PDA

View Full Version : Best spot to view parades?

luvourtwo
11-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Can the experienced WDW goers provide me with the absolute best spots to view the parades at MK, MGM, and AK? We will be attending MVMCP, is the parade route the same? We have three year old twins as a factor. Thanks in advance!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
To catch SpectroMagic, right outside Splash Mountain is perfect. We were there in May and it was awesome. Plus right when its done, run fast and go on Splash! Get there a little early, but most people crowd around Main Street...but the same floats obviously go right by Splash Mountain too :mickey:

Hope that helps!

Chris :hatter:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-04-2007, 01:22 PM
For DDCT, I would say the very end of Main Street by the Emporium, where the parade ends. The road will set you up for a great view as they come around the corner by the Train Station. This area is the one closest to City Hall.

For Spectro, the parade is reversed so I recommend watching from Liberty Square where the parade will turn do go down Frontierland - the side with the Riverboat and across from the Liberty Bell. There is a walkway where I stand so that people can cross prior to the parade. Also, if there are two parades, this area here is usually abandoned for the second parade...or at least, my experience has always been.

For DSMC, I really like over by the Sorcerer's Hat, again because you get a good view as the cars are coming around the corner. I usually stand on the side of the street that houses the Brown Derby.

I actually have only see MJJP like...twice...so I cannot give you any advice. However, It hink the parade goes in a circle and it starts by the Safari ride (and I think it ends there too) I've watched it from here and thought it was a pretty good place.

brdavis
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
We've tended to watch the parades at MK and AK from the rear of the park, for a couple of reasons. First, it avoids the crowds who decide to watch the parade and then leave, and want to be "by the exit" at the end of the parade (them and a couple thousand of their close personal friends). For AK we try to watch from near Africa, as you can see the parade twice - once as it leaves, and then once as it comes back, so if people want to sit around and "see it again", they can. For MK, sitting somewhere along the river-side near Splash Mt has a number of advantages: lower crowds (I think), and the boardwalks which allow you to move around the crowd if you need/want along the river (the downside - the parade cuts you of from the rest of the park, including the close bathrooms... but again, this may limit the crowds). And, as others have said, instant access to Splash and Big Thunder Mt. During one parade (that my son & I didn't want to see) Big Thunder Mt was so dead, the CM's just let us sit on the ride and ride around & around... :)

--
Brian Davis

heidi614
11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I have found the best spot is in Liberty Square, in front of the Liberty Bell facing the river. We take a beach towel or put the stroller right on the line and don't move. Get your seats at least 1 hour before, then one of us goes and gets a snack or ice cream. The pre- parade workers also go around and entertain the crowd.