PDA

View Full Version : One Man's Dream Appears to be safe

JPL
11-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I forgot to post this earlier but it looks like the Walt Disney One Man's Dream Exhibit is safe at the studios for the time being.

During the Intercot 10th Anniversary I was in the exhibit with 2 other members and a meeting of Imagineers was taking place in the exhibit space and they were measuring out areas and noting things not working. Near the end by the models they were discussing something so I listened in for a while. They were talking about what needed to be updated in the displays about the Overseas parks and the current display.

DisneyTwirler13!
11-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I think that One Man's Dream needs to be spruced up a little, more interactive. It's boring and tiring for younger children and people who aren't big on Walt Disney or history and stuff like that. It can also get a little dark in there sometimes.

big blue and hairy
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
I forgot to post this earlier but it looks like the Walt Disney One Man's Dream Exhibit is safe.

:scratch: I never thought is was dangerous.... maybe it just Sounds Dangerous:funny:

:sully:

brownie
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I hope they keep it, it's an interesting attraction.

lindique
11-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks, Jeff for posting this. I really enjoy the movie and am looking forward to seeing it again.

Does anyone know if it is affected by the construction on that street?

Crow
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
i walk thru it every trip. but i can see how it might not be a repeat for some cause its not a ride or interactive. Im glad its safe and find it interesting.
there already was a change in the movie part. no Eisner in it anymore. Julie Andrews has taken his place

JPL
11-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know if it is affected by the construction on that street?

It's actually before the construction starts so access to it has not been blocked at all:thumbsup:

Cinderelley
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
:scratch: I never thought is was dangerous.... maybe it just Sounds Dangerous:funny:

:silly:

Mickey'sGirl
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
This is one of our favourite things at MGM. Our children REALLY enjoy the displays. I am so glad it will likely be there when we make our way back again! :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
One of my favorite things at Disney-MGM also. I wonder what our uncle Walt would say about them needing to update his life and dream?

SurferStitch
11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Glad to hear it will be around for a while. DH and I love this attraction...especially the movie at the end.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Pagan
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I hope they keep it too.

To me that exhibit is paying respect to the man who brought all this to us. IMO if you can enjoy the rest of the parks, you can take 15 or 20 minutes to learn something about the amazing man who created it all.

LebelJD
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm glad to hear it's staying - I had been wondering about that with all the changes being talked about for the park.

It's something I always look forward to, and you can bet I'll be going through on my trip next week (leaving Friday!) :D

drummerboy
11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm glad to hear it. I hope it stays as a permanent attraction.

Diznee4Me
11-08-2007, 09:20 AM
It is a must see for me every trip :thumbsup: - the DW and DH not so much - once or twice has been about enough for them.

goofy for pluto
11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Our family has always enjoyed One Man's Dream! I am be glad that it will still be around.
:mickey:

Mackflava99
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
After all these years, i had never actually gone to see it. Mostly my kids were anxious to go see something so we were running bye. Then last year I had some free time and walked by to see it. I enjoyed it, but wasn't sure my kids would like it. We went back a few days later during Star Wars weekend- and they all liked it alot . its a quiet place to escape all the noise, plus you get a great perspective on his life.

EPCOT84
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
I hope they keep it too.

To me that exhibit is paying respect to the man who brought all this to us. IMO if you can enjoy the rest of the parks, you can take 15 or 20 minutes to learn something about the amazing man who created it all.

My sentiments exactly :thumbsup: I enjoyed it and appreciate the exhibit.

EPCOT84
12-01-2007, 12:24 PM

:funny: Good one !

Not2Loud
12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
It is truly one of my favorite things at WDW. I know it can be boring for children, but remember, WDW isn't for children only! :number1:

I wish they had more items to look at such as things from WDW past. Just my 2 cents.

JerseyMouse
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Count me in as glad it will still be there!! I always make at least one trip through on my vacation. The pic of the crying Mickey shaped like a globe showing his sadness over Walt's death is pretty powerful, IMHO.