PDA

View Full Version : Dinner w/o kids in Epcot area?

Tink&Goofy
11-05-2007, 01:42 AM
I am planning for one evening for dinner - just the 2 of us, with NO KIDS. We are staying at the BW, and would like to dine in the Epcot area. Obviously, something romantic would be great - but also want a great meal. At this point, we haven't decided if we will be getting the DDP, but at the very least, we would get the DDE. We already have plans to eat at LeCellier and Coral Reef as a family.
I was considering the new Italian restaurant, but so far it has mixed reviews. Obviously it is still new, and things can improve. Seems on the spendy side, if we opt to forego the DDP.
Any suggestions??

BronxTigger
11-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Yachtsman Steakhouse; it is pricey but I've heard good things about it.

I've heard good things about the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin.

There's also the Brown Derby at MGM.

CanadianWDWFan
11-05-2007, 08:09 AM
There's also the Brown Derby at MGM.
The Brown Derby is GREAT!:thumbsup: We had a wonderful meal there in October, We even had the kids with us.

What about a meal In France at Bistro De Paris? There is Spoodles on the Boardwalk, although we have only had OK meals there. Nothing spectacular.

SBETigg
11-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Bistro de Paris in France. Very adult atmosphere and menu. Yachtsman's Steakhouse would also be a good choice. Flying Fish at the Boardwalk gets rave reviews and looks like one to try.

If you're trying to keep costs down, Marrakesh is unique and fun with good food.

pamickeys
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
don't forget about Mexico great atmosphere and good food.Yachtsman-over priced for what you get,Shulas-great but VERY pricey.Bistro-way over hyped,Spoodles never again,for us we like to get all dressed up and go to Brown Derby for a late nite dinner makes you feel like you're back in the hey day of Hollywood.

brownie
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
The San Angel Inn in Mexico has great atmosphere. I'd also recommend Spoodles on the Boardwalk.

Kairi_7378
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I would consider Flying Fish, Brown Derby, or Marakesh.

DisFan01
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I would recommend San Angel Inn Resteraunt at the Mexico Pavillion. Great food, plus a ride, and overall great atmosphere!

pogo
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
This is a job for Natazu ! Let's see if we can find him. He'll know the answer to your question. :D

Goes4FastPass
11-05-2007, 05:20 PM
The only way to get a kid-less meal at Disney World is to

1. Hop a flight to Las Vegas or

2. Eat room service with ear plugs.

WDW is for people who expect kids to be part of their vacation 24-7.

Natazu
11-06-2007, 03:02 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Epcot Area Restaurants for 2 Adults Who've Dumped Their Kids for the Night, Don't Know if They'll Have the Dining Plan or not, and Aren't Sure About Tutto Italia:
7. San Angel Inn
6. Nine Dragons
5. Coral Reef (which you have, good choice)
4. Spoodles
3. Le Cellier (another good choice)
2. Marrakesh
1. Flying Fish (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570)

EDIT: When I changed the Epcot top-7 to "Epcot Area" top-7, I neglected to move Marrakesh down when I added Flying Fish and Spoodles. The list is now correct. Sorry Rose & Crown.

irish1967
11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
The only way to get a kid-less meal at Disney World is to

1. Hop a flight to Las Vegas or

2. Eat room service with ear plugs.

WDW is for people who expect kids to be part of their vacation 24-7.

LOL - my DH and I didn't even get a kids less meal at the Bellagio last year in Las Vegas.

Anyway, congratulations on having the opportunity to have a meal without your own kids while at WDW.

I second the Yachtsman Steakhouse - it is pricey but we think it is definitely worth it. Other than that, I would say go for something in a country in World Showcase that looks good to you and your DH that you wouldn't choose when your kids are around.

Jared
11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I was waiting for Jym to confirm what I already suspected -- Flying Fish Cafe is the best option for a childless couple in the Epcot area. If you guys like seafood, prepare for a delicious meal.

Look at Jym's reviews for inspiration and a craving.

StillSimbaGirl
11-06-2007, 01:45 PM
I have never seen a small child at the Bistro de Paris - seen a few tweens and teens....but mostly couples.

There is NO children's menu.

And the food is good. They don't do DDP, but they do DDE. So...it cuts out alot of the crowd at the Bistro by not participating in the DDP. I ate there twice last time...just to escape the hordes of people on the Dining Plan. I just stuck DD at the kids club at the BC. Voila!

busterthebronco
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
bistro de paris.
no question.
i dont count it as disney but shula's in the swan is sweet!

anneb
11-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I would also vote for the Bistro de Paris. You will generally dine completely child free there - I have seen somone under age 15 in there only once, and never a small child. The Flying Fish would be my next choice. (I usually try to work both of these in on my trips.) I have mixed exeriences with BlueZoo - one meal was excellent, the other very slow and disappointing. If you do choose BlueZoo, be sure to go after dark - whatever they tried to do with the decor there simply doesn't work before dark.