PDA

View Full Version : What is your Southwest Fare guess?

Daisy712
11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Hello,

We are keeping our fingers crossed for low fares for March/April spring break dates. :tink:Any guesses on what Southwest's fares will be? They come out on Nov. 8. Does anyone know anyway that I could find historic fares for that date?

Thanks,
Daisy

lovenmickey
11-05-2007, 11:49 AM
We are going Dec 1-8th and I waited until about 2 1/2 weeks ago and got a $48 ding fare for our flights going from Manchester, NH to Orlando, and then got $79 return flights. If you are patient you might find a better flight. I am sure glad I did.

ThanxForNoticin
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Just be careful, though. Demand for flights the first week of December is going to be much lighter than it will be during the spring break months. I would definitely be completely ready with the dates I want when SW starts taking reservations into April - grab them early, or you might be paying a lot more later. I bet many of the March/April flights eventually sell out, which means no ding fares at all for those flights. Good luck.

poohluva
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
We paid about $250 for NON stop round trip tickets out of Manchester,NH last year for tickets during our April break, and I was checking every 10 minutes on the day they opened up the booking. I didn't get the cheapest fares, but hopefully will have better luck on Thursday when they open up for next April's break!! Luckily we're getting 2 tickets free with our Southwest rapid rewards points, so only have to pay for 2 out of pocket.

Good luck booking your flights!!

:plane:

Cindy'smom
11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm watching for lower fares for the last week of February. Right now a non-stop round trip flight from Manchester, NH to Orlando that week is over $500!:jaw: Hope you have better luck than I seem to be having!

KatGat
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I flew non stop on Southwest April 28-30th and paid $218. I bought the flights April 13th, so it was kind of last minute.

DisneyBunch5
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
A stupid question - how do you know that the Southwest fares will be out on Nov. 8th?

poohluva
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
We had a question about our rewards points, and when DH was on the phone with them he asked and they told him. I guess they weren't able to tell in the past when the flights were opning up, but now they can. They just didn't give a specific time.

Daisy712
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
It is on their website under Travel Tools. Not so stupid, huh?:number1: