PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites

Pages : [1] 2

NotaGeek
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Here it is folks!

From Reality Blurred.com:

Survivor’s second all-star season is currently being filmed in Palau, the location for the show’s 10th season, according to reports.
Production started Monday, and Palau’s 10th season “locations will reprise their roles for Tribal Camps, Tribal Council, Challenges, Production Facilities, Loser Lodge, and the Ponderosa,” according to Survivor Maps.
TV Squad runs down the rumored participants for the second all-star edition, which will feature only contestants from seasons nine to 15. One rumored contestant is Julie Berry, which is suspicious because she is dating Jeff Probst.

Melanie
11-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Nooooo. Really? Hmmmm.

pixiesmimi
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Man! I'm really getting tired of these replays of the reality shows aka All Stars. Come up with some new ideas or take it off. It really gets old when you see the same people on everything.

I'm surprised they are already filming the next show when this one isn't off yet. How does Jeff show up in two different places? Oh, yeah. This one is prerecorded. Duh! :)

Ian
11-02-2007, 07:02 AM
I know it's not the most popular opinion, but I actually really like the All Star editions.

My biggest problem with most reality shows is that it takes me 10 weeks to develop a serious rooting interest in someone.

With All Stars, it's much less, because I already know them.

murphy1
11-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Here is a list of who they are possibly having, it could change. Most of you might remember I am friends with Parvati's family, so that was cool for her to possibly be asked back, but we kind of knew. I love Ozzy, I thought he would win, it would be fun to see him in the challenges again:

Survivor 9: Vanuatu Eliza Orlins who placed 4th
Julie Berry who placed 5th (and Jeff Probst's girlfriend)
Ami Cusack who placed 6th
Survivor 10: Palau Katie Gallagher who placed 2nd
Ian Rosenberger who placed 3rd
Jenn Lyon who placed 4th
Coby Archa who placed 9th
Survivor 11: Guatemala Lydia Morales who placed 4th
Judd Sergeant who placed 6th
Gary Hogeboom who placed 7th
Survivor 12: Panama Terry Deitz who placed 3rd
Cirie Fields who placed 4th
Shane Powers who placed 5th
Survivor 13: Cook Islands Ozzy Lusth who placed 2nd
Parvati Shallow who placed 6th
Jonathan Penner who placed 7th
Survivor 14:Fiji Yau-Man Chan who placed 4th
Michelle YI who placed 10th
Survivor 15:China Courtney
James

Ian
11-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Hmmm ... I could do without seeing Shane again ...

I'm shocked he'd leave his son again after all the hysterics last time.

offwego
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
And courtney seems like an odd choice too.

But I agree with Ian I kinda like the all-star ones (in particular with Survivor where the type of person is so important!)

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2007, 12:03 PM
If this is a true list I'd love to see Yau-Man or Ozzie win it. It's also nice to see no winners on the list.

thrillme
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Bummer on Courtney. I haven't gotten past wanting to slap the dickens out of her THIS season. If I never see that little....:thedolls: it will be too soon...

However I'm going to LOVE seeing Yao Mon and Ozzy.

KarenP
11-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Hmmm ... I could do without seeing Shane again ...

I'm shocked he'd leave his son again after all the hysterics last time.

I'm with you on this! He really creeped me out when he was on before. Not looking forward to hearing him whine again either.

pixiesmimi
11-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Ewww! Shane! :down: I had enough of him the last time! Can't believer they didn't vote him off sooner. I guess from this list that neither James nor Courtney win this episode. Maybe this should have been posted as a spoiler??? I was hoping James would win right now. I may change my mind later but I have been rooting for him so far.

d_m_n_n
11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I know it's not the most popular opinion, but I actually really like the All Star editions.

My biggest problem with most reality shows is that it takes me 10 weeks to develop a serious rooting interest in someone.

With All Stars, it's much less, because I already know them.

I like the All-Stars too for the same reason. Sometimes I think it makes the game more interesting when everybody has seen how the other competitors play. That influences alliances and votes (remember Richard Hatch "I've been bamboozled" :D ).

I didn't start watching China (my TIVO can only handle so much :blush: ), but will definitely pick up the All Stars. Glad to see Yau-man, Michelle and Ozzie back. :thumbsup:

Disneypixie513
11-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Cool! I'd love to Ozzy and Yau-man again! I really hope they don't bring back Courtney..I can't stand her this season..She's a skinny,whiney brat..Geez..Half of these people i don't even remember :-/

Bethis26fan
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm with you on this! He really creeped me out when he was on before. Not looking forward to hearing him whine again either.

add me to that list too, ugh lol

Ian
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
And courtney seems like an odd choice too.I wonder what that means in terms of how well she does or doesn't do this season? Seems like there are no winners on the list, so ....

If this is a true list I'd love to see Yau-Man or Ozzie win it.Agreed. I really liked both of them.

I'm with you on this! He really creeped me out when he was on before. Not looking forward to hearing him whine again either.He totally reminds me of DW's friend's loser husband. Everytime he came on the screen I wanted to belt him in the mouth!

Momof2boys
11-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Although some names sound familiar, I'm lost as to who some of them are. I agree with Ian about already knowing everyone and being able to root for (or against) someone early on because we know them better.

bleukarma
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I enjoyed the last All Stars, but I think I’ve only seen 1 season between season 9 and 15 (but I’m watching China now). I don’t remember the season I watched, so everybody will be new to me. If I remember correctly, the first All Stars had a millionaire in it so there is still hope for James or Courtney. It will be hard for me watch Courtney some more though!!!

SBETigg
12-17-2007, 10:17 AM
I've seen the revised supposed list for the Fans and Favorites show and it features ten past players only, with a team of newcomers to the game going up against them. Some of the people on Shari's list will be there but others won't, and some people who weren't named will be taking part. It could be that the list I saw was wrong, too.

TheDuckRocks
12-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I've seen the revised supposed list for the Fans and Favorites show and it features ten past players only, with a team of newcomers to the game going up against them. Some of the people on Shari's list will be there but others won't, and some people who weren't named will be taking part. It could be that the list I saw was wrong, too.

Sherri, could you post what you have seen? I promise I won't hold you to it if it's wrong.

SBETigg
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know. I'll PM you, Kay. If anyone else wants to know, PM me and I'll tell you what I saw.

murphy1
12-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Ooh, I want to know too!! Can you write it in white?? You can PM me if you rather :) but I know other people want to see it. I'll send back to who emailed me the original list, I haven't heard anything else on this thing.

SBETigg
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I've had a lot of PMs on this. Can I post it in white, would that be okay with everyone? I know some people hate spoilers.

Okay, list below in white- if you don't want to see, don't highlight. And keep in mind, it could be wrong.

Amanda from China
James from China
Yau-Man
Ozzy
Jonathan
Parvati
Cirie
Ami
Eliza
Jon "Jonny Fairplay" Dalton (!?)

Carol
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Fairplay Heads Up Survivor's New All-Stars
by Gina Serpe

Good news for fans of antagonistic television. Bad news for Johnny Fairplay's grandmother.

The Survivor: Pearl Islands schemer is one of 20 castaways tapped by CBS to battle it out on Survivor: Micronesia—Fans vs. Favorites.

On the upcoming 16th installment of the reality stalwart, 10 all-stars will vie against 10 wannabes for the chance to outwit, outplay and outlast each other for the $1 million prize.

Leading the list of all-stars is Jon "Johnny Fairplay" Dalton, arguably one of the series' most notorious contestants. Prior to publicly tussling with Danny Bonaduce, Dalton made headlines by conning his fellow castaways into believing his grandmother had died in order to win an immunity challenge.

Also coming back for seconds: Vanuatu's Eliza Orlins and Amy Cusack, Panama's Cirie Fields, Cook Islands' Jonathan Penner, Ozzy Lusth and Parvati Shallow, Fiji's Yau-Man Chan and China's Amanda Kimmel.

The only two casts since 2004's Survivor: All-Stars not to be represented this time around are Palau and Guatemala. According to Entertainment Weekly, Palau winner Tom Westman was originally asked by producers to participate in the season but declined the offer. As a result, no previous winners are in the running.

For his part, Fairplay is the only cast member in the current lineup who predates the previous all-star installment—something he publicly groused about at the time.

Aside from the familiar faces, the show will again feature an Exile Island, something which was dropped from the last go-round in China in lieu of a kidnap concept.

Another familiar element loyal viewers can look forward to: the scenery.

Survivor: Micronesia, which wrapped production in late 2007, filmed on the Rock Islands, the same location that was used on Survivor: Palau.

Jeff Probst will again play ringmaster as the show favorites battle with a group described by CBS as ultra-fans when the show kicks off Feb. 7.

Here's a full rundown of both tribes:

FAVORITES:
Yau-Man Chan, 55, Survivor: Fiji, computer engineer
James Clement, 30, Survivor: China, grave digger
Ami Cusack, 34, Survivor: Vanuatu, nanny
Johnny Fairplay, 33, Survivor: Pearl Islands, professional wrestler/reality star
Cirie Fields, 37, Survivor: Panama, O.R. coordinating nurse
Amanda Kimmel, 23, Survivor: China, fashion designer
Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, 26, Survivor: Cook Islands, freelance photographer/writer
Eliza Orlins, 25, Survivor: Vanuatu, law school student
Jonathan Penner, 45, Survivor