PDA

View Full Version : October Wishes and Dreams-Day 2 Part 2

angel8783
11-02-2007, 01:35 PM
The parade was starting soon, and as an afterthought I wished we had watched it since it won’t be there next year, but I really wanted to go to some attractions. We walked over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and found out there would not be another show until after the parade because Ariel is in the parade. To kill some time, we went over to the Animators Studio building. We went in to watch the really cute presentation (you should see this if you get a chance) and then walked in to the building where you can choose what you want to do or see. I was kind of depressed at this point because we had seen 3 attractions total (my Mom and I had seen 2) and we had been in the park for 4 hours already. DH sensed I was upset and so after the Animators presentation we walked straight back to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and say that show. It’s one of my favorites because that was the first Disney movie I saw in the theatre (I was 5). DH hurried his mom along and we went to Star Tours. It was much rougher than I remember it being. My stomach was actually kind of upset after that ride for about 5 minutes. We walked right over to Muppets 3D and got to see the entire preshow. While waiting to get into the preshow I pointed out the key under the mat to everyone. Other guests who heard me and saw me showing this bit of magic off were also impressed with the level of detail. We watched the show, which used to be my favorite until Mickey’s Philharmagic came along and then went over to the shop outside. There was a beautiful throw for sale in most all the stores that is dark red and gold and has Mickey and the icons of the 4 parks on it. It was $15 with a $50 purchase and I really wanted it, so we spend $50 on figurines, drinking glasses, mugs and picture frames in order to get it.

It was difficult, but we finally got everyone out of the store to go check in to Mama Melrose for our Fantasmic Dining package. This was our first table service on the dining plan (Kona had been out of pocket) and I was excited. DH and I used the dining plan last year and we of course already knew we had the dining plan for free next year, but next year would be appetizer and gratuity free, so I wanted to enjoy it this year. I got the mozzarella and tomato salad, my mom and DH got the breads with different spreads appetizer and MIL got the calamari. The bread appetizer was absolutely delicious!! They could not stop eating it. I really loved my salad, but then I always get that salad at Italian restaurants and MIL seemed to like her calamari as well. For my entrée I got the pork tenderloin as did my Mom and I cannot remember what MIL and DH got. I thought it was only ok, and wished I had gotten to steak like I usually do. My Mom seemed to really like the pork though. We all got different things for dessert. I had the chocolate cake I think. It was nothing to wonderful, just a regular dessert. After dinner, we left very full and headed over to the special entrance for dining package holders for Fantasmic. We found our seat and waited. I think at this point that MIL realized that there would be a lot of times where we did just wait and sometimes on the sidewalk or even uncomfortable seats, and she did not seem too happy about that, but there was nothing I could do about that without totally missing or being in even more uncomfortable positions trying to see events. While we were waiting, DH went to the only open food stand and purchased some drinks and a Popsicle for me. Fantasmic finally started! It was awesome as always and MIL seemed suitably impressed with the show. That night we headed back out of the park, first stopping to get some candy and sweets on the way out. We were back to our rooms and getting ready for bed by 10pm that night. I felt the day was a learning experience overall. We had two great meals and Fantasmic was great as always, but we were slow and missed about half the things I had wanted to see and do in MGM. DH started to push his mom a little because he also wanted to see and do more things and so we began to push her a little, and as you will see when I get to Tuesday night, that was probably her breaking point.

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
A nice meal at Mama Melrose and Fantasmic sounds like a really nice way to end your day. Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
11-04-2007, 03:34 PM
We just dined at Mama Melrose's a couple of weeks ago. My husband ordered the bread with spreads appetizer - what an enormous appetizer!

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed Fantasmic!

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm glad Fantasmic was awesome as always. So sorry your MIL is cramping things. I hope it gets better soon.