PDA

View Full Version : April or May??

pluto 77
11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Please help! We are trying to decide between April or May? Which month is better and why?

We are using our DVC points and it takes less to go in May as opposed to April. We are trying to figure out why that may be, and if its worth the extra points. I can't seem to figure out any major differences between the two months.

Tick-Tock
11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Still lots of spring breaks in April. Plus Easter usually falls in April (though I think it's earlier, like late March, next year).

May is a little warmer than April.

Personally, I'd go in May to use fewer points. We've enjoyed early May a few times.

Seasonscraps
11-04-2007, 01:35 PM
A lot of schools have spring break in April so you need more points for visits then.

I prefer May. The weather is perfect! The flower festival is open at Epcot. The parks are not too crowded.

pluto 77
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks! I was hoping the weather would be nice. I looks like we will be going in the beginning of May :mickey:

DDuck66
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
We always go the first or second week in May. I think it was one of the nicer times. Usually the weather is not to hot and really sunny. The kids are not out for summer vacation so the week days are relatively empty and it only gets really crowded on the weekends. I cant wait, we have ressies for the Poly May 10 to the
16th!!!

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 09:56 AM
We prefer May as well. Schools have Spring break so there are bigger crowds in April. Also, the plus of going in May, using less DVC points, you can save points to use for another trip!! That's what we do.

Damon18
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
The first week in May is an excellent time to go. The spring breaks are pretty much done with and the weather is great. It can get hot but it is not so humid so it isn't bad at all. The last 3 trips I have taken were the last week of April or first of May and all were great.

Tink#64
11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
We've only gone in May & we think it's perfect! But we're in Louisville, Ky so we wouldn't be anywhere the first week of May except home for the Derby! We usually go the 2nd or 3rd week and we've had great weather & not too bad on the crowds either!:thumbsup:

We're planning an October '08 trip & have heard not so many positive comments on the weather, crowds & such. I hope we're not disappointed - compared to our May experiences!:confused: