PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Question

guatemama
11-04-2007, 07:43 PM
We are wondering if you can take coolers into the parks and if so what size? Also, if we took a larger one to use in the room can you do that as a checked item? Has anyone ever put packs of water in one and checked it?

Thanks, Susan

Marilyn Michetti
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
It would be a checked item, and probably heavy. As for carrying a cooler into the parks, you can't drag anything. It has to be hand held, so yes you can, if it's small enough.:)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-04-2007, 08:55 PM
My sister usually takes a hard sized wheeled cooler as part of her checked luggage. It did get destroyed on the way home a couple of years ago, but the airline paid her for it right then and there.
As for putting water in it, it it pops open or gets opened to be checked, that water is going to go everywhere. If you have a car, go pick it up at one of the local stores. Or if you don't have a car, perhaps you can place an order with Garden Grocer. We used them in Aug and got water, pepsi, juice and milk. They delivered exactly when they said they would.
Another option would be to take the bus to DTD and pick up a case of water at the Hess Station right across the street from DTD.

CleveRocks
11-04-2007, 10:24 PM
WDW doesn't allow hard-sided or rolling coolers inside the parks. You can take a soft-sided cooler that is up to the size of what could (theoretically) fit inside a rental locker in the parks.

stephntampa
11-05-2007, 07:42 AM
I was at MK on Saturday and saw a rather large man sitting on a BIG cooler. I was surprised he was able to enter the park with it... who would want to lug that around all day?

Main Street Jim
11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
The rule(s) is supposed to be: it must be able to be carried by one hand with a handle, and fit inside a locker. No LARGE picnic coolers or wheeled coolers are supposed to be allowed inside the theme parks (water parks are OK). If there was a large cooler in the park, someone at the turnstiles and/or security isn't doing their job.

No glass containers, no alcohol.