PDA

View Full Version : theme park music

dumbo ears
11-03-2007, 01:28 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I can go to bye a cd or something that has all the music from the theme parks or most of it. this includes rides sounds, music in the parks, etc. thanks for any help

Mollywobbles
11-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Some of the gift shops at the parks have various cds with park music on them. Also the Disney Classics cds (there several volumes) have a mixture of theme park and movie music. Those can be found at places like music stores and Target/Wal-Mart. Another way to listen to Disney movie/theme park music is through Radio365. It's a internet radio service that has a lot of Disney-related stations. I have that and it's nice to turn it on and be taken to the parks through it.

DizneyRox
11-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I can go to bye a cd or something that has all the music from the theme parks or most of it. this includes rides sounds, music in the parks, etc. thanks for any help

Unfortunately, what you are looking for does not exist. Each year, there is some sort of official album released with a very small collection of audio on it. Much of it is stuff that's alread been released, sometimes they throw us a bone and give us something new (and often even that isn't really an accurate version of the actual audio).

You can start by picking up the official albums, call WDW Merchandising and tell them you want one of ALL the CDs they currently have available. At least you'll show them you're willing to pay for park music.

Then pull up google and start searcihng the internet. I'm sure you'll find a wealth of unofficially released music. Don't bother with ehe Internet radio version, they are all low bitrate copies of what you can find for yourself.

My current colleciton tops out at about 8 full days of continuous non repeating park audio, including background music loops, attraction soundtracks, ride throughs, even recording studio outtakes, etc. Most of it DOES NOT come from official releases. Much of it is fan obtained...

Hope that helps!

LudwigVonDrake
11-03-2007, 10:43 AM
As a previous poster suggested, internet radio Live 365. :mickey:

JasonH
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Like a couple of the previous posters, it is best to start with getting what cd's you can from the parks themselves. IMHO, that's where all great music collections start and of course it helps the actual artists pocketbooks and gets them some recognition ;) After that, you'll need to check around the web and/or filesharing programs to locate other music. Some you might be able to buy, others you might have download(which most downloaded is going to be from fans so could be low quality, the rest supposedly is straight from the source from WDW employees and/or bootleggers). My personal collection is also pretty decent at about 5 days worth non-stop, non-repeating. Mind sharing a list of your music you have with me DizneyRox? I'll share mine as well. Who knows, might have some songs the other doesn't.:mickey::mickey:

JPL
11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
There are several official CDs available

Here is a list off the top of my head

The Official Album (insert Current year/celebration)
Wishes
Holiday Wishes
Illuminations and Tapestry of Dreams
Finding Nemo The Musical Soundtrack
Magic Kingdom Event party Music
Magic in the Streets
Fantasmic
SpectroMagic
Music From Disney's Animal kingdom
Festival of the Lion King Soundtrack
Haunted Mansion Soundtrack (not sure it's still available)
POTC Soundtrack(not sure it's still available)

DizneyRox
11-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Like a couple of the previous posters, it is best to start with getting what cd's you can from the parks themselves. IMHO, that's where all great music collections start and of course it helps the actual artists pocketbooks and gets them some recognition ;) After that, you'll need to check around the web and/or filesharing programs to locate other music. Some you might be able to buy, others you might have download(which most downloaded is going to be from fans so could be low quality, the rest supposedly is straight from the source from WDW employees and/or bootleggers). My personal collection is also pretty decent at about 5 days worth non-stop, non-repeating. Mind sharing a list of your music you have with me DizneyRox? I'll share mine as well. Who knows, might have some songs the other doesn't.:mickey::mickey:
Sent a PM. I needed to edit the list a little, but it's still about 600K! I sent the file via yousendit.

JPL
11-04-2007, 09:01 AM
There is also a large selection of WDW Music over at Amazon with some New & Used CDs

WDW Music Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/104-2026812-3592715?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Walt+Disney+World)

Using this link and the one under ICOT Affiliates also helps support the site :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I have found a lot of audio via the internet for free, but some places seem shady to me, so I'm wary. I have done searches, but come up with only the same stuff I already have.

I usually buy CD's from the parks. The best ones are the 50th Anniversary CD sets from both WDW and DLR. Plus, I recently bought the 6 CD set of Disneyland music, which has a lot of crossovers to WDW music, old versions, and full ride audio.

DisneyRox and JasonH, would you be so kind to let me know how you got such an amazing amount of music!? I am in awe!

DizneyRox
11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I have found a lot of audio via the internet for free, but some places seem shady to me, so I'm wary.

DisneyRox and JasonH, would you be so kind to let me know how you got such an amazing amount of music!? I am in awe!
Probably those shady sites... :D

JasonH
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
It was through filesharing programs that I found some very excellent people who are just as big of a fan if not bigger when it comes to WDW theme park and resort audio and have been willing to share it with me. Right now I've not been able to find much of any new files...at least until I go through DizneyRox song list I was given (which btw, I still need to get my list to ya as well). But keep looking through the fan sites and any webpages the Intercot staff may recommend and who knows what might turn up....now if I can just finish renaming my files I have and go through and see what I'm missing/needing in pics/audio/video. :thumbsup::mickey:

threeh
11-05-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm a theme park music junkie. Try googling <snip>. They tell you how to do it under FAQ. I have a TON of stuff from this site and it is great. :thumbsup:
Enjoy!!:mickey:

Arnold Simba
11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
What was the site you were referring to that got <snipped>? I'm looking for Disney audio, particularly theme park audio and ride audio and outtakes. Thank you.

DizneyRox
11-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Very old thread, but probably a Bit Torrent site devoted to commerically unavailable Disney music.

BellesRose
11-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Do they sell or have they ever sold a CD with the music you hear outside the Haunted Mansion? I would love to put that on repeat and listen to it for hours! The organ, the howling, and most of all...the wind blowing! I love love love it!!!

DizneyRox
11-16-2011, 06:07 AM
In 2009 Disney put out a CD called The Haunted Mansion, but I beleive it's mostly common attraction music to both DL and WDW versions.

Typically, you won't see area music released. There are folks who compile lists of what's played in each area of the park, but I think HM area music may be tough to get, it's probably a custom edit with sound effects added. A live or induction recording would be your best chance. I know of nothing that's in circulation.

BellesRose
11-16-2011, 10:53 AM
In 2009 Disney put out a CD called The Haunted Mansion, but I beleive it's mostly common attraction music to both DL and WDW versions.

Typically, you won't see area music released. There are folks who compile lists of what's played in each area of the park, but I think HM area music may be tough to get, it's probably a custom edit with sound effects added. A live or induction recording would be your best chance. I know of nothing that's in circulation.
I have all of the HM cd's so I'm guessing it's pretty much impossible to get the outside music. Thanks anyways!

ryca1dreams
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Like most of you, I would love all the BGM and attraction music, but I don't have the time to look or the trust to deal with "shady" sites.

I do have a question - Today I heard a version of the "Star Tunnel" music from Space Mountain that had lyrics. Has anyone else heard this or have a copy? PM me if so. Thanks.