PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon next October

laurenC325
11-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi
I have a few questions and I would appreciate any help I can get.

1. Is it to early to book to for our honeymoon October 6-13 2008?
2. Does Pop have ironing boards and irons in the room?
3. Any suggestions for golf for future husband?
4. Anything not to miss for couples.
Thanks again
:bride::groom:

faline
11-02-2007, 11:58 AM
It shouldn't be too early to start planning your trip. I'd suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). It's no cost to you and they'll certainly help make your trip magical!

I just stayed a Pop a couple of weeks ago and we did have an iron and ironing board in our room.

I don't golf so can't help you there.

Here are some suggestions for Romance at Disney World (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp).

BMan62
11-02-2007, 12:02 PM
First off...Best Wishes!!!

Now, for your questions...
1) No, it's not too early. Book through Magical Journeys and you will get the best possible deal available!

2) Yes, they do. Just remember to unplug them when you're done!:blush:

3) Any of the courses on property are good plays - just book tee times well in advance and let them know you are staying on property for the best deals.

4) It's ALL must see, but take your time and find the things that YOU like personally.

Enjoy your honeymoon!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

DH & I did our honeymoon at Disney as well, and the one thing you have to do is get the Mickey and Minnie bride & groom ears! It is so cool to be walking around the park getting congrats from everyone! We also got a couple of special events (like CM's people singing to us during concerts, special sets, free dole-whips, etc).

It is a wonderful place for a honeymoon :bride::groom:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd recommend a memorable dinner at Victoria & Albert's.

tennantsrwe
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
EXCITING! Congrats on the upcoming ceremony! Don't wait another minute, PLAN! It's never too early to plan for WDW, especially when it's such a special occassion for you. I'd book asap to assure I got what I wanted. I've never used a travel company, but people really seem to give good reviews to Magical Journeys. If you decide to do it yourself, it can be done. And be sure to mention when you book that it is for a honeymoon. POP does have irons/ironing boards in the room. We stayed there our last trip and really enjoyed it. Everything was clean, as is alwasy seems to be in WDW, and the staff was friendly. We usually always go with the Value Resorts when we stay, so any of them are good. As for golf, we've never done that. But I do know you should book your tee time early, as with everything else Disney. There is so much for couples to do at WDW! First and foremost, enjoy all the parks. And make sure you even ride some of the 'kiddie' rides at MK. Yes it may seem silly but its so much fun! I know they also offer horse and carriage rides at Port Orleans (no't sure if its FQ or RS) and Wilderness lodge. That could be nice and romantic for the two of you. Hope this helps....God Bless!

SurferStitch
11-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Sounds like your wedding date is 10/5....that's our anniversary!!! Congrats!!

Definitely call MJ and let them book your trip. They are the only way I'll do WDW anymore. It's never too early to start planning.

Golf - DH and I don't golf, but you could call 407-W-DISNEY and speak with a CM there. There is a beautiful course near the GF.

Romantic things to do:

1. Dinner at Victoria and Albert's. This is a full evening of dining (~ 3 hours) in the most amazing restaurant. We got hooked on our honeymoon here. Other fantastic dining choices would be the Cali Grill, Narcoossee's and Flying Fish.

2. Couples massage at the Grand Flo Spa. We love this.

3. Wishes cruise, or watch Wishes from the Poly or Grand Flo beach. :fworks:

4. Book a photographer for a private photo session at the MK. :photo:

5. Any evening at WS in Epcot is amazing. We love spending evenings here, trying wines and beers from various countries. :beer::marg::wine:

Have a magical honeymoon!! There's no better place to go! :groom::bride:

laurenC325
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
First I would like to thank all of you for your terrific responses. As I'm doing more research I realize I could of answered a few of my questions. I think i'm going to look into Magical Journeys.
Another question: From what I can tell there is only like a $500 difference between Pop and the moderate resorts. Is it worth the extra money? My fiancee says no but I disagree any opinons.
Thanks
:confused:

faline
11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
4. Book a photographer for a private photo session at the MK. :photo:

Try Stan (http://http://www.flmemories.com/)!

Tinkerbellfan
11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
First I would like to thank all of you for your terrific responses. As I'm doing more research I realize I could of answered a few of my questions. I think i'm going to look into Magical Journeys.
Another question: From what I can tell there is only like a $500 difference between Pop and the moderate resorts. Is it worth the extra money? My fiancee says no but I disagree any opinons.
Thanks
:confused:

Personally, I feel the moderates are a bit more romantic than the values. And, historically, Disney World has offerend some special discounts in October. So, you could book a value resort with Magic Journeys and tell them if a deal comes out - bump you up to one of the value resorts! That way, if a deal comes out, you get stay at a moderate for not as much money!

Emily
11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I'd agree with Tinkerbellfan. I say go ahead and spend the extra money for a moderate if you can. It's your honeymoon after all! :)

And I second the recommendation to contact Magical Journeys. :thumbsup: You'll be in very good hands!

Also just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! All the best to you and your fiance! :bride: :groom:

brewcrew26
11-03-2007, 10:12 PM
I tried to post yesterday but my computer was acting up. Grrr...

First, congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. There have already been a lot of great suggestions in the other posts.

My fiance and I are having our honeymoon in April. We've planned a Magic Kingdom photo shoot through Disney Photographic Services. We're also going to do a couples relaxation massage (I'm so excited for that!) And, we'll have a special dinner at Artist Point on our last evening.

I would definitely think about upgrading to a moderate. I personally love the romance of POR. If you like more of a Gone with the Wind feel then the plantation homes are great. Otherwise, you can have a rustic, out-of-the way feel with the bayou homes. But, there's great carriage rides and trails so its very beautiful.

Also, have you looked into the Honeymoon Registry where your friends and family can donate to your honeymoon fund? It might help if your fiance is on the edge of deciding between a value and a moderate.

Good luck with the planning! And, congrats again!!

BigRedDad
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Some HM suggestions I would make:

1. I would not stay at POP for a honeymoon. It is nice, but it is your HM and you will want a more luxurious room and bedding. The walls are thin at the value resorts, so what people do on honeymoons can be heard through the walls.

2. Golf is not too difficult because WDW has at least one course of their own. It is not cheap, but they do have it.

3. Dinner at Cali Grill during the fireworks.

4. Illuminations cruise

SurferStitch
11-05-2007, 11:27 AM
For a honeymoon, I would upgrade to a moderate.

Our favorite is CBR. POR was really bad both times we stayed in the mansions (dirty, musty, not cleaned at all, smelly, :sick:). Service was also bad (rude, not helpful at all, and seemed annoyed by the simplest request). POFQ might be better.

CBR is very tropical, quiet and laid back. Mousekeeping was excellent, and our room was perfect. CM's were very friendly and helpful.

If it were just a regular trip to WDW, I probably wouldn't waste the money on the moderate....we loved Pop. BUT....for a honeymoon.....go for it!