PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is MLK weekend?

dizfanforever
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Just wondering b/c we are going to be there this January! :mickey:
We almost always go over Easter vacation due to the fact that I am a teacher and have to go during school vacations.
It isn't as crowded as Easter, is it?
What are the wait times generally like? I know that January usually has lighter crowds, but does it get much busier over the holiday weekend?

Thanks!

Beast_fanatic
11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
It shouldn't be nearly as crowded as Easter, but crowds are larger over holiday weekends particularly in the Magic Kingdom. I'm sure you'll be fine though.

DizneyRox
11-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I was surprised at how busy it gets MLK weekend. I usually go during peak times (July 4th, XMas, etc) so it wasn't horrible, but it IS a holiday weekend and should be planned for accordingly.

dizfanforever
11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your replies.
I suppose if we can do Easter, we can handle anything. We have gotten good at navigating the crowds over the years...was just hoping that we could experience little to no wait times for once!
We only have one day to spend at WDW - the actual purpose of the trip is to visit family an hour and a half south of WDW. We'll be in the MK on the Sunday before MLK Day. Evening EMH will be in effect, so that might make the park even more crowded...but as far as my family is concerned, if you only have one day at WDW you have to spend it in the Magic Kingdom! :mickey:

realtreebar
11-04-2007, 09:05 PM
last year on MLK weekend AK was just buzzing had to leave because so many people!