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Nothing says WDW liek a day at the MK :mickey:

#1donaldfan
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I always choose MK first...no matter what.....then we end our time with MK....that's just us and we're sticking to it....either way you go, your going to be right....you'll be at Disney:thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
11-06-2007, 01:03 PM
we always start our trip with mk, it just wouldnt be right to do it any other way for us :mickey:

youngOx96
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I say EPCOT just because there is SOOO much to see there.

RAIDER
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Epcot is my favourite park so i voted for that ..:thumbsup:

JasonH
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I guess I could elaborate more on our plans. We don't have park hopper, we'll only be going to MK one day as well as AK and Studios. Epcot we'll be doing two days. Oh and also will be doing USIofA and USOF one day each as well. If you go in the order we originally planned before adding an extra day for Epcot was this: Studios w/EMH, MK w/EMH, USOF, AK w/EMH, USIofA and finally Epcot w/EMH. Now when you add Epcot in for an extra day, you get the scenario for the poll. Hope that helps in the decision. :D

beksy
11-07-2007, 08:39 AM
For me it would be no question, we always do MK first. It is our favorite park and just doesn't seem like we're really at Disney until we are walking down Main Street! Of course, we also end up with the MK and do it a day in between and end up going back for extra time on other days. :cloud9:

PirateLover
11-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I finnd Evening EMH at MK to be a complete headache. Crowds are usually worse then weekends, and everything isn't open either. So I'd go the day it's open late without EMH. (I think you said it's your first day?)

WDWFREAK101
11-07-2007, 04:59 PM
MK has all of the magic. It started the entire Disney experience. It is THE park! Epcot on the other hand doesn't have a lot of kiddie rides and not a lot of things for kids. It is more focused on thrills. Sure it has Figment but with Test Track Soarin' and Mission Space there too, it is hard to compete. MK has the kid rides that adults love too and it has thrill rides that the kids will love too. Well, some of them (Maybe not space mountain)

Definitly do MK.

PrincessAmanda
11-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I love starting my trip off at the Magic Kingdom. It's my favourite park; therefore, it is also the last park I visit.

Tink#64
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Question for you - has the rest of the family been to WDW? The reason I ask is this. Our very first trip, it rained on our first park day. We had planned to go to MK, but went to Epcot instead, because alot of attractions are indoors. My DS's were then 4 & 6, and we all fell in love with Epcot.They may not have liked it nearly so much had we went to the MK 1st!

Two trips later, DM & DB, his DG & her daughter,(same age as my oldest DS) went with us. We went to MK first, which is now our routine, MK 1st & last days! On subsequent days at Epcot & The Studios, the little girl was bored. She wanted the rides like at MK!

So if it was my family, if we had a hopper, we'd split the time between Epcot & MK, if no hopper, then the question would be, are you planning to do both WS & FW, which for us, each take the better part of a day for visiting all that we want to do. We always do 2 days of Epcot, (1 FW & 1 for WS) & 2 days of MK.

I'd evaluate your situation, maybe ask you family, and get a general idea what everyone would like to do, since after all you're at your happy place & you want everyone (if possible) to be happy.

Very good question, and some great responses here, unfortunately, you are the only one that knows your family & what would make your trip the most enjoyable for everyone!

I know it's tough planning & I wish you a magical trip! I know you'll have a wonderful trip either way!:magic: