PDA

View Full Version : The Yak & Yeti Still-Not-Ready Discussion Thread

mudpuppysmom
10-30-2007, 03:58 PM
I called this morning finally to make some ADR's for our January trip. I did get all that I wanted at the times I wanted, except no Yak & Yeti the CM told me.

The CM was really nice when I probed for a bit more info and said they don't even know until 2-3 days out before they start taking ADR's and nothing in sight for this one yet!

I asked about the menu too -- once again, she had no info

This was as of this morning 10-30-07

DisneyTwirler13!
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
You can bet that the ADR's for Yak & Yeti will be filled up for a long time once they become available!

Jared
10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Wasn't this restaurant originally supposed to open in November? Animal Kingdom desperately needs another dining option for both counter and table service. I thought Yak & Yeti was the answer, but it's taking so long. What's the holdup?

BMan62
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Wasn't this restaurant originally supposed to open in November? Animal Kingdom desperately needs another dining option for both counter and table service. I thought Yak & Yeti was the answer, but it's taking so long. What's the holdup?

It's not November yet!! :thedolls:

It's actually scheduled to open November 14th, but we'll have to see if the date holds.

Belle_0717
10-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Why do I seem to remember seeing something that Yak and Yeti would be counter service only?

Goofy Dad 13
10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
They are still promoting the November opening. I noticed it in the AP section of the disney website as they are promoting that AP holders get 10% of at the TS portion, and 15% off at the Gift Shop.

SurferStitch
11-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Yeah, for the heck of it I tried yesterday afternoon. The CM I spoke with said to try back in a couple weeks. He didn't say he had no idea when it would open, but recommended the two week time frame might be adequate.

Whether or not he actually knew anything about a potential opening date, he sure made me feel a little more confident about possibly getting an ADR for our December trip! :D

mickeymousedabomb
11-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I thought also that it was a counter service like Belle_o717 said. You all seem to talk of it as a TS:eat:. Is that the case? It's a TS?:confused::huh:

LibertyTreeGal
11-01-2007, 08:06 AM
CS for lunch, TS for dinner, is what I understand :mickey:

sillyolbear
11-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I thought also that it was a counter service like Belle_o717 said. You all seem to talk of it as a TS:eat:. Is that the case? It's a TS?:confused::huh:

It is both as it will have a TS area and also an area for CS.

Figment!
11-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Why do I seem to remember seeing something that Yak and Yeti would be counter service only?
Info can be found in the News forum (along with anything else that is newly announced):

Landry’s Yak & Yeti Dining Complex to Open at Animal Kingdom in 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=90017)

ISLE39
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
I was just there last week and it seemed as though they still had a lot of work to do i still saw the nov 14th date of opening but to me it seemed that wasnt going to be happeneing

merlinmagic4
11-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I was just reading that the new AK restaurant is set to open on 11/14. Do they ever open early? We'll be there on 11/11.

How do they usually open a new restaurant? Do they do a "soft" opening and take walk-ins? This is all very new to me. I haven't really been following this but now I am interested:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
11-03-2007, 06:51 AM
No idea here, but someone was saying in the past couple of days that they went by and it looked like there was still a ton of work to do. With restaurants, they have to get permitted once everything is done so I bet it would be hard to open early :( Sorry.

On a side note, I am bummed that we will be at WDW at different times in November. Would have been nice for our "special little guys" to get to know each other :mickey:

merlinmagic4
11-03-2007, 07:50 AM
No idea here, but someone was saying in the past couple of days that they went by and it looked like there was still a ton of work to do. With restaurants, they have to get permitted once everything is done so I bet it would be hard to open early :( Sorry.

On a side note, I am bummed that we will be at WDW at different times in November. Would have been nice for our "special little guys" to get to know each other :mickey:

You know, I just realized from some pictures I saw that it was the big wall next to the KRR fastpass machine! Oh well, maybe next trip.

That would have been fun to meet! Maybe we'll both get to go to the next Intercot meet. I hope you have a great trip!!

TheRustyScupper
11-03-2007, 11:58 AM
1) There is always A CHANCE it will open by 11/11.
2) But, in the realm of chance, I think odds are better for
. . . world peace
. . . crude oil below $40/barrell

merlinmagic4
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
1) There is always A CHANCE it will open by 11/11.
2) But, in the realm of chance, I think odds are better for
. . . world peace
. . . crude oil below $40/barrell

Thanks, Rusty! I'd take either of those and wait another year for Yak and Yeti :)

playdead88
11-04-2007, 07:55 AM
when is the yak and yeti menu supposed to come out? i would love to see it :eat:

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Let's try to keep all our discussion about the eagerly awaited Yak & Yeti restaurants in this thread! :wait:

Jaycee's Mom
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I just called to see if they were taking ADR's for Yak & Yeti yet and they were not, but the lady told me that it would probably not be on the dining plan since the same people that own Rain Forest Cafe own Yak & Yeti and Rain Forest Cafe is not on the dining plan. I guess we'll see. Just thought I would share what I was told.

tennantsrwe
11-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm sorry to hear the possibility of Yak & Yetti not being a DP resturant. AK really needs another TS location and we hoped this would be it. We usually go to a resort for dinner the day we do AK. But it would be nice to have the option to stay in the park and use our DP.

JPL
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
They are still negotiating rates for the 2008 plan and I'm sure part of the deal with Landry's was to have the in park restaurants on the DDP. Rainforest Cafe is outside the parks so I don't think Disney really cares.

TheRustyScupper
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
. . . the lady told me that it would probably not be on the dining plan since the same people that own Rain Forest Cafe own Yak & Yeti and Rain Forest Cafe is not on the dining plan . . .

1) I have been saying this for months.
2) It is too illogical for it to be on DDP.
3) Landry's wants their profits.
4) DDP does not reimburse enough for that.
5) This is also why Tusker House has been changed to a buffet.
6) Gives an on-site DDP place to sit and eat.

NOTE: There has been some talk about making a change in the reimbursement for Landry's (RFC, Yak, T-Rex). However, the problem is that if they do, then the other non-Disney restaurants would want their reimbursements to increase. Kind of a spiral for Disney. Who knows, things might still change. I guess we need to ask Lamont Cranston how it will turn out.

Jared
11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
They are still negotiating rates for the 2008 plan and I'm sure part of the deal with Landry's was to have the in park restaurants on the DDP. Rainforest Cafe is outside the parks so I don't think Disney really cares.
I'm glad Landry's is fighting the Disney Dining Plan. If more theme park restaurants refuse inclusion, the plan will have to either change or disappear.

Is Yak & Yeti open yet? :shakehead:

WDWdriver
11-07-2007, 10:42 AM
The Yak & Yeti will open as scheduled on Wednesday, November 14th. There will be no soft opening. However, on Monday and Tuesday of that week Cast Members working in Asia will be eating a free lunch there to give the restaurant staff some experience and work out any possible problems.

In the meantime, the Y & Y servers and kitchen staff have been sharing our Kali River Rapids break room with us. They have been bringing in Chinese restaurant style takeout cartons with yummy egg rolls and oriental noodle dishes. I think the menu will be a hit, and much needed at AK.

mouseketeer mom
11-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I just tried to get an ADR the week of the 15th-24th, I was open a couple of nights during that time, and no ADR's to be taken yet!
AAAH!

LoriMistress
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
CM at Disney Dining are now telling guests they are not taking ADRs until January 2008.

SurferStitch
11-08-2007, 06:52 AM
CM at Disney Dining are now telling guests they are not taking ADRs until January 2008.

I wasn't told that yesterday.

The CM I spoke with said that they were told it would open in November, and that I should try back again soon for a December ADR.

:shrug:

Figment!
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Full details are now available in:

Landry’s Yak & Yeti Dining Complex: Updated with Menu, Reservation info and Details (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=90017)

amorillo
11-09-2007, 08:02 AM
:joy: Can't wait to check out this restaurant on my next trip! sounds :tasty:

For those of to traveling in the next few weeks... Be sure to post some reviews & let us all know what you think of the menu! :thanks: