PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Buttons?

mulderxcoltrane
11-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Can we pick up a birthday button at our resort the night before our son's birthday so we don't have to waste time in the morning getting one at the theme park?

Eeyore's My Favorite
11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Did you have the CRO make note on your hotel ressies that it was his b'day? We were able to pick up anniversary buttons @ POP in September because we'd had them note it on the reservation & they had them with our package at check in. Otherwise you can get them in any of the parks.:mickey:

Piglet822
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Ask at the front desk. If they don't have them check at the bellstand. I know at POFQ and POR they have all kinds of buttons in the bellstand and/or luggage room.

illini
11-04-2007, 12:22 AM
You should be able to get it at the hotel. Or if you're in the parks any day before his birthday, just grab it then. Stopping by Town Hall to get a pin during prime morning touring time is not high on the agenda!

ToDisney
11-04-2007, 02:07 AM
We've been on my kid birthday's and mine. We have never been offered a pin at the Resort (not that I knew to ask)
I did however ask my AAA agent to mention my DD 16th bday when making ressie for AKL Dec. She told me that she was told the Resort wouldn't do anything but we could "get her a b-day pin at each park"
At least at FWCabins they left autograghed pictures and balloons for BOTH of my kids!!

Is it a new thing to have pins at the Resort?

azdisneymom
11-04-2007, 10:02 AM
We picked ours up at each park and they are now souvinears. We would split up to do it. DH would start walking towards the first ride of our day, ie safari or splash mountain, and DD and I would stop by GS to pick up button. It would take us less than two minutes then off we went to join the rest of the family. As a side question...do they have buttons for big birthdays like 21 yrs, 40 yrs or 50 yrs?

p.s. if you can't get them at the hotel maybe mom or dad can sneak off to the closest park while the kids are getting ready for bed to pick one up.

buzznwoodysmom
11-04-2007, 12:56 PM
We stayed at WL in Feb. and were celebrating both of my son's birthdays and my mom's birthday. I had all three birthdays noted on our reservations and each of them were given a birthday button when we checked in. My oldest also got a card signed by Mickey and balloons in the room on his birthday. Poor youngest DS spent the rest of the trip waiting for his balloons and birthday card that he never got and then spent weeks asking me why Mickey liked his big brother better. It was great getting the cards and the balloons, but what a let down for my little one when he didn't receive them also.

They also each got a magical moments certificate at WL noteing that they spent their birthday in WDW. They also received certificates at some of the restaurants and at Chef Mickey's one of them got a birthday place mat. I know they received cupcakes at some of our meals. LTT and Chef Mickey's had our table decorated with mickey confetti. At the Canada pavillon in Epcot a CM saw their buttons and called a number for them to get a birthday wish from one of the characters. She also gave them each a magical moments certificate saying that they each received a birthday phone call in the Canada pavillion for their birthday. I hope you have tons of fun celebrating your birthdays while in WDW. My boys got tons of attention from CMs and guests alike on the days they wore their buttons.

pwdebbie
11-04-2007, 06:42 PM
We stayed at POFQ and got both birthday buttons and "first time" buttons there. The "first time" button we didn't have to ask for. The birthay button I did ask for. Not a problem.

Deb

MyDisneyworld
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
My wife had them put it on our reservation at the WL and received the birthday button at check-in. It worked out very nice as we received free drinks at MGM and preferred seating on all the roller coasters without asking.
We had them list it on our reservation at SSR last December for our daughter and she received a birthday balloon and card from Mickey Mouse which she loved.
Just ask and you will receive more wishes then you can handle. I love Disney......:mickey:

Classic Mickey & Minnie
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
We picked up a b-day button from the All-Star Music, for my mother's 68th birthday, which fell while we were in Disney 9/29-10/8/07. It was noted on our reservation that it was my mother's b-day and also our son's first trip to Disney. All-Star gave us a b-day and my first Disney trip button- plus balloons. If I were you, I'd ask at check-in. All of the CM's we ran into while on vacation this year were very helpful. :party: