PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Not So Scary Halloween Trip Report

WDWfanatic742
11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
For anyone wondering, it was raining off and on all week. Dino would agree with me as well. I couldn't possibly get very many pictures because we never bothered taking the camera and would never have an opportunity to take any pictures anyway.

Picture Set (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561316062ooIKOE)

Day 1 - Check in / Magic Kingdom

To go on this trip, my dad had to work on Monday until noon, so we ended up going to school for a little while until I had to go pick up my brother and get ready to leave. Turns out when we get home my mom is not feeling well and after an interesting conversation she decides to come up a day later and have my dad drive up with me and my brother.

We ended up leaving around 1:30pm and got there around 4:00pm. We checked into our concierge room and got room number 5003 at the Wilderness Lodge. It has one of the best views (http://image58.webshots.com/558/1/9/61/2922109610075973817gdcdmS_fs.jpg) I have ever seen of Bay Lake. It was right outside the boat docks. The only downsides to the room was the fact that they were doing to boat horns way into the night, and that it took forever to walk to our room. Literally on the other side of the hotel from the buses.

Went to Magic Kingdom around 6:00pm for EMH until midnight. Got to do all of the main rides except Space Mountain because they both didn't want to go on it. Thunder Mountain seemed alot smoother coming off of it's rehab. Don't know if it was that or us riding at night for a rare time. I got my first ever perfect score on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - 999,999 (http://image64.webshots.com/564/1/50/63/2900150630075973817FWuzIZ_fs.jpg). Ate at Peco Bill's for dinner and left around 10:00pm. It didn't rain much that night, but it was a sprinkle pretty much off and on all night.

Day 2 - MGM / Mom gets in / MNSSHP

Ended up doing MGM today in the morning because my mom doesn't really do anything here and since she was gone that morning we just did it to do our couple favorites before the Halloween party that night. No Tower of Terror or Rock n' Rollercoaster because both were over an hour long waits and we only had a couple of hours there before we went to meet up with my mom. Did Star Tours, MuppetVision 3D, Backlot Tour, Light's Motor's Action and Great Movie Ride. Was going to see Indy but by the time we got back from Star Tours it was standing room only. Around 1pm we left to go meet up with her back at the hotel. Didn't get there until 2pm because we waited a half hour for a bus back to the Wilderness Lodge. Met up with mom back at the hotel and she still didn't look well, and driving up didn't help, so she slept the night away and the three of us went to MNSSHP that night.

Got to Magic Kingdom around 6 that night and was going to go to Crystal Palace, however my dad is a Diabetic and he needed to get something to eat after taking his insulin shot so instead of waiting at least a half hour before getting food there we just headed over to Cosmic Ray's. He could have probably be fine with Crystal Palace and waiting, but I didn't feel like taking a chance because I have seen how bad he gets when he starts to get those attacks, especially without my mom with us. I think he had a very minor one if anything though the food helped alot and that seemed to be enough for the night.

Did all the major rides, however BTMRR was not open according to the maps that they were handing out. I got to ride Space Mountain the first time by myself because I think my brother was a little scared of it, but after I came out from a walk on line, he decided to come with me for a second ride.

The Haunted Mansion story that I was talking about was probably a had to be there event. When we went in, all the cast members are extra dressed up for the party. I guess I was staring too much at the one who let us in the stretching room, because throughout the entire spiel she was two inches away from me and looking straight at me. Everyone in the room is laughing at me. Then when the lights went out she turned and started facing my dad until they opened the door to get onto the ride. It was all very funny and the cast members were extra spooky that night.

Before the fireworks, I guess my dad was tired because he left the park and me and my brother stayed for the fireworks which were very good and then did a couple more rides before leaving around 11pm that night. By then the park was completely empty because of the downpour of rain all throughout the party and it just happened to let up for the fireworks and then get worse after then. We had to sprint to our bus that was waiting there or then we would have missed it and would have waited another half hour for it to come back.

All in all, a very good day at the parks and three full bags of candy for us to eat. In fact, we still have probably two bags of candy left from the party. The party was crazy crowded including the trick-or-treat lines were out of control, but the rides were pretty empty and I'd definately go again if I got the chance. Tomorrow we got the Food and Wine Festival and La Nouba that night.

Day 3 - Epcot / La Nouba / Downtown Disney

We woke up and left around 9:30am for Epcot. Mom came with us for the first time so that was good. Once again the bus took forever to come and didn't get into Epcot before 10:30am. BTW, can anyone explain what they are doing around the bus stop at Epcot? Almost looked like they were adding extra parking spots, maybe for CM's or something.

Anyway, went straight over to Soarin to get fastpasses and a half hour line and the fastpasses were for a half hour later. Easiest decision I ever made. Went over to Living Seas / Nemo & Friends / Pavilion with the annoying song at the end of the ride. They still haven't fixed it whee you can see the exit from the entrance station, and vice versa. It's better then nothing I guess.

Went back over to Soarin and got the best row. B1!!!! My mom freaked out when she saw that we were going to be the highest and right in the middle. Classic. We then headed over to Test Track where it was down for some unspecified reason. So we got fastpasses and headed over to Mission Space for a little blast off into deep space. Awesome ride as always, and seemed a little more intense then I remember it before. Maybe because it was the first time that I rode with green team running and they maybe up'ed the orange side a little more?

Off to the fun part of the day. We never really do all of World Showcase, but because of the F&WF, we decided to go around and try everything. The only thing that I can remember was the tortillia chip thing at Mexico which was excellent and we had a couple samples of it. There we a couple other good things and one or two interesting ones. Nearly all of the food that we tried was very very spicy.

After doing El Rio del Caballeros and Mealstrom, and a rare showing of us doing American Adventure, we head back to the entrance around 4pm to get ready for Cirque Du Soleil that night. We had an interesting bus driver coming back that was really fun and entertaining. He said, "If your not having fun at your work, then it becomes a job". Lot's of interesting tidbits that he told us, most of which I already knew :D.

Left for DTD around 5pm, and we got so fed up on waiting for a half hour for a bus that we took our own car there and got there in 15 minutes. The show was excellent, although a couple people did not get their trick right, they did it a second time and got it. The little girls got the biggest applause as always. I still haven't figured out how those toys work.

Went to the House of Blues and was a big surprise food and atmosphere wise. Thought it was going to be a crazy little place but it wasn't that bad. Definately want to eat there again and our server was funny and very laid back but into his job. Left around 10pm and went to our hotel to wonder around a little before going to sleep around midnight. Next up is the free day that turned into a very busy day.

Aparently I talk to much. Go to post #6 for the last half of my trip please...

TinkRocks
11-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Can't wait to hear more about your trip, Fan!

Congrats on the perfect score in Space Ranger Spin!

JPL
11-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Great Report So Far :thumbsup:

RenDuran
11-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Nice trip report for day one....looking forward to the rest of the days!

Patricia
11-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a good start.

I can't see your view or perfect score photos.

WDWfanatic742
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Day 4 - Blizzard Beach / Magic Kingdom / Blue Man Group

Up bright and early today, or so I thought. We orginally had reservations for Donald's Breakfastosaurus at 8:30am so we get in Animal Kingdom early and hopefully sneak out of Dinoland and get into Asia for Expedtion Everest. WRONG!! Apparently midnight is too late for most old people and mine didn't want to get up at 7am to get ready. So instead, me and my brother headed over to Blizzard Beach for a little slide action.

Completely full bus off to BB and Animal Kingdom (They share buses at WL), and we are off. Get there around 10:30 because it opened late at 10:00 and closed early at 5:00. That darn cold kills water parks. Straight off to Slush Gusher for a little warm up to Summit Plummit. My brother's first major water slide and aparently he had enough. He didn't want to go on Summit Plummit and I did, so with the 10 person waits that SP had today for some reason, I got my quick little ride and me headed back up the mountain for that long raft ride Teamboat Springs. Always nice and long, although we didn't succeed nearly enough to flip the raft like we almost did over the summer with a couple of friends. Bummer...

Next up was the long hike up to Toboggan Racers which I beat my brother by a mile, and then Snow Stormers where they had the middle slide covered up for some reason. Headed to get a couple of hot dogs for lunch and then on the lazy river to disolve all of that fattening food. Got off at Runoff Rapids and did that a couple of times single and double before heading over to Downhill Double Dipper. I think my time was 5.78 and my brothers was 5.76. I'm blaming the stopwatches for my hundreths of a second loss. By this time it was around 2:00pm and we were tired of hiking up those long lines, so we headed back to the hotel to see what we could do.

It was 3:00pm and we had a couple of hours to burn before going to that rival park Universal for the Blue Man Group. What do you think we would do? Of Course! Magic Kingdom! Parents wanted to stay in again so we went by ourselves over there by boat. We didn't even bother changing clothes because it was raining off and on and we didn't want to dirty another pair of clothes for an hour or two of total park time. We head over to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain which my brother didn't want to go on at the last second as they were doing the seats for the cars so we met back up at the exit and did Buzz and TTA before heading over to Fantasyland for PhilharMagic. I've always loved this show and it's the best one at WDW. After the theater, we went to Haunted Mansion for a quick ride and then a last ride on Pirates before heading out at 5:30pm.

Got dressed and left for Universal at about 6:30pm for our 8:00pm show time. And it was worth leaving early for. Aparently Universal isn't quite as good of labeling where everything is at. Every sign says either parking for one of the hotels. We said forget it and did valet which was actually the closest spot to the building. Got in around 7:30pm in our front row (poncho seats :eek:) and had some fun with the people in the first two rows.

