PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Merchandise question...

jpH/keD
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi! I have a question. We are going to MVMCP on Nov 16th. Our flight lands at 12:20 so we will check in and piddle around for a while and then head to the park. How early do they put out the party merchandise? What all do they have and where will it be located? I am a Disney music freak so the Event CD is mine whatever it takes. Also I want some kind of souvie w/ the date on it for the kids. What should I be looking for? Somewhere I heard if you wait til the end of the night to purchase you might be out of luck?? Is that true? Do they run out of stuff???? TIA for any expert advice!:party:

JPL
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
They put the mechandise out as soon as the party begins and you must show a wristband to enter the stores selling the mechandise :thumbsup:

jkj1224
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Since the party officially starts at 7 and only party guests are permitted to buy the event merchandise it is usually put out right at 7, and you will have to have a wristband to purchase. Event pins are usually at frontierland pin trader, uptown jewelers, and expo hall, other merchandise is available at the bigger stores and the emporium.

emerzmom
11-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Hi jpH/keD,
I just wanted to say...me too! Our flight arrives at 1:20 on 11/16 and we have tickets to MVMCP that evening. I can't wait!
Have fun!
:tink::santa::tree::candy::magic:

jpH/keD
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Cool deal, emerzmom! We will see you there! :thumbsup: Anyone have favorite souvies they get at this event???

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-07-2007, 10:12 AM
At the Emporium, the merchandise isn't out until 8:00pm.

Since it is exclusive party merchandise, we can't sell it until the majority of the day guests have left. The Emporium is the third largest store on the WDW resort - it runs the entire length of Main Street. At 7:15, we put CM's on every door and in between the walkways to different areas (the one between the Princess Room and the Plush room, as well as between Princess Room and Childrens Room) so that unless you have a wristband, you can only move in one direction (towards the door)

As I said before, the store runs the entire length of Main Street, so it takes roughly an hour to clear all of the day guests. Which is why it goes out around 8:00, if there are any day guests who linger (which usually happens) we refuse to sell any exclusive party merchandise to them.

Also, the merchandise is only sold during the parties. You cannot purchase it the next day, so don't forget. The Emporium is open until 1/2 hour after the party.

You should keep an eye out for me, I'll most likely be there.

jpH/keD
11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
OMG!!! Capt. Jessica you absoutely ROCK!! That is awesome info! Thank you so much!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I will find you!! Good to know about the 8pm time frame. I didnt want everything to be gone before I had a chance to shop!! :cloud9: See you in 9 days!!!

BMan62
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Please tell me there will be MVMCP Golf-style Shirts available!!!!

I only buy clothes that I can wear to work, or to golf in, so T's just don't do it for me. Office dress code is 'Business Casual.'

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm not to sure what they have yet. Haven't been in work in a few days so I haven't seen a lot of the merch.

However, I will say we have some of the darn cutest things for Christmas right now, including these cute little Dreams/Winter plush and this cute Sorcerer Mickey stocking.

DISNEYFIX
11-07-2007, 12:16 PM
At the Emporium, the merchandise isn't out until 8:00pm.

Since it is exclusive party merchandise, we can't sell it until the majority of the day guests have left. The Emporium is the third largest store on the WDW resort - it runs the entire length of Main Street. At 7:15, we put CM's on every door and in between the walkways to different areas (the one between the Princess Room and the Plush room, as well as between Princess Room and Childrens Room) so that unless you have a wristband, you can only move in one direction (towards the door)

As I said before, the store runs the entire length of Main Street, so it takes roughly an hour to clear all of the day guests. Which is why it goes out around 8:00, if there are any day guests who linger (which usually happens) we refuse to sell any exclusive party merchandise to them.

Also, the merchandise is only sold during the parties. You cannot purchase it the next day, so don't forget. The Emporium is open until 1/2 hour after the party.

You should keep an eye out for me, I'll most likely be there.

How quickly will they sell out of things? If so, what would they be? Are there things that are only for one party and not available for another party date?
Thanks
Chris

Magic Smiles
11-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks for a GREAT question. I never knew that they sold merchandise just for the party. We are attending the party 2 nights - 6 Dec & 11 Dec - and considering maybe a 3rd time - 20 Dec, as there are no extra magic hours at any of the parks on the 20th and we leave on the 21st.
Anyways, will they deliver your purchases made during the party to your hotel? Also, what kinds of items are available? I am getting so excited. 4 weeks today we will have landed in Orlando, but whose counting.:mickey:

MPoppins
11-07-2007, 01:16 PM
MVMCP Merchandise in the past has consisted of a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a mug, a piece of plush, and a few pins - party specific, AP, and DVC. It seems that last year there was a fleece throw of some sort too. The merchandise is usually very cute, but not particularly of a high quality. The mug is a really nice keepsake because once you're home, you can remember the party while enjoying coffee or hot chocolate! Everything (in the past, at least) that was offered was made for all of the parties with the exception of the party pin which is date specific.

Sometimes, people form a line to get into the Emporium in order to purchase the goodies. Keep your peepers tweaked for lines.

By the way, we're flying in on the 16th as well and are going to the party that night! Intercot will be well represented!

See you there! :minnie::santa3::santa::tree:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-07-2007, 11:31 PM
For the merchandise, the only thing we usually sell out of is the pins. I'm not sure if they will be different for each party like last year or if they will go by the week (which I think it the case since I only saw a few on our inventory). But there really isn't a need to form a line...I can pretty much say that the merchandise will be there until the end. For the pin, you can probably get it at Uptown Jewelers or Star Traders faster than at the Emporium (they are smaller and they can clear the store faster than we can).

DISNEYFIX
11-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Thank you soooooo much for the info, a great heads up. What else should we know? Have you seen the party stuff for this year? Is it nice? Pic or description?
Really, thanks for the tips.
Chris

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm a bit retro so I don't have one of those high tech camera phones - I only just got polytones and color on it. So I can't get pictures, but I'll describe them...one I can find them.

Um, not to give away any of the magic - but the Emporium has about 5 stock rooms plus an outdoor cage for larger items/unopened boxes and none of which are very organized. With the insane amount of Christmas stuff we've got in it's extremely chaotic back there and I'm still trying to figure out where everything is at. I haven't seen the merch yet...but I work tonight and I'll see if I come across it.

JPL
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Please tell me there will be MVMCP Golf-style Shirts available!!!!

I can confirm they didn't have a golf style shirt last year at MVMCP and they didn't have one at MNSSHP this year. I look for them for the same reason I can wear them to work.

DISNEYFIX
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm a bit retro so I don't have one of those high tech camera phones - I only just got polytones and color on it. So I can't get pictures, but I'll describe them...one I can find them.

Um, not to give away any of the magic - but the Emporium has about 5 stock rooms plus an outdoor cage for larger items/unopened boxes and none of which are very organized. With the insane amount of Christmas stuff we've got in it's extremely chaotic back there and I'm still trying to figure out where everything is at. I haven't seen the merch yet...but I work tonight and I'll see if I come across it.

Thank you that is very nice of you. We will be at the MVMCP on the 25th and 29th of Nov.:number1:

Figment!
11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Walt Disney Event Services has released the 2007 line-up of Event Exclusive merchandise.

See Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2007 Event Exclusive Merchandise (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119923) in the shopping forum for details, pictures and prices.

jpH/keD
11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok Jessica and Jason, No one mentioned the Christmas CD?? I didnt see a pic of that either? Will that be in Mk that night or where can I find that? Listening to Disney cds is how I keep the magic when not in the planning stages! :secret: I have to have music!! Any clues?? :thumbsup: Thanks in advance! This time next week we will be THERE!!!!! :party::party::mickey: