PDA

View Full Version : Poly booked week before Christmas?

luvourtwo
11-03-2007, 01:10 PM
We have our room booked at the Poly for three nights duringthe week before Christmas. I am always checking the Disney World website hoping that rates will magically drop, and found that it said the Poly was not available during this time frame. I went to Expedia, and found the same results. Does this mean they are booked during our stay? I just knew we would have the whole place to ourself during "the best time to visit". (ha! ha!).

IloveDisney71
11-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Well you won't have the Poly all to yourself, since my family of 8 will be there the week before Christmas.:)
I have a feeling that this usually "slow" time is NOT going to be so slow this year. :( BUT we will make the best of it!!!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
11-04-2007, 10:46 AM
I have a feeling that this usually "slow" time is NOT going to be so slow this year. :( BUT we will make the best of it!!!:mickey:I don't think the week before Christmas has been considered "slow" for quite some time. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any slow periods after Thanksgiving. About the quietest is the week right after they finish shooting the Parade. After that, crowd size picks up each week leading to Christmas.

threeh
11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm going the beg of Feb. and I always play around on the wdw and have noticed not many rooms available for that time period as well. I'm hoping they just haven't released them all and not that it's going to be busy:thedolls:

Disneyatic
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I don't think the week before Christmas has been considered "slow" for quite some time. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any slow periods after Thanksgiving. About the quietest is the week right after they finish shooting the Parade. After that, crowd size picks up each week leading to Christmas.

Which week is the week after filming?
We are looking at Dec 13-19th 2008 and I am worried that it is going to be crazy busy.

Any past info on this time frame?

SurferStitch
11-05-2007, 11:16 AM
The week before Christmas is very busy. That's why we bug out of there before that.

We went 12/7-12/18 last year, and have very low crowds during the week. Weekends were busy, but that's to be expected. By our last day (Monday the 18th), it was pretty busy, so we were glad to be going home.

We are going back this December (12/6 - 12/17) because the weather and crowds were so wonderful. We just know that weekends will be busy, so we'll plan more late nights and more down time during those days.