(Another quick story) They were selling these jello shots to people in the audience but the funny thing was that they were blue and were in big needles were you would have to push down on the tab thing to get any. Thing was that they were half frozen and you had to warm them up somehow by rubbing your hands with it or whatever. Now I wouldn't know because I'm not allowed to have any yet (;)); but I was told that they didn't have much alcohol in them for what everyone in our couple of rows were trying to warm them up with. Probably a had to be there moment, but still funny to this day.

I won't spoil the show for anyone who is going soon, but there was one particularly disgusting moment where we got sprayed with old whipped cream that just stunk the entire rest of the show and we could smell it until we all took showers back at the hotel. Very fun show and even though it has a couple of things borrowed from the Las Vegas and the How to be a Rockstar v2 Traveling show, it still was mostly fresh stuff and I'd definately do it again. Our last day at the parks are tomorrow before heading home :(.

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom / Epcot

We wake up and decide to head out to Animal Kingdom since that was the one park that we hadn't done yet. Head out and after the bus ride head out over to Everest. 30 minute wait and about a 30 minute wait between then and when Fastpass would be our time... Fastpass duh. Head out over to Dinosaur and after catching our dino a few times. Primeval Whirl and spinning a million times, then over to Everest for our ride to the Yeti's playground. Both my dad's and brother's first time on it and they both liked it. Although my dad said that he was going to kill me for making him go on while we were on the lift hill. You can really see everything in Walt Disney World from the top of the mountain. Then my brother and I headed to Kali for a walk on ride where we both went backwards on the drop and got drenched and never dried off all day. Then over to Flights of Wonder for a little bird watching and then over to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

While we were waiting in line, my brother was smart enough to sit on the rails and I guess he lost his balance and fell down backwards hitting his head on some rocks in the queue. Guess it wasn't as funny as I thought it was seeing him fly backward like that, but he got up and was fine. Got in our ride in maybe 45 minutes and then headed out of the park.

Headed out of the park around 2pm and everybody was tired so we went back to the resort. My brother and I had a few credits left from the arcade so we were there for an hour and then just walked around the resort for awhile. Went back to the room and dad and brother didn't want to do anything the rest of the night. Mom wanted to go to Epcot and I wanted to do something instead of just staying in the resort for the rest of the night.

Left around 5:30pm and got there around 6:00pm. Soarin was a 50 minute wait so we decided to wait until later since it was an EMH night and headed over to Imagination for a rare ride on the purple dragon ride. Then over to Test Track for a couple of rides before doing a rare ride on Ellen's Energy Adventure with about 5 other people in the entire 6 sections, front left :thumbsup:. Something to eat, then Soarin and we were pretty much done on what we wanted to do and left around 11pm after just walking around for awhile. Final day which is the check out coming up :(.

Day 6 - Check Out

Woke up around 9am or so for 10am checkout and we were off. I got to drive about an hour and a half or two hours back down to get some experience in case I ever want to drive up by myself or with friends somedays.

Overall Experience

First part of the trip didn't bode well as my mom wasn't feeling well then and I thought it was going to end there. There were a couple of down times in the middle of the trip, but overall it was very fun. After almost two years of not us all going up at the same time, it was very fun to get them to do a couple new things.

Wilderness Lodge is awesome and I would definately stay there again anytime. The only bad experience that I had were the buses that would either be leaving as soon as we get there or waiting a half hour to get a bus to wherever we were going. Who knows when my next trip will be, maybe some weekend that everyone is down here again maybe.

OhGee
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I have been on Space Mountain with the lights on. I think it is much scarier! lol

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Me too, but it's better that way so I can at least see the track! :)

Cool report Fan, can't wait to hear more! :mickey:

chrisb26
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I can agree with you about the rain Fan although I might have to blame you for that because it seems to have started to rain alot more once you got there then before :blush: However I think you could have done better with your pictures I got over 1000 and I delt with the rain some how :D

WDWfanatic742
11-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Half the time I didn't even bother taking my camera around because it was raining when we were leaving.

Tink's Mom
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Sounds like a fun couple of days. Sorry about your mom not feeling well.

JPL
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Got to do all of the main rides except Space Mountain because they both didn't want to go on it.

No Tower of Terror or Rock n' Rollercoaster because both were over an hour long waits and we only had a couple of hours there before we went to meet up with my mom.

Half the time I didn't even bother taking my camera around because it was raining when we were leaving.

Excuses Excuses ;)

He left out the Parade Excuse :razz:

WED1901
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Great Report Fan! Congrats on Buzz!! I love the HM story...CM at their best! :thumbsup:

WDWizard
11-05-2007, 07:10 PM
So fan, you didn't go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal like all the cool people? ;)

During the weeks HHN was going on in October, it seemed as if everyone was going up to the Orlando area for it.

Universal must really get some big bucks out of that event, I hope Disney does a scarier Halloween event soon to compete...the Not So Scary Halloween party does not seem like it is as fun (I have never had interest in going since the name hints at an event targeted towards younger kids).

Looking forward to seeing your report on Blue Man Group!
:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
HHN is one of the biggest things to do down here for Halloween. Alot of people go up for the weekend to visit. They have to make some big money on the event. It was almost 11pm before we got out of Blue Man Group and we did Blizzard Beach earlier in the day. Too tired.

WDWfanatic742
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Updated with 3rd day :thumbsup:

JPL
11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow an entire day without one excuse :jaw: ;)

chrisb26
11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Hmm Fan I would have to agree with Fige with those excuses. How in the world could you miss space mtn??? Just because they didn't want to you still could have. Especially if it was during the party when there might have been a walk on although you might have had a line the night you went. Then with no Rock n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. That is an even worse excuse long lines hmm I believe Disney has something called a Fast Pass you know you use it and you come back at a certain time and bam no lines. There is also this on Rock n' rollercoster they have added a new feature to the line called singer rider which also gets the lines to go way down. So you might want some better excuses next time ;) Because I think we know the real excuse is that you where just afraid isn't that right :D

WDWfanatic742
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Space Mountain - I didn't feel like arguing with them and later on in the trip I did go on a couple times by myself.

TOT and RNRC - Fastpasses were for 5 and 6 that night around noon and we weren't going to be in the park that long. I think that I will have to buy photo's of me on the two of them if they have them in order to prove that I did go on them this weekend.

chrisb26
11-05-2007, 10:54 PM
you still didn't answer my quest about the single rider and as far as the pictures go I wont believe it till I see it :D

Hmm and maybe my memory is failing me but you went to MGM on tuesday right? well I was there most of the day and I remember getting a fast pass at like 3:30 or 4:00 for rock n rollercoaster and I believe I only waited about 30 min for my pass to return while I waited I went on Tower of Terror which was like a 20 min wait.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow, I guess a lot of people like Space Mountain? My dad and I never go because we'd get :ack: but Mouse and my mom always go.. I guess I'm more of a Splash Mountain type of person :P

WDWfanatic742
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok, I lied about going near TOT and RNRC. Guess I'm not 100% truthful all the time :D

But to be honest, I didn't want to go on alone for my first time on either of them. I'd rather wait a week and do my first time with my friends with me.

WDWfanatic742
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I got Day 4 up in Post #6 because it looks like I talk to much. Funny Jello Shot story in there. Found a couple of shots of the Epcot 25th Anniversary in Innoventions from my Cell Phone. Will take more over the weekend.

American Adventure (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2969083300075973817dzFJen)
Blurry Canada (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2134783070075973817QRkZeU)
United States (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2922266040075973817vvKnGN)

WDWfanatic742
11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Last two days are up including my conclusion in post #6 :thumbsup:

Patricia
11-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a fun time.

I can't believe your Dad and brother didn't want to go for the evening.. We get out the door by 8 am and never get back to our rooms at night till every park is closed.

I saw Blue man group some years ago.. front row and I got sprayed with squashed bananas. I'd go again.

WED1901
11-09-2007, 05:41 PM
We get out the door by 8 am and never get back to our rooms at night till every park is closed.

I like how you vacation!:thumbsup:

chrisb26
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Well I think Jp and I have waited long enough as some of you know Fan was at WDW again this weekend and said he would ride tower and rock n rollercoaster. Well he is back. So Fan its time to show us those pictures! Oh and before you go making one of your excuses you should know Jp and I had a good time the other night thinking off all the possible excuses you could use so if we hear any of them we will know you lied :D

JPL
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
We get out the door by 8 am and never get back to our rooms at night till every park is closed.

Yeah I don't understand all this resting people do at WDW:confused::confused:

Chescat
11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah I don't understand all this resting people do at WDW:confused::confused:
:fresh::goof:

WDWfanatic742
11-14-2007, 09:34 AM
We didn't end up going there because of the Soap weekend and that besides RNRC and TOT are the only two rides we would have been doing over and over again anyway.

Yes, I'm ready for the responses to my "excuse".

JPL
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM

:chicken:

chrisb26
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
We didn't end up going there because of the Soap weekend and that besides RNRC and TOT are the only two rides we would have been doing over and over again anyway.

Wow Jp we are good I must say I believe this was what we said he would say. We don't even have to wait for his excuse next time cause we can make it up a head of time ;)

JPL
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah some originality would be nice with these excuses ;)

Here's an example for you

We were on our way to MGM to ride and out bus got a flat we waited an hour for a new bus to come. After sitting on the bus for that long my friend wasn't feeling well so we just headed back to the resort for a while and I fell asleep after I grabbed something to eat. My friend felt better later and we went to the MK.