PDA

View Full Version : October Wishes and Dreams-Day 2 Part 1

angel8783
11-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Day 2

We woke bright and early at 7am. I am NEVER a morning person, but at least at the beginning of a Disney trip, I certainly do bounce out of bed! I got up and got ready and then coaxed DH out of bed. We met our Mom’s at 8:00am and traveled via bus to MK then boat to the Polynesian resort for breakfast. I really loved taking that boat over to the Poly! It was a beautiful morning and I really enjoyed our trek out on the lagoon. We made our way from the dock at the Poly to the main building. I had never walked the grounds at this resort like this because I usually take the monorail, but I was just blown away by the beauty and the detail that is put into landscaping the resort like the Hawaiian islands. We took lots of picture of the beauty, and of us in front of the beauty before we made our way to Kona. We checked in and in no time at all we were seated . I ordered a passion fruit smoothie, which I had wanted to try, but found to be only ok. I think it was a little tangy for my taste. I also ordered the Macadamia nut pancakes with the pineapple and butter on the side. My mom and MIL ordered Tonga Toast and DH ordered the plate with steak and eggs. I really love Macadamia nuts, but I also cannot always eat breakfast. I am just not a breakfast eater, plus I was excited to start our day in the park, so I managed to eat a small amount of pancake and I ate about ¼ of my Mom’s Tonga toast. I had recommended the Tonga Toast to MIL and she said she really enjoyed it.

After our wonderful breakfast, we made our way to the Poly bus stop to catch a bus to MGM Studios. We waited about 15 minutes and then hopped on a bus. We were there in no time at all. By this time it was 11pm, and I had known it would take us this long to make it into the park, however what I had not counted on when planning this trip was how much slower we would be moving on this trip than I had in previous trips. We had an ADR at Mama Melrose at 5pm so we had from 11am-5pm to accomplish everything we wanted to do in MGM. Also, I did not count on MIL wanting to ride the roller coasters with DH, so that also made an impact on our day.

We started out going to Rock n Roller Coaster to get a fastpass for DH and MIL. It was for about 2.5 hours later, so I wanted to try to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. When we arrived about 10 minutes before it started, (and that was a task getting us to walk quickly from one destination to another), they had closed the show due to it already being full. I was disappointed, but I decided the best thing would be for us to walk over the The Great Movie Ride and start our park attraction there. We were all a little out of breath after trying to hurry over to Indiana Jones, so we slowly walked over the The Great Movie Ride. We waited only about 20 minutes in line and then got into a ride vehicle that they packed with people. This time we had the gangster scene. The acting by the cast members was only so-so, but the ride was great as always. I couldn’t gauge a reaction from MIL. Next, we made our way back to the New York area for the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show. My mom, myself and DH had seen this in 2005 and we decided that if we couldn’t see Indiana Jones, that we had to make it to this stunt show. Everyone took a bathroom break and then we entered the stadium to wait in line for about 10 minutes. About 30 minutes before the show was to start they let us in to find seats. We waited and then the show began. Can I just say that if you have never seen this Stunt Show you really need to see it! I had forgotten how good it really is. The effects are really awesome with flying cars and guys in special suits lighting on fire! At the end of it, I felt that it was ok that the substituted this show for the other, because it was truly worth it.

After the show was over, we stopped at the bathroom again for a bit and then slowly walked over to Rock n Roller Coaster so MIL and DH could use their fastpasses. (It took us 30 minutes to walk from one end of MGM to the other!! It never takes me that long usually, but when you have someone lagging, 30 minutes is not uncommon) I was very hungry by this time because I had not eaten much breakfast and dinner was still not for 3 hours, so while DH and MIL went on their ride, my Mom and I went over to Rosie’s to get a pizza. I used one of my CS credits and got the pepperoni pizza and the chocolate cake. I gave my mom the salad to eat. This is one of those times in the trip when I got frustrated. I was kind of upset we had seen so little in 3 hours and part of the reason was our slowness (the other was our timing). I was carrying the tray to find a table and I finally found one on the opposite side of where we got our food. I was so relieved to find a free table that I practically rushed over there and slid the tray onto the table at a tilt…. And my entire drink fell over and spilled over the table. I was so frustrated I just sat down. My mom raced to get napkins for me and while I cleaned and ate, she went and got me another coke. I ate most of my pizza and half the chocolate cake and my mom and I shared the coke she had gotten, and she ate the salad. At the end of my meal, MIL and DH came back. During their ride on Rock n Roller Coaster, they encountered a not so nice CM. DH had been using his video camera in parts of the line and he had taped some in the load area. He had not put his camera away when he was strapped into the car, and the CM asked him not to video the ride, so he turned the camera off and held it down in his lap because he could not reach his bag to store it away (he was already strapped in). They rode the ride with NO MUSIC and when they were unloading, the same CM who had asked him to put the camera away told him that if they caught him taping a ride he wasn’t supposed to tape again, that they would throw him out of the park. DH responded that he hadn’t taped anything during the ride and had turned it off when asked; the CM retorted that they had cameras in the ride. DH asked him if he wanted to see the tape and he said no, to just not do it again or he would be thrown out of MGM for the day. MIL and DH felt the CM was on a bit of a power trip that day and that was the reason for the nastiness when none was necessary, also we believe they turned off the music because DH had not put his camera away. I was kind of upset he did not put his camera away earlier and might have caused everyone on that ride to have no music, but there was nothing we could do after the fact.

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I am sorry that your time at MGM didn't go as you had hoped. That is a little odd about the whole RnRoller Coaster deal. I can't imagine that a video would be very good on that ride even if you did try to tape it. Sounds like that CM was cranky about something else and took it out on your hubby. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Cinderelley
11-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I had the same issue with a CM on Buzz Lightyear. She just couldn't get it through her mind that it takes time to shut it down and put it away.

faline
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
It is a bit odd about the camera. When on rides like that, my husband always slings my camera around this shoulder for me as I've had cameras damaged before in the pouches they provide in the rides. We've never disobeyed the rules and taped and no-one has ever complained about our camera not being "put away".

Sorry you got a late start to your park day but the breakfast at Kona Cafe sounds like it was totally worth a late start!

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear about the cranky CM. He/She was way out of line. Thank you for sharing your day!:mickey:

AbeeNormal
11-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Hopefully that will be thelast of rude CM's.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: