PDA

View Full Version : Best rooms for early check in, late check in, or no difference??

mouseketeer mom
11-04-2007, 08:27 AM
We are staying one night POR next week before our move to CR the next day. We are arriving on a later flight, getting to our resort about 8:30pm or so, if all goes well.
We took the room at POR because there was nothing at CR for our first nite. Now it shows avail. at CR. Should I just take that room at CR to avoid a move the next day? Or does a late check in mean a stinkier room, all the good ones might be taken already? Or should we just keep our one nite at POR and move the next day? Cost aside, which would get us the better room at CR?

Strmchsr
11-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, room assignments are made 3-4 days before you check in, so late or early really doesn't make a difference. Where it does make a difference is that if you get a room you really don't like, you can always go back to the front desk and ask for a different assignment if something is available. You're much more likely to get that early than late.

#1donaldfan
11-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I'd say go straight to CR...why have to move everything the next day?? :confused:

TammiMcMan
11-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Not all resorts pre-assign rooms, they just pull from available inventory when you check in. Even those that do pre-assign can be changed if a guest would like something different. In either situation, there is likely to be less available inventory when you arrive. If it were me, I'd go right to the CR. Worst case, you may get a less than desirable room or location, but you can always request a move the following day and you'd be first in line to pick from available inventory. If you do have to move, it's a much shorter move than coming from another resort. The flip side, maybe your arriving late will result in no rooms left in your booked category and instead, you get a nice upgrade :D.