PDA

View Full Version : Just how cold is it first week of February??

KatGat
11-05-2007, 12:02 PM
We've only visited in November, but are considering visiting Feb. 1-7. I don't like the cold and would like for our 2 yr old to be able to play in the splash areas, but this may be the only time I can go. Is it ok during the day and brutally cold at night, or is it just plain cold all the time? Any advice on making the most of a cold trip???

faline
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
It can be either, both, or anywhere in between.

In February, we've had lovely pool weather and weather far too cold to go anywhere near the pool - sometimes both extremes in the same trip!

ibrowse17
11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
We were there from 17-24 Feb, and it was down right cold the start of the week then much warmer as the week went on. We went from wearing every piece of clothing we brought to t-shirts and shorts. Be prepared for anything.:thumbsup:

tennantsrwe
11-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure where you're from but we live in SC and to us WDW in February is too cold to do any water activities. The pools at the resort are heated, I don't know about the water parks though. It's the getting out and drying off part that gets me. If you're used to cold weather, then the FL February weather might not be so bad. Anything below 78 is too cold for water stuff for us, lol. :blush: There are some days that get pretty cold at the World....and others are pleasantly nice. Hit or miss, I guess.

CarolS
11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Just to repeat what the other poster said-it can be either.

We've gone the 2nd week in February 3 times. The first 2 times it was nice, around mid 70's during the day, mid 50's at night. We were able to swim in the heated pools at night and still be comfortable.

This last time was just down right cold! It was in the 20's at night and 40's during the day. Most people were in winter coats, hats and gloves.

Unfortunately at that time of year you have to plan for everything.

That said, I wouldn't let the cold stop me :mickey:

Just wanted to add too that when it was cold on that trip some of the resort pools were closed and the water parks also close. Too cold for little ones to splash.

CarolS
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
We were there from 17-24 Feb, and it was down right cold the start of the week and much warmer as the week went on. We went from wearing every piece of clothing we brought to t-shirts and shorts. Be prepared for anything.:thumbsup:

We were there that same time only we didn't stay long enough for the warm up-brrrrrrrrrrrrr:freeze:

Strmchsr
11-05-2007, 03:14 PM
You've heard personal responses, but click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to see the data for each day for the last 4 years. That will allow you to determine for yourself whether or not you consider it cold.

MsMin
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Don't forget too that ppl feel cold differently if you are not used to humidity and it's a wet cold it will feel much much colder. I don't know why but my car thermometer read nearly 10 degrees lower than the posted temp that Disney reports. :freezing: Maybe the records are the average for the day or at a particular or the high and low for the day but not the night but it does get cold there, very cold and it's not uncommon to have an 85 degree day either. So yes, bring layers and remember that a child sitting in a stroller is not moving as much as you. I think that if you are prepared for cold that you can have a great time. Remember too that you have a lot of exposure out there. Temps that I can take at home I start to freeze after I've been out in it all day and the temp starts dropping and the rides are still running the a/c:confused:
I wouldn't hesitate going but just don't be caught underdressed or underprepared for a nasty cold from time to time.

KatGat
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm from the south and I'm used to humidity, but I get cold easily and I worry about my toddler being outside for so long in those temps. I saw the historical temperatures, but I'm just not good at translating the numbers into what it really feels like. And I don't know what the wind or wind chill was like those days. We would certainly plan on being bundled up, but our faces will be exposed. It's a touch call...go when it's cold & risk spending lots & being uncomfortable, or not go at all... Thanks for everyone's input!

Ohhohohhhh*ItsMagic
12-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm from MInnesota and we usually like to go to WDW at the end of January/beginning of Feb. To us the weather is not bad during that time. The 50's and 60's are warm compared to 10 below that we are getting! The kids have gone swimming each time we went. It can be cold at night and you do have to add layers but it's never been nothing that we couldn't handle. The waterparks are usually closed but that doesn't bother us...that's not why we're there. We went once in July and we will never do that again! The crowds were horrible. Not to mention that when we got up in the morning it was 95, when we went to bed at night...it was 95! We had a good time but that time of year is so much more different. The crowds are so minimal during Jan. We are able to walk onto every ride, we are able to watch the shows and fireworks with no problem, we are able to walk into restaurants with no ressies...it just makes sense to us.

Beast_fanatic
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
The waterparks are usually closed but that doesn't bother us...

At least one waterpark is always open - one will close down for maintenance while the other one is open and then they switch.