PDA

View Full Version : Nemo Wait Times Update

Belle619
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

We'll be at DLR in just over one month and I was wondering if the wait times for the new Nemo ride have gotten any better than what they were in the previous months?

We're going on a Tues./Wed., so I'm hoping that helps out with the crowds as well.

Thanks!

I'm too excited to sleep!!! :mpumpkin:

NotaGeek
09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
From reports I have read wait times during the week are about 45 minutes on the sign, with the actual wait being around 25 minutes. Good luck!

SignguyTom
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
We will be there this weekend, and another weekend in Nov. Any word on the wait time trends on the weekends?

NotaGeek
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
We will be there this weekend, and another weekend in Nov. Any word on the wait time trends on the weekends?
Weekends are always busy at DLR. I would put my money on the normal 2-3 hour wait.

Chescat
09-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Actually I was shocked. Took my mom on Saturday for her birthday. About noon time the line was about halfway around the lagoon (not to the old autopia area yet). So I think that's a little over an hour.

The park was pretty empty for a saturday. We got on Indy in 15 mins. I think with mansion down and people possibly waiting for Halloween, plus kids back to school. There seem to be less people. I went on Thursday last week and the park was pretty empty and the nemo line was half the line at the bottom area that it normally was. :)

BrerGnat
09-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Last I was there was a couple Sundays ago, and it was about a 90 minute wait around 4pm.

During the week, I'd expect it to not go much over an hour or so.

I'm going the third week of October for 3 nights on property, so we will find out just how long the wait is. I think my 3 year old would like it, and my DH has not been on yet, but we don't do lines that are over about 30 minutes, so we'll just have to see.

disneydrmr
09-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm going the third week of October for 3 nights on property, so we will find out just how long the wait is. I think my 3 year old would like it, and my DH has not been on yet, but we don't do lines that are over about 30 minutes, so we'll just have to see.

Please let me know how the times are when you go.. I'm going Nov 1 thru the 4th. I'm thinking we might wanna head straight to Nemo upon arrival on the 1st... since it's a Thursday I would expect the crowds to be less with children in school - am I correct in this thinking? We do Disneyland again on the Saturday where crowds would be up.. so that's why I'm thinking to hit it first thing on arrival...

Belle619
09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to put on my running shoes and head straight over when it opens! :walk:

2Epcot
09-24-2007, 01:19 AM
We were at Disneyland on Friday evening a week and a half ago (Sept. 14) we got there around 7pm and the wait for Nemo was about an hour... That is much better then at the beginning.

BrerGnat
11-03-2007, 11:16 PM
For those of you planning to come soon, I have some info regarding Nemo Wait times. I visited several times in October, including a 3 night stay the third week. I was also there yesterday for a full day.

Nemo wait times are still averaging about 60 minutes.

The longest wait I have seen (on a weekday) was 90 minutes. The shortest wait time I saw was on a SUNDAY afternoon (go figure) around 4pm and it was about 20 minutes.

Early entry is only going to help you if you are in the FRONT of the rope on Main Street and you practically run. People run. No one controls them. Basically, within 5 minutes of Early Entry, there was already a 45 minute line. We were about 10 feet behind the rope, but we weren't trying for Nemo (our kids would NOT cope well on it), but we paid attention because, well, you couldn't NOT focus on the mad dash to Nemo.

On a regular opening day, the same applies.

The best time to ride Nemo appears to STILL be right before the fireworks, right before park closing, and around the time of the afternoon parade.

The 3 hour lines are long gone, but I anticipate they may return as we get closer to Christmas.

As a general piece of advice for you all: The ride itself is worth AT MOST a 60 minute wait.

disneydrmr
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I just returned from DL last night and here is my Nemo time update... we arrived Thurs Nov. 1 at about 11:30 and went straight to Nemo. Our wait was only about 35 - 40 minutes. Saturday the 3rd each time we went by the time board it was posted as a 90 minute wait... until late in the evening then it dropped down to about a 45 minute wait. After riding it I would agree with BrerGnat... it's worth at most a 60 minute wait....

Belle619
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, we just returned from our trip last week and the wait time wasn't as bad as I had feared! My new husband does NOT like to wait for anything, he gets really antsy, so I was so glad that the line moved rather quickly.

We went on Tuesday for early entry and we were about six people back when they opened the main gates. We didn't stop to take pics on Main St., we just headed right to the rope and waited. We didn't run (they were shouting for people to not run) but I'll be honest, I walked as fast as my little legs could go! I gave my husband a look that said "keep up with me or meet up with me later!" Winded, we got in line and only had to wait about 20 minutes!

It was totally worth it though! Great ride!!!:dory:

MegaDisney
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
FNSV is a fantastic update to the subs! I loved it. I got lucky and never had to wait more than about 10 min. (AP Previews)

My biggest comment about this thread is:

Hasn't FastPass spoiled us all! I mean a 60 min wait before FastPass was nothing, 2 hours for some of the E-Tickets was the norm.

I will disagree with the other posters about it only being worth a 60 min wait. If you have never gone on it, I think that it is worth the posted wait time. After you have experienced it at least once, then I say it is worth at least 65 min :blush:

Honestly each guest will have to judge how long is "worth it" My rule is to never let a post on a message board decide what is or isn't worth my time, you can only judge after you have seen/done it yourself. I am sure big Nemo fans would wait longer...:nemo::nemo:

I look at it this way, I have been waiting since 1999 so what is a couple more hours...

tinkwest
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Yesterday we got in line at 11:00am and although I forgot to check my watch when we boarded I did check when we got off the ride. Standing in line and enjoying the attraction took an hour. I will admit that lines don't bother me. I'm prepared to wait. This wait went by very quickly, IMO.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Are there any early entry days on December 22,23 and 24? Those are the days I am there and I am expecting an extremely, extremely long line and combined with early entry..:(

ChipDale
11-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Are there any early entry days on December 22,23 and 24? Those are the days I am there and I am expecting an extremely, extremely long line and combined with early entry..:(

Early Entry Days are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so yes, you will have Early Entry on the 22nd and the 24th. :thumbsup:

If you choose to do Nemo first thing at Early Entry, be aware that they walk you all the way past the Matterhorn and there are Cast Members all along the route to prevent people from running ahead. We did Nemo on our recent trip and we used our entire Early Entry hour just for the one ride. Plan to be at the gate by 6:45am so you're close to the front.

The great thing about Nemo though, is all the Fantasyland rides are a walk-on during Early Entry because everyone else is waiting for Nemo! :D

BrerGnat
11-15-2007, 12:14 PM
The great thing about Nemo though, is all the Fantasyland rides are a walk-on during Early Entry because everyone else is waiting for Nemo! :D

SO TRUE! We totally took advantage of that on our little vacation. Our kids are 1 and 3 and neither likes dark enclosed spaces, so we didn't even try for the subs, but we KILLED all the rides in Fantasyland with no waits. Our longest wait was Dumbo, and it was only about 5 minutes. :D Can't beat that!

I will caution, though, when we were there those three mornings at opening in October, the CM's did NOT force people to walk to Nemo. They tried to remind people to walk, but to no avail. They were stationed along the route pointing and shouting "Nemo line is on THIS side of the Matterhorn", to direct people to go the right way, but people were all out running...

dra_rosie_k
11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was down at opening. The CM at the GC recommended taking the monorail in from DD for early entry. If you make the first monorail of the day this might be a good option as you are dropped off at the ride entrance. If you do not think you will make the first train, then use the main entrance and hustle over.

One thing to note -- don't head to the front of the Nemo attraction. The line (and ropes) actually starts near the Matterhorn and you are better off heading that way (to the right of the mountain from Main Street).

To see it once was almost worth the 60 minutes, but I would not wait more than 15 to do it again.