PDA

View Full Version : Which month would you choose? Oct, Nov or Dec?

Tink#64
11-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Which month would you prefer to visit WDW? October, November or December?

Here's our dillema. DH just started a new job so we won't be able to visit WDW in May like we have in the past. October '08 will be the soonest we can visit. I've read so many great things about MNSSHP & since we didn't visit WDW this year (we went to the beach in SC instead :blush:), I don't know if I want to wait much longer to return! (DS's have a fall break at school the first part of October)

We could wait until Nov or Dec & be able to do MVMCP instead, but we'd have to go during those really crowded school breaks, & I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to visit all the attractions that we are used to doing.

I've read that the weather in October is almost identical to May, which we are used to & think it's great for the parks & the pools! I haven't even talked to DH because I know that he wants to visit at Christmas time so badly, that I think he wouldn't even care if we didn't get to do anything except be there! Any & all advise would be so appreciated. Please help!

Mickey 101
11-02-2007, 01:57 AM
I would vote for early in December personally. The weather was too hot for us in October and it was pretty busy, too. December is very nice weather and not as many crowds. The Christmas parade is filmed toward the beginning of the month, but that doesn't seem to have a big impact on the wait times on rides, although it does make Main Street kind of congested on filming days. Even if you need to work around school breaks, we were at WDW 12/21-31 last year and the parks didn't get that crowded until 12/26. Prior to that, we were pleasantly surprised how manageable it was to get around and get on attractions as long as you had a strategy. Sorry.......can't comment on November. It's been too many years since I've gone that month. Whatever you choose.......have a fun time planning and a great trip!! :mickey:

faline
11-02-2007, 05:25 AM
If you're limited to school breaks, I'd go in October for the least amount of crowds.

CanadianWDWFan
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
We have done both early October and early December. While I like Christmas time at the parks, it was Halloween that really got to me this year. We so enjoyed the MNSSHP more than MVMCP. While we liked the Christmas party, we just prefered the Halloween one. The fireworks to both are both equally impressive.

The weather is better in October, when we were there in December we had to dress for all tremperature ranges.

As for crowds, I say that they were about the same for both time that we have been.

DDuck66
11-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I chose Oct and MNSSHP. We always go at that time of year...but we are going to the MVMCP in December for the first time this year.

MsMin
11-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I prefer December but I would choose October if it were past Dec. 23rd. It gets too crowded for me starting on the 22nd. We enjoyed Oct. this year but I'm going to miss my pre-Christmas trip this year. The Food and Wine Fest. was great and the weather was near perfect. I say near b/c we had some 90 degree days but at least we didn't have rain. I prefer MVMCP over MNSSHP. I found the crowds a little heavier in Oct than it was in mid Dec. Try to book as much as you can away from the wknds! I'm sure it would be a fantastic trip regardless of what you decide.

tennantsrwe
11-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I vote Dec. We love WDW around the Christmas holiday. The decorations and festivities are unmatched! MVMCP is a blast, we wouldn't miss it. I understand the holiday crowd issue and if there is any way you can maybe work with the school to get you DS out for a few days before the actual break, do it. (Maybe this is horrible but our oldest DD is missing an entire week in Dec to beat the crowds. Although her teachers were ok with it, maybe not the case where you are?) I'd like to go once in October to see the Halloween stuff, but being for the south I don't want to be hoofing it all around the parks in May-like heat. At least in December its usually very pleasant and dry. Hope this helps!

Tink#64
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow, the poles show December & the MVMCP as the favorite, but more posts with October being the fav! Very interesting.

I thank you all for your help and sharing your experiences. After talking with DH, even though I know he'd love to be at WDW for Christmas, he agrees that the weather & crowd levels would probably be more condusive for us being able to experience eveything that we want to in WDW in October. :mpumpkin:

But we've both agreed that planning a trip to WDW at Christmas is definitely in our future plans!:santa:

Thanks to all!:tiphat:

goofysbabe
11-06-2007, 08:36 AM
I voted for December - I've been there(the first week) and it's just beautifully decorated. The crowd was not bad and the weather was great! If I had my pick I'd go every year at that time:cloud9:

DisneyorBust
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
My vote went to December and MVMCP.
I have been to WDW for both October and December, inc MNSSHP AND MVMCP.
I just have a preference for the Christmas Holiday, decorations, story tellers etc and the time of year over the other choices.

iheartdisney
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
If you've never been to MNSSHP then you MUST go in October! Especially to satisfy your WDW cravings that much sooner. Everyone should experience the Halloween theme at Magic Kingdom at least once. Then, on your next trip...my favorite time of year is December - just after they tape the Christmas Parade (1st weekend) and just before all of the Christmas Break visitors arrive. To me, the magic of Disney World and the magic of Christmas all wrapped up together - there is NOTHING better!

illini
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
October for a variety of reasons. Better weather, MNSSHP, and less crowds (if you're talking school break times in Nov/Dec). I love October and hope to be able to go at that time of year again.

Tink#64
11-07-2007, 12:46 AM
DH & I talked last night, and decided that we'll plan for October. By that time it will have been 2 & 1/2 years since we've visited and we're already having serious withdrawal! We feel like, from all we've heard that the MNSSHP will be alot of fun & that the weather & crowds might be more condusive to our being able to visit all the attractions that we'd like.

We've both agreed a Christmas time trip will be planned maybe as soon as 09! We've asked DS's (now 10 & 11) about being in WDW over Christmas & they both said "NO!". They want to be at home. DH & I both would love to be at WDW on Christmas Day! I guess we'll have to plan for a little earlier in December to make everyone happy!

Thank you all to my support group here at Intercot! You're the best! :rocks:

Harriet
11-07-2007, 05:03 AM
I voted for November. I did this last time and it was wonderful. Your issue is valid as far as crowds. You will have both either in November or December. I choose November as the weather was more plesant over December. I like December as well as long as I can avoid the Taping and Christmas week. I have been in October and it was very hard on me as the weather was Hot and then Ice cold at times. Also keep in mine October is Regular season so it cost more. It would be nice if you could sneak a couple days before or after the holiday break.

brownie
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
If you're limited to school breaks, I'd go in October for the least amount of crowds.

That would be my recommenation, too.

Tink#64
11-07-2007, 11:52 PM
If we do October, we'd be arriving either Sept. 26th or 27th, which according to the latest info that I've seen, would still be value season. I realize that now the pricing has changed, and that the charges for the resort would change with the change of WDW's season's, but we'd only be in regular season for a couple of the days of our trip!

I think we've really decided on the early October, DS's have a 2 - 1/12 day school week that they'd miss, I think we can make up with no prob, & we're missing WDW so much already after not visiting this year, I don't know how we're going to wait that long.

DH says that he never thought that we'd go at Christmas time next year, but really wants to be able to do so in the next few years. I was just torn, knowing how much he'd (me too) really like to visit at that time. But also knowing that we'd not have the same kind of trip that we've always experienced in May, lower crowds, decent weather, & being able to fit into our schedule, everything that we REALLY wanted to do in 8 or 9 days.

I love this site and it's so nice to know so many people out there feel the way we do about WDW and are there to share your experience and info about WDW!

:rocks: :grouphug:

mudpuppysmom
11-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I voted for December.......I'm a big sucker for Christmas and that time at Disney is just super magical!!! It really got me in the spirit!!

You say you will more than likely go the very end of Sept/beginning of October. We have gone at this same time period before and you will get to behold the F&W festival too I believe.....It usually starts the very end of September. Also, you can take in MNSSHP!!! We did all this two years ago and had a great time wandering around WS during the day two days and one evening we went to MK for the Halloween party -- TOO much candy!!!

I'm sure whatever you ultimately decide you are going to have a wonderful vacation!!

Disneyatic
11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I voted for December.
We went mid-September this year and will NEVER go back this time of year again.
It was miserably humid which made the 85 degree days seem like 100 degree days that zapped our energy instantly (we are from Texas=used to heat!) and it rained every single day for a few hours. I expected humidity and rain, but not to the extent we got it!
We were so excited about MNSSHP and it rained almost the whole night. DD is not the type of kid that will keep on going thru the rain, so we missed out on what was still going on at the party.
Although crowds weren't large, they weren't as small as we expected during that time frame.

We are going back in December 2008 and hoping that the dreaded humidity will be gone. Plus I can't wait to see everything with the decorations up!