PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham's Bonnet Creek Resort

Daisy712
11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
We have the possibility of staying at Bonnet Creek next summer. Have you stayed there after you have stayed many times at Disney properties? We are torn because we love the Disney atmosphere of the Disney resorts, early entry and late closings, and the bus transportation. My MIL and FIL own with Wyndham and we can stay there for free. What are the advantages (other than being free) to staying at Bonnet Creek? I don't plan to cook dinners or lunches, but we will use the kitchen for breakfast.

Thanks for your help.:rocks:

NJGIRL
11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
That's funny because we are looking into staying there next Oct and all of the reviews I have read have been good. We perfer to stay at timeshares because of the room. Two bedrooms, living room, two bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room. You can't beat that. Plus it's alot cheaper. We are at Disney all day long and don't need to sleep there too. Just my opinion. We don't cook either but the kitchen is good for breakfast plus you can buy drinks and other snacks to have at night. We feel too crammed at Disney Hotels and when we do stay there it's just for a couple of nights. All the timeshares we have stayed at have been no more than 5 mins from Disney's main gate and the last one we were at was closer to the theme parks than some of the Disney Hotels. We also get a car because we go to Universal a couple of days each trip and also sometimes like to eat at otheer non Disney restaurants at night. I love the timeshares but this being a Disney website I'm sure most will tell you not to do it.

DizneyRox
11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
If you're looking for Disney perks, there are none. There are other intangibles at staying at off-site hotels, usually $$ being one of the big ones.

While I'd done both, I prefer to stay on-site. But, I don't mind staying off-site if the price is right.

Doesn't answer your questions, but maybe it helped...

ToDisney
11-08-2007, 05:19 PM
We really like it there. Yea I missed the Mickey soap:mickey: But for what you'll save (you said free) You can go to DTD and buy some!
They may not have Disney characters at the pools, but neither do the BC, GF, CB,and so on. They do have a really cool Lazy river, 2 pools, 1 with zero entry, the other with a slide. And a mini golf area. (that is really nice.) And it is located right beside CBR (Caribbean Beach) so some of the rooms have a great view of EPCOT! We could see the fireworks from our balcony. If you check out live.com on the map search, you can see how the buildings surround the lake and where the Resort is in comparison to the parks. We didn't use there shuddle to the parks so I dont know if it was any good. We would go back though. This time the kids wanted the dining plan, so for now we are still onsite.
Have fun whatever you choose;) Trust me your close enough to Disney you won't forget!

andreallybadeggs
11-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a deal too good to refuse...
Haven't stayed at WBC but would love to try it sometime and if we could stay for free, we'd jump at the chance; especially since it is surrounded by Disney property.
We love the on-site resorts but have stayed off site many times and still had wonderful Disney experiences. You'll have to foot the bill for transportation (parking) and I strongly suggest avoiding the EMH park(s) of the day so plan accordingly but we liked having the extra space, full kitchen (although we don't cook much either), and easy laundry access.:mickey:

ToDisney
11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
and easy laundry access.:mickey:

OH Yeah!! I forgot, full size, right there in your room. Thats great not just for the kids but I like it for me too!:thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a deal too good to refuse...
Haven't stayed at WBC but would love to try it sometime and if we could stay for free, we'd jump at the chance; especially since it is surrounded by Disney property.
We love the on-site resorts but have stayed off site many times and still had wonderful Disney experiences. You'll have to foot the bill for transportation (parking) and I strongly suggest avoiding the EMH park(s) of the day so plan accordingly but we liked having the extra space, full kitchen (although we don't cook much either), and easy laundry access.:mickey:

Actually you don't have to foot the bill for transportation at WBC they have a shuttle service to the parks. I haven't gone yet but am going in February and I can't wait! Will let you know when I get back! I would love to hear from people who have actually stayed at this resort and hear their thoughts too!

Amy_617
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I wanted to bump this thread up to get some up to date info. We will be headed to WBC in May taking my parents, and wanted to know some info from people who have actually stayed there. How are the buses? What about the food options? Do they have resturants or quick food service there? Which rooms should I request to get the epcot view? Thanks in advance!

doviasgirl
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
We're owners at Bonnet Creek and love it! If you want to take a day away from Disney they have activities all day for kids and family, they have computers to use in the main building, scavenger hunts, games at the pool, they have a snack bar--sandwiches etc., also a playground, putting course, sidewalks around the lake if you want to take a walk. The washer and dryers in the units are great if you're staying more than a couple of days.We have not used the bus service since we either drive down or rent a car if we fly. If anyone in your party has an annual pass to Disney, the parking would be free, also if you use AAA to purchase tickets to the park they will give you a pass to a special section (close to the gates) to park in. We always request (requests are not guaranteed same as Disney) a unit facing the lake and if you request one of the newer high rise buildings you can see the fireworks from Epcot. Too many amenities to mention everything. However, on another note if Disney has the Free Dining we will usually stay at a Disney Resort simply because it is such a great deal!!