PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks in December?

BrerStitch
11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello,

We're planning a Dec. trip in 2008 and wanted to know, are the waterparks closed on the same schedule every year for rehab? Is is always Typhoon Lagoon first and then BB?

Also, how busy is the waterpark that's open, since there is only one open at this time. We'd be going the first week of December. Thanks.

WDWfanatic742
11-04-2007, 08:55 PM
We went on Thursday and even then it wasn't very busy. Summit Plummit had a 5 person wait all day long that we were there. You could always see that the line started at the very top of the stairs.

Speedy1998
11-04-2007, 09:19 PM
They always keep one open, but it might be pretty cold in Dec. Even with heated pools I would not want to go to the water parks in Dec.

ThanxForNoticin
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
You can usually get info like this under the 'info central' tab above. This is under Closings and Refurbishment schedule:

Water Parks

Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for Winter rehab October 28, 2007 through January 5, 2008

Blizzard Beach will be closed for Winter rehab January 6 through March 8, 2008

BB will most likely be open most days in December. If you are fortunate, you might hit a few days in December where it gets into the 70s or even 80s, which might be OK for BB. But in the cooler weather, it can be a bit uncomfortable walking around all wet at the water parks! Hope you get some warm weather so you can enjoy BB....

tennantsrwe
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
We went to WDW in Dec 05 and are going again this Dec...both times Typhoon Lagoon has been closed. I think the waterpark refubs are pretty consistent every year. We never saw much of a crowd at BB so I don't think that should be an issue.

wedway76
11-17-2007, 09:57 AM
We have gone to WDW Thanksgiving week several times, and we always go to one water park. I can't make a useful comment on crowds because that week is exceptional.

Here's one tip I can offer. The day we arrive we check the weather report and pick our water park day. We look for the warmest day, preferably earlier in our stay. As others have said it can be a bit chilly this time of year, but we always come upon a day or two that is warm enough to walk around in a wet swimsuit all day.