PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Contemporary recently???

mouseketeer mom
11-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I'd love some feedback for anyone who's been there recently! Our first stay is next week! I'm worried I might regret it because of the construction! We have a tower room, MK view, 4 nights.

WheresWalt
11-05-2007, 07:20 PM
We just spent three night there with an MK view a couple weeks ago. As of then, the construction was kind of everywhere in the middle of the building (Grand Canyon Concourse) but there really isn't any noise to speak of during quiet hours. The gentle rumble of the monorail was all.

The quick service food area is very small and doesn't have much selection (not that the old one did either) and they are NOT offering the refill mugs at all at the Contemporary. Kind of a bummer for us cause we love them since they are such a good deal.

The construction outside isn't pretty but it doesn't impede the resort in anyway and won't hurt your MK view.

Make sure to catch some fireworks from your balcony if you can. We watched Hallowishes from our balcony.. really cool!! :mickey:

DawsonAR
11-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I am sitting in my room at the CR right now. The construction is noticeable, but it really doesn't bother us. we are having a great time. I never really had a desire to stay here but I am rethinking our January trip. I might change from Polu to CR

mouseketeer mom
11-06-2007, 06:26 AM
I am sitting in my room at the CR right now. The construction is noticeable, but it really doesn't bother us. we are having a great time. I never really had a desire to stay here but I am rethinking our January trip. I might change from Polu to CR

Tell me more! Tell me more! I need reassurance!

Tinkerfreak
11-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Sorry to change the subject but I am curious if you like the Contemporary transportation better than the Poly? We just returned and loved the monorail to Epcot but did not like walking back to our room in the rain. When we were visiting the Contemporary I was thinking it would be nice to jump on the monorail right inside the hotel and ride to the TTS and switch monorails there to go to Epcot. What are your thoughts on this?

WheresWalt
11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Sorry to change the subject but I am curious if you like the Contemporary transportation better than the Poly? We just returned and loved the monorail to Epcot but did not like walking back to our room in the rain. When we were visiting the Contemporary I was thinking it would be nice to jump on the monorail right inside the hotel and ride to the TTS and switch monorails there to go to Epcot. What are your thoughts on this?

THAT is one of the reasons we love CR... if you stay in the tower, it is all under one roof. You room is an elevator away. Plus, if the day is fine, you can WALK to the MK.:mickey:

DawsonAR
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I really haven't noticed much noise or dust from the construction. One day we could hear some noise but only while in the concourse area. I like the ease of boarding at the CR but you do have to change at TTC for EPCOT. While at the Poly you can just walk to TTC without having to change.

I really like the free internet at the CR right now. It is nice to take a few minutes each day an check Intercot. :thumbsup: