PDA

View Full Version : Nikki and Greg Celebrate INTERCOT's 10th: Day 2

BriarRose0708
11-03-2007, 09:05 PM
The Cast
Nikki (BriarRose0708)
Greg (grego77)
A few of our INTERCOT friends and buddies!

The When and Where
October 11 - 14
Pop Century Resort

October 12 Part 1
We were up and at 'em early today to make our 9 am breakfast at Kona Café. We caught a Magic Kingdom bus and tried to wait for a ferry to come over from the Polynesian. But, it looked like none were coming any time soon, so we decided to grab the resort monorail instead. I'm so glad we did, because even though the monorail was in the station we told the cast members we wanted to wait for the next one so we could try and sit in the front. Well, no need to wait because the cast member opened the door and there was no one there!!! I couldn't believe we were in the front!!! We rode through the Contemporary and to the TTC. At the TTC stop there was a family waiting to ride in front, so we decided to hop out and let them have a turn. It turned out they were a family of five, two parents with triplets where were there for the first time! We felt really good giving them that opportunity to ride in front. Only a few minutes later we were at the Poly, and checked in to Kona a full 20 minutes early. Greg ran to the gift shop across the way to buy batteries for his camera, and while he was gone our table was called. Even though he wasn't with me I was seated anyway with no problem.

After breakfast it was just after 9am so we hopped the monorail once again to the Magic Kingdom a full half hour ahead of schedule! We went quickly through bag check and the turnstiles and went to rent a locker to store our MNSSHP things in, then headed to the Casey's meet. This walk down Main Street was incredible, it was a spectacular morning and it was still pretty empty. We rounded the corner at Casey's, wondering if there would be anyone left from the 9am meet. There they all were! We approached the group feeling nervous but excited, wondering how we would be received. I think I waved and said a timid "hello, INTERCOT people." We introduced ourselves and the first person I talked to was John! The founder of our beloved website! We also met Ellen and her son Ben, Mikki and Andrew (and of course Figaro!), Deb, Rhonda, and Brad. I am sure there were more but I am terrible with names (even screen names!). After chatting for a little bit we were ready to ride so we said good-bye and looked forward to seeing more people later that day at the Tambu Lounge.

It was almost 10am so we hit up the rest of Fantasyland. Peter Pan was a 20 minute wait (I think) but we made it in 10 or less. It was an okay ride, but I really don't get what all the fuss is about. Not worth the 70-plus minute wait I saw in March. Next was Snow White, which had NO wait! The title of the ride is right, it really IS a scary adventure! We hit Pooh to round out our fantasy morning. The wait was posted as 10 minutes but that's the one queue that always seems to take a lot longer than what it is. I love Pooh bear, and even though we stopped a couple times in the last room I was able to snap a pic of my favorite silly old bear.

After Fantasyland we trekked on to Tomorrowland. We decided to get a fastpass for Space Mountain and get into the Laugh Floor. Fastpasses in hand we headed for the entrance to Laugh, but unfortunately it was down. ? So we decided to pal around Tomorrowland- we met Stitch and Buzz, took a spin on the TTA, and checked out the wait time for Buzz Lightyear. The wait was a little long so even though we still had Space fastpasses our window was over so we should have been able to get FP's for Buzz (emphasis on the SHOULD have). For some reason the FP machines spit out invalid tickets. Pooey. No biggie though, because we had done it the day before and we had all night to defeat Zurg anyway. So we start to walk over to Space, and I reach into my pocket for my FastPass. Dude, where's my key???? It's missing. Shoot! (although I think I used a different expression). So I stopped and looked all through my bag, turned out my pockets, and no key to the world. Gone baby, gone. I must have had it at the Buzz FP machines so we retraced my steps, talked to a few cast members, but no one turned it in. Great. So instead of wasting Greg's time I told him to use his Space FP while I went to Guest Services to work this mess out. We decided to meet a half hour later at Pinnocchio Village Haus. I went all the way to the front of the park, stood in line at City Hall, and berated myself for about ten minutes until I could call Pop and cancel my card (thankfully I didn't allow charging privileges on it, just the dining plan). The CM issued me a temporary paper ticket but I would need to pick up my new key at the Pop desk when I returned. It didn't take too long, and I still had time before meeting Greg so I went and used my fastpass for a ride on Space.

Greg and I met up at Pinnocchio's for lunch. After, we took another ride on Haunted Mansion and then Pirates, which we walked right on! By this time it was a little after 1pm, and we were hitting the mid-day slump. Greg had done just about everything he wanted to and talked about going to EPCOT before the Tambu Lounge meet. I still wanted to ride Splash, so we decided to split up and get back together at the Poly. I headed through Frontierland to find a 70 minute wait for Splash. WHAT? And the Fastpass return times were not on my side either as the window was right in the middle of the Tambu Lounge meet. So I put it off again, and went back to Adventureland. Walking by Pirates there was no wait posted so I did that again, and then Jungle Cruise (about a 15 minute wait there). I also explored the Swiss Family Tree House and took some nice shots of Splash and Space Mountains from the top. It was nearing 3 and I didn't want to get caught in the parade nonsense so I got out as soon as I could and hopped the resort monorail to the Poly.

Part 2 Below

BriarRose0708
11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
October 12 Part 2

When I got there I was expecting to see a huge group congregating at the bar, and got kind of nervous when I saw two people there. But then a quick glance to the right and there was the circle! I was nervous because I was by myself and I didn't see anyone I had met or recognized from the morning meet at Casey's. But I sucked it up, put my introverted self away, worked up a smile and started chatting! It was great to meet everyone I had only known by screen name- Jym and Rachel (I never thought I'd meet people who watched more tv than me, and I'm an amateur compared to those two), Kathy, Ian, Gary, Linda and Gene, Blythe and Dan, Mike, and of course, the lovely ladies of Magical Journeys! I know there were more people, and I am sorry if I have forgotten your names. I'm better with faces, which means I can see you in my mind, but can't remember who you are. After about half an hour Greg hadn't showed up, so I called him and he was stuck in Disney Bus Transportation Purgatory. So I chatted it up with Jym and Rachel while people came and went, and we got yelled at by a not-amused Cast Member for re-arranging the furniture. Clearly he didn't appreciate our INTERCOT fieng sui. Greg made it around 4:10pm, poor guy missed just about the entire thing!

We hung around for a few more minutes and left around 4:30 with the hope of taking in a few more rides before dinner at 5:30. We entered the park with our NSSHP tickets! Main Street was a little bottlenecked with party guests coming in and non-partiers going out. We went to Liberty Square with a half hour to spare before dinner, but we weren't really motivated to ride anything. Haunted Mansion had a 30 minute wait I think and I don't think Hall of Presidents even crossed our minds! So we thought, "what the hey?" and checked in at Liberty Tree a half hour early. Ben and Jared were already there waiting for Ellen and co. to arrive for their ressie, so we chatted with them for a minute and then the hostess called Greg! I couldn't believe we got in that early, but then again it was exactly 5pm and the dinner rush hadn't begun. We were seated in what would come to be known as "the INTERCOT section," but we didn't know it at the time! The character interaction was great! Goofy came by first and gave us back massages! We then had Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale. We got to sit through two rotations, too. As we were eating Ellen, Mikki and Andrew, Jared, Brad, and others were seated next to us, and then John, Carol, Donna, Beth, etc. were seated to the other side of us! I think the funniest moment of that night was Carol's reaction to Chip (or was it Dale?) peering over her shoulder. Priceless!

After dinner, I don't remember why, but we were walking around the corner into Fantasyland and suddenly Greg remembered he left his hat under the table at LTT. Oops! So we turned around and on our way past Peter Pan's Flight the Cinderella's Carriage photo op was open! And before 7pm, too! We waited maybe 7 minutes. The CM said that at 7:10 the line would be more than two hours long. We really lucked out with our timing there! So Greg ran back into LTT to grab his hat and also inform the other INTERCOTees that the photo line was short. We walked back to our locker where our costumes and glowies were stored and arrived at the Terrace Noodle Station. I spotted Christine in her Mary Poppins costume and knew this was the right place. We chatted with Amy (Mousefever) and her son Jacob, and I started giving out lots of glowies. It was so fun seeing all the INTERCOTers in costumes! We joined the group and went to Laugh Floor. It was cute, but I have to say I liked Turtle Talk better. Greg and I went to ride Dumbo since we didn't do it that morning. We only had to wait through one ride cycle before going on. After, we headed toward Haunted Mansion with Kathy, Bythe and Dan. Next was the Small World meet, there were 21 of us!! Another hi-lite of the evening was Lady Tremaine and the Step-sisters talking with Deb, who was dressed as the Fairy Godmother! We made it through Small World, and we walked with the group over to the Rose Garden to stake out spots for Hallowishes.

Hallowishes was fun, but I like regular Wishes better. It makes me cry. But in a good way. After the show Jared and I ran to ride Splash Mountain becuase I hadn't all day, and there was some time before the Boo To You Parade. We walked right on, and we got WET! We met up with the rest of the group at the Shootin' Arcade and I chatted with Beth, Donna and Carol (I LOVED meeting you ladies!!!). The Headless Horeseman rode by and then it was time for the parade! I am normally not a parade lover, I could take them or leave them. But this was the best one I have ever seen! I tried taking pictures but my camera is really basic and not great for night shots. I think the music is still in my head though! (Boo to you and you and you and you!)

After the parade the group split up and Greg and I went our own way to meet some characters and trick-or-treat. We met Lady Tremaine and the Step-Sisters, Tigger and Piglet, and we saw the Alice in Wonderland characters. It was coming on 11:30pm and I still needed to go to the check in desk at Pop to get my new key. So we left the park and got the bus. It was a looooong bus ride! Plus, there was a 30 minute wait at the check in counter so I didn't get into bed until about 1am. It was a late night and a long day but one I won't forget!

Next update: EPCOT and the IllumiNations meet!

Fairy Grandmother
11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
You write great trip reports! Can't wait to read day 3. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
11-04-2007, 06:48 AM
That was a wonderful account of the first big Intercot Day, Nikki. I'm glad your lost ticket was solved fairly easily. I am glad that you enjoyed the Halloween Party. It was such a pleasure to meet both you and Greg, as you are both very sweet people. Thanks for the wonderful reporting. :mickey:

faline
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry about the lost ticket! The rest of your day sounds wonderful!

That cast member at the Tambu lounge really was not at all pleased with us!

Bethis26fan
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I can't wait to try Kona in a few weeks.

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
but I like regular Wishes better. It makes me cry. But in a good way!

Wishes always makes me cry too. My DH and I got married 15 minutes before the start of wishes on the Pointe at Poly. Then we got into a boat and watched Wishes from the lake and had wedding cake and sparkling cider (I hate champagne).

Thanks for sharing, what an awesome day!!

youngOx96
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
It sounds like you had a great time. Very nice report, thanks for sharing.