PDA

View Full Version : Tallahassee, FL Hotels

allie_to_you
11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Can anyone tell me some good hotels to stay in in Tallahassee? My DH & I will be stopping overnight there on our way to Disney for our trip in February and we want to get someplace decent. We have tried searching online before and have gotten some true dumps so we want to hear from people who have actually stayed at some of these hotels before

Beast_fanatic
11-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I couldn't find much on specific places to stay in Tallahassee, but I found this previous post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91595&highlight=tallahassee) with some generalized suggestions on staying there...

Hopefully someone with firsthand experience will be along soon with some specific ideas of where to stay.

MsMin
11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
When we drive straight through we usually stop @ Lake City b/c it makes the trip to WDW so quick and easy the next day. Lake City is another 100 miles. FYI -Last Dec. we went through Tallahassee on our way down and at the Fla. Welcome station there was a notice asking ppl not to stop in Tallahassee b/c of University graduations and the lack of hotel space. I don't think it would be a problem in Feb.
One year we had a ressie in Tallahassee and the motel was all the way downtown- quite a drive from I-10. I think you should be safe with a big chain motel off I-10.

bkfree
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
The new Staybridge Suites I 10 East Hotel is really nice and right off the interstate. We recently stayed there and will return to it next time.
If you need the website, message me and I will give it to you.

BigRedDad
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I haven't been to Tally in a long while. However, there was a Ramada Inn right off I-10 that was nice. It had a good restaurant and bar (Dooley's Down Under). It may be a little pricey though.

DDuck66
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I used to live in Destin and we would stop at Tallahasee on some trips. The Ramada listed above is not bad...but we found that it was easier to go on to Lake City or Live Oak. Live Oak is about 30 miles before the turnoff for I-75. It leaves you with about a 3 to 4 hour drive to Orland the next day. There are several nice motels there. We have stayed at the Econo Lodge and it was clean and under $75 for the night. There is also a Wal Mart and several restaurants at the exit.

allie_to_you
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the tips you guys. I'll check out some of those hotels. The reason we were thinking Tallahassee is because of the mall. Is there one in Lake City?