PDA

View Full Version : October Wishes and Dreams-Day 1 Part 3

angel8783
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
After we exited Mickey’s Philharmagic we once again slowly made our way out of the MK. There was a Halloween party that we did not have ticket for that night. We took some pictures and made our way to the monorail that would take us to the ticket and transportation center and then on to Epcot. When we were on the Epcot monorail swinging into Epcot before we stopped at the station, we were trying to point things out to MIL. She seemed flabbergasted, but at this point I just gave up explaining where we were. I decided at this point that it was my vacation also and while she had never been there, she would probably just try to enjoy herself as best as possible without having to learn much, so there was no point in me breaking my back to explain things. We walked through Future World and into the mass of people. Yes, it was a mass!! I knew it would be very busy due to Extra Magic Hours at Epcot that night and a Halloween party at MK closing the park to all but ticket holders, plus it was Friday night and the F&WF, but I don’t think I have EVER seen World Showcase that busy before!! We arrived about 1 hour and 15 minutes before Illuminations. The fireworks which was the purpose of traveling over to Epcot that night. We found a good spot by the railing between Mexico and Norway and claimed our space. My mom and I went to the Norway bakery to score some cokes and School Bread for me. I absolutely love school bread!! It looks like a huge cream filled donut with coconut on top and inside it is actually filled with this sweet, but not too sweet cream cheese. They had no more in the case that night, but the girl went and got me one from the back. It took awhile for us to get out, so once we got back MIL and DH walked over to the Spain booth to get a coke and a snack. We all sat back down as people crowded around us and the DH decided to take his mom over to Maelstrom. About 10 minutes before Illuminations started DH and MIL returned. Little did I know that their trip over there that night would mean that I would not get to ride Maelstrom this time around.

Finally right at 9pm Illuminations started. Now, for the past 5 months before our trip (since I had started my new job where I can listen to internet radio), I had been listening to all the Live365 Disney park stations at work. In fact, I had purchased the VIP Live365 so I would get better quality music and no commercials. One of my favorites to listen to is Illuminations, especially when the station plays the preshow and post show music before and after. Disney did not disappoint!! I absolutely love Disney firework shows and I really appreciated this one more after listening to the music so much and reimagining the show over and over in my head. My MIL was VERY impressed with this show. She made the comment afterward that all fireworks shows she had seen up until this point didn’t hold a candle to Illuminations. I walked away from Epcot that night knowing that at the very least she had gotten a little bit of Disney magic to take back home with her, no matter what the rest of the trip might turn out to be like.

We walked out of the park after the show was over and got onto a bus back to POR. When we got back to POR we were all pretty hungry so we stopped at the food court. I had this roast beef and blue cheese sandwich which I did not really like and DH and MIL had another type of sandwich which they either really liked or were really hungry. My mom got the make your own pasta and her dinner looked sooo delicious!! I wished I had gotten that to eat. We would not be returning to the food court at POR for anything other than breakfast and snacks, so I did not get to try the make your own pasta or make your own salad, but they sure looked good.

After dinner, we all went back to our rooms, got ready for bed and went to sleep. It had been a full day with travel, MK and Illuminations, but for me it had been really good.

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I can believe that Epcot was a zoo that night with everything going on that you mentioned. I am glad that the evening ended with something that your MIL was impressed with. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Cinderelley
11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Illuminations was my friends' favorite too. No matter how crowded it was, it was worth it.

faline
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Illuminations was a great way to end your evening! Glad everyone enjoyed it!

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I listen to the same show you do, it's awesome. I'm glad your MIL finally got it (some magic, that is). Hopefully it gets better. Thanks for sharing!!:mickey: