PDA

View Full Version : The Wave at the Contemporary

medic9016
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Anybody know anything about this restaurant? I got this from the Orlando Sentinel.:secret:

New restaurant "The Wave" coming to Contemporary Resort

As Walt Disney World continues rehab work on the 36-year-old Contemporary Resort, the company has also submitted paperwork to construct a new restaurant inside the hotel.

Called "The Wave," the new restaurant will be built into the north end of the Contemporary’s main tower. It will become the hotel’s resort’s third full-service restaurant..

A Disney spokesman said the theme will be trendy, and The Wave will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner, and will feature a bar. It should open by next spring or summer.

McGoofy
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
You know more about the restaurant itself than I do, but here's what I learned this last week while I was there. Currently there is construction going on right in front of where the gift shop is. There are temporary construction walls up. There are also design drawings on those walls of the future gift shop that is under construction. If you go to floors up above the area, you can look down and see what will be the new gift shop. It looks like the doors are going to be a huge black framed Mickey Mouse head. Anyhow, regarding the restaurant...the monorail CM told us that once the gift shop is constructed, the current gift shop will move, and that area will then be turned into the new restaurant. She didn't mention any time frame or details regarding the restuarant.

Here's some photos (http://travel.webshots.com/album/561334041EOTVZr?vhost=travel)that I took of the construction last week.

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry for the dumb question, but does that mean Concourse will close? If so, when?

Jared
11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Concourse Steakhouse will close permanately in the spring when The Wave, a new table service option, opens in either March or April.

By August, a new counter service restaurant will open where Concourse Steakhouse is now, replacing the Food and Fun Center, which is already closed.