PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh Rides

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
:sleigh: My friend has an off site timeshare and would like to do the sleigh rides at the Wilderness Lodge one night during her visit to Disneyworld. Is this available to people not staying on grounds? If I am staying on grounds, can I book this for her?

PlutoLover
11-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure they are available to everyone. I have one booked and I had to hold it with a credit card but they told me I could not pay with a credit card, I have to pay my "sleigh" driver directly with resort card or cash. I would assume you just book it and pay with cash in the case that you are not staying in the parks.

I've heard they book up quick so I would call asap to make a reservation, especially for December.

PS There is a 24 cancellation policy and if you are a no show they will charge your cc.

Have Fun :santa3:

tennantsrwe
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes you can book the sleighride without being a resort guest. My understanding it's the same with a lot of the extra WDW activities. I, too, would call ASAP b/c they do fill up fast. There are 2 size sleighs, small and large. You will need the CC to reserve, but like the other intercotee said...you pay with cash. Have fun!

tiaramom
11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Please Fill Me In On What The Sleigh Ride Is ?
When Is It Offered?
Time?
Cost?
Please Explain..
Thanks So Much

Disneyatic
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Who do you call to book this? Do you call WDW reservations or the resort directly?

Do you know how far in advance you can book?

PlutoLover
11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Call 407-WDW-PLAY

Offered the whole month of December at the Wilderness Lodge. It departs every 30 mins from 5:30p-9:30p

You definitely can call now because I already booked mine a while back for Dec 15th, I think it started 90 days in advance.

It holds 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children (9 and under). Mine is booked for just my husband and I.

It's $35.00 but I am not sure if that is pp or total.

This is the Wilderness Lodge Carriage ride but they make the carriage look like a sleigh.

I hope this helps everyone :sleigh:

LandFan
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I believe the $35 is per carriage. They do start December 1st. I tried to get one for the last week of Thanksgiving and found out they don't start until then so we are taking a regular carriage ride from Fort Wilderness instead.