PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate is the best?

deva
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
We returned from Port Orleans French Quarter last week & thought it was pretty good (although our floors were FILTHY!). It was the first time we stayed at a moderate, having previously only stayed at the various All-Star resorts.

We really liked the resort. Our kids loved the slide (which was just right for a 6 and 2 year-old (not too tall or scary)) as well as the rest of the pool area. We also liked the relatively small size of the resort, close proximity to parking and the food court, and options in the food court and general store. Also the general "feel" of the resort was great.

We did not like the filthy floors and room size (a little small). Also, not having a sit-down restaurant was a minus.

Given what we did and did not like, how does the POFQ rank compared to the other moderate resorts? Which moderate is the best? We are planning another trip next year and are probably going to stick with a moderate. I'm curious to hear what people think about the moderates, especially as they compare to POFQ. What is better/worse about the others.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

mackeymouse
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
We prefer Port Orleans Riverside. And within that resort we prefer the condo like rooms. It does have a sit down restaurant. The food court is huge! Its easy to get a room close to transportation and main building. The slide isn't pretty, but is funcational and works for little ones!

The other two can have long walks to your room from just about anything.

Mia

KarenP
11-05-2007, 03:05 PM
The "best"moderate is a matter of personal opinion. It really depends upon which theming appeals most to you. French Quarter is the smallest of the 4. The other 3 are pretty spread out. The others all have a sit down restaurant as well. All have the same room size with Caribbean Beach rooms being a tad larger.

Filthy floors are not acceptable at any of Disney's resorts. I hope you called the front desk to have the situation remedied. They would have either cleaned my room or moved me to another one that was clean.

DVC Mike
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Which moderate is the best?

My own personal opinion:

1) POFQ
2) POR
3) CSR
4) CBR

wdw_bound
11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
We prefer Port Orleans Riverside. And within that resort we prefer the condo like rooms. It does have a sit down restaurant. The food court is huge! Its easy to get a room close to transportation and main building. The slide isn't pretty, but is funcational and works for little ones!

The other two can have long walks to your room from just about anything.

Mia

Beg to differ on room location. When we booked, we made exactly that request for medical reasons, and got put at the back of beyond at check in. When I asked to be moved as DD9 has limited mobility, I was told "sorry, nothing we can do." So, depending on when you go, it may not be all that easy to get a room in a good location.

That being said, we enjoyed POR, but as a family decided that we'd probably like POFQ more. We also looked at CSR, but the boat to DTD was our deciding factor.

nifty48
11-05-2007, 09:34 PM
The "best"moderate is a matter of personal opinion. It really depends upon which theming appeals most to you. French Quarter is the smallest of the 4. The other 3 are pretty spread out.

I agree with Karen - the "best" moderate is a matter of personal opinion. I like POFQ because of it's small size. It's not so overwhelming. Having a sit down restaurant is not an issue for us. If you want one it's an easy walk down to POR to Boatwrights.

I love the food court at Coronado Springs Resort - the Pepper Market. Its unique.

Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside resorts are both beautiful resorts.

I have never had a problem with a filthy room. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Moderates.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Carribean Beach:vacation:

c&d
11-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Coronado Springs: Love it. We loved Pepper Market, we could all find something we liked. The main pool site was great, never crowded. Buses were never crowded because it's a conference center so the people are busy during the day.
Biggest drawback: Size, be ready to walk.

PO Riverside. Our first real on-site stay. We loved the pool and Boatwright's. After we had our son, we loved the Alligator Bayou section. Also loved being able to rent boats and the horse and carriage rides.
Biggest drawback: Bus sharing

PO French Quarter: Were not that impressed with it. Yes we did like the smaller size and it's a very pretty resort. We didn't like the food court choices at all.
Best part: Boat to downtown.

Caribbean Beach: Haven't tried it yet.