PDA

View Full Version : What to ask for from the Poly Concierge??

DDuck66
11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Well, May hours have now been posted and we are approaching our 180 day mark for ADR's. While we will call most of our own in, I do plan on asking the concierge for a couple of special ideas. What has anyone ever asked them for in the past?? I want to arrange a special fireworks cruise without the knowledge of my DW and there is no place to add it on the e-mail form that I send. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
186 day!!!!!:tikki::donald::tikki:

Polynesian Dweller
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
You will receive a letter from the Polynesian if you haven't already that will give you an email address for the Polynesian Intinerary Planning office and you can order things through that. I've ordered things like a bottle of wine that way. If something has a cost involved they will ask for a credit card number. In that case, I would call the Planning office rather than email it for security reasons. You will also get their phone number and fax number on the planning documents you'll receive as part of your package. For some reason I got that a couple of weeks after the 180 day mark which made ADRs a bit difficult.

TammiMcMan
11-02-2007, 07:44 PM
I agree with PolyDweller. Give them a call so that you can put your credit card number on file. You will need it for the fireworks cruise and if you have them pre-ordering any gifts or food items for you. I've had them help with an Illuminations cruise and they left an invitation for my family in our room. They also helped me with arranging a limo to pick us up at the airport.

You don't need to wait until the 180 day mark to send them the e-mail. If you know what you want, send it now and they'll put it into their computer system as a pending item. Feel free to add or change anything. I would suggest calling them asap as well. It may take you a while to actually talk to someone in person. So as not to play phone tag, try to give them a number that you can be easily reached at, like your cell phone.

If you need help with the contact info, just let me know.

Tinkerbellfan
11-02-2007, 08:20 PM
We were surprised and happy to get a response from the Wilderness Lodge Concierge that they booked all of our dining reservations before the 180 day mark. This helped us get the hard to get reservations at the perfect timing like California Grill during Wishes. They also booked our Mickey's Christmas party tickets AND our Wildlife Excursion Safari reservation. They will need a credit card to book everything.

DDuck66
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for everyone's advice. I sent my letter to them today and will call them on Tuesday with a CC#. Our 180 day mark is not until November 12th, so we should be okay on all of our ADR's.

TammiMcMan
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM
They will need a credit card to book everything.Only for booking those things that need a guarantee. For standard ADR's, a credit card number is not necessary.