PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise...... Last ADR?

AbeeNormal
11-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Hey there,

Looking for idea's of where to take the family for lunch after I surprise DH with Petty Racing experience for his Birthday.

They say he will be done racing at 11am so I figured a fun lunch for him to have a good sit down and tell us all about his racing experience.

We are only at WDW for 3 days before the 2nd part of our vacation starts and 1/2 of the 1st day is traveling so I want to make the best of every minute.This is our 1st trip to WDW. (Without exhausting everyone of course.)

My ADR's so far are:

1st day
We arrive at Airport at 4:30pm
Dinner at CRT :princess:

2nd day
7:30am Race in Morning:secret:
Lunch advice:confused:
Ohana's for dinner :tikki:

3rd day
Chef Mickey's Breakfast:mickey:
Garden Grill for Dinner:mickey3:

4th day
Whispering Canyon for Breakfast:fresh:
At some point off to the ship

We are not on any dining program.

I would be greatful for any advice you can give, thanks so much ;)

P.S. Staying at the Polynesian Resort

Disney5Mom
11-04-2007, 07:16 AM
The Kona Cafe at the Poly is very good and right at your resort!

LibertyTreeGal
11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Since you are already in the area, lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern at MK is the best on property, IMHO

HndrdPrcnt
11-04-2007, 09:58 AM
A great place for lunch, that does not require ADRs, is at Downtown Disney - Earl of Sandwich. This place is my daughter's favorite and I have to say that I love it as well. Go for the Cannonball sandwich or my daughter's vote would be the pizza sandwich off the kids' menu.

If you really want to do a reservation, Concourse Grill is an excellent choice as well in the Contemporary.

azdisneymom
11-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I would go with Earl of Sandwich too. Food is great! Atmosphere is relaxed, one place you can stay as long as you want and not feel like people are watching to grab your table when you leave. Did I mention with food was good? Oh yes, very reasonably priced. Not a heavy meal - which is good if you are going to Ohana's for dinner.

wendy*darling
11-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I would suggest first deciding where you want to spend the afternoon. Are you headed for a park? Is he meeting you in a park after he is done, or will you all be there with him?
You'll be back at your resort for a big dinner at 'Ohana- so I would suggest a lighter lunch in the park you plan to be in.
I also suggest that a counter service meal would be fine. Many of the CS places have comfortable seating areas where you can sit and relax and hear about his excellent adventure! No ADR needed. :thumbsup:

My favorite CS places:
Magic Kingdom- Columbia Harbor House Grab a table upstairs for a quiet spot to eat and talk (stay downstairs if you have a stroller to deal with- I don't believe there is an elevator)
Pecos Bill's is a close second- with lots of smaller rooms to sit in to eat.

Epcot- Tangierine Cafe in Morocco is our fav. If you need burgers and hot dogs- America will do. In Future World's Land Pavilion- Sunshine Seasons (lower level) has a huge variety of food and lots of seating. It is pretty hectic though- as lots of people hang out here while waiting for their Soarin' Fast Pass time to arrive.

MGM (Hollywood) Studios- ABC Commissary has lots of seating and good food. We also like Backlot Express. They have limited indoor seating, but if the weather is nice, they have a lot of great and covered) outdoor seating.

Animal Kingdom- In January, I would suggest Pizzafari. Lots of seating in colorfully painted rooms. If it is warm, go to Flame Tree BBQ and sit down near the water in covered (but open air) pavilions.

Downtown Disney- Earl of Sandwich in the Marketplace.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey there,

Looking for idea's of where to take the family for lunch after I surprise DH with Petty Racing experience for his Birthday.

They say he will be done racing at 11am so I figured a fun lunch for him to have a good sit down and tell us all about his racing experience.

We are only at WDW for 3 days before the 2nd part of our vacation starts and 1/2 of the 1st day is traveling so I want to make the best of every minute.This is our 1st trip to WDW. (Without exhausting everyone of course.)

My ADR's so far are:

1st day
We arrive at Airport at 4:30pm
Dinner at CRT :princess:

2nd day
7:30am Race in Morning:secret:
Lunch advice:confused:
Ohana's for dinner :tikki:

3rd day
Chef Mickey's Breakfast:mickey:
Garden Grill for Dinner:mickey3:

4th day
Whispering Canyon for Breakfast:fresh:
At some point off to the ship

We are not on any dining program.

I would be greatful for any advice you can give, thanks so much ;)

P.S. Staying at the Polynesian Resort For counter service, any of the below suggestions would be fine and I also like Cantina San Angel at Epcot...my suggestion, would be to go to information central and look through the menus.

tennantsrwe
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Your DH will love the RPDE! My DH recieved it as a Father's Day gift this year and had a blast! It's a once in a lifetime type experience, it will be so much fun for the both of you. If you aren't doing the parks in the afternoon I say go to DTD as well. There are plenty of places to eat there. Also, Planet Hollywood is there, too.

AbeeNormal
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Thank you all so much...... I cannot tell you how hard it is to surprise this man and I think that's the best part for me. And watching him drive well over 110 miles an hour ... what a thrill. :thumbsup:

I would love to got to Earl of Sandwich but I heard it's hard to get a table. :tasty:

I was considering an ADR because there would be no chance of dealing with lines, trying to find a table, or being turned away. :eat:

Any suggestions for MGM? that might be the park we decide to go to after the NASCAR thing.The only restuarant that I think might not work is Sci-Fi due to not facing each other, it would make conversation difficult at best.:look:

Cinderelley
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Starring Rolls is a great CS at MGM. The tables are round with umbrellas above them to block the sun. The noise level is low too, so you won't have any trouble carrying on a conversation.