PDA

View Full Version : Good Choice for 20th Birthday?

deebee29
11-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Going to disney for my 20th bday, where would be a great place to eat at? There will be two of us.

faline
11-03-2007, 02:52 PM
My favorites would be California Grill or Le Cellier.

slegrant
11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I would go to the California Grill or Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian :mickey3:

Happy Birthday !!!

LibertyTreeGal
11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Depends on what you would like -- atmosphere, fine dining, casual, type of cuisine, etc... what do you like to eat? Do you value fun over food quality or vice versa. Are you a casual or dressy kind of guy? Do you like surf and turf or exotic?

I hate making reccomendations when I don't know anything about you! I feel like I'm setting you up to fail ...

Kairi_7378
11-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Are you looking for recommendations for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Do you have other plans for the night, like Cirque or DTD?
(CA Grill is by far my favorite place to eat on Disney property, but you're not going to be able to sample the wines yet.)

deebee29
11-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Me and my mom are taking a mother/daughter trip down there. No plans for the day at all yet. Would just like to eat out at a nice place for supper. I would probably like to spend the day in MK, but I'm not sure. We can go elsewhere for supper anyways. Will be having park hopper passes and will also be on the dining plan. I like to have fun, but I don't like anything TOO crazy!

LibertyTreeGal
11-03-2007, 09:48 PM
So Hoop Dee Doo might be out, but that is a fine place to celebrate a birthday .

disneydeb
11-03-2007, 10:23 PM
My new favorite place to eat in the world is BOMA.:D

deebee29
11-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I have looked into hoop de doo... but it might just be a little too crazy lol

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I love California Grill like everyone else, but if you could, I'd save that for your 21st when you can toast the occasion. :wine: That said, I wouldn't make it the deciding factor for experiencing the restaurant. It's really wonderful.

I just wanted to throw a different kind of experience out into the ring for discussion: the Grand Floridian's Afternoon Tea (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp). It's a nice break from the parks, close to MK, and a nice way to get a bit pampered (without going to the spa). You and your mom might enjoy the chance to relax and chat. :cloud9:

wendy*darling
11-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I'll second the vote for the Afternoon Tea at the GF. :thumbsup: This is a great place for a mother/daughter celebration.

If you are looking for an upscale dinner, California Grill is a definite favorite. I don't drink wine and I still love it there.
I also recommend any of the World Showcase restaurants that appeal to you. Our favorites are San Angel, Chefs de France and Marrakesh.

Jared
11-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I'll second the vote for the Afternoon Tea at the GF. :thumbsup: This is a great place for a mother/daughter celebration.
I'll third this suggestion. I reluctantly tried the tea a couple weeks ago and adored it. It's perfect for a mother and daughter. After you eat, you can explore the Grand Floridian for a while.

Unfortunately, it's not on the Disney Dining Plan, so you will have to pay for it. It's well worth the cost.

disneydeb
11-04-2007, 01:04 PM
After thinking about it, the Tea at the Grand Floridian would be oh so special.:thumbsup:

Wolf
11-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Me and my mom are going for my 21st birthday in Jan and we are going to have dinner at Le Cellier cause we've heard great reviews and have never tried it before. I'm gona look up this tea thing though too!

deebee29
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking California Grill sounds good. But this tea at the GF sounds cool too! Any more info about it?

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Me and my mom are taking a mother/daughter trip down there. No plans for the day at all yet. Would just like to eat out at a nice place for supper. I would probably like to spend the day in MK, but I'm not sure. We can go elsewhere for supper anyways. Will be having park hopper passes and will also be on the dining plan. I like to have fun, but I don't like anything TOO crazy! :cloud9: Just me, but a mother daughter dinner at Magic Kingdom would be Cinderella's Royal Table all the way.

ElenitaB
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
But this tea at the GF sounds cool too! Any more info about it?
Besides the link posted earlier in this thread, you can find several observations as part of this discussion of dining (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118087) during the Oct INTERCOT 10th Anniversary weekend.

deebee29
11-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks everyone! Any more input is certainly welcome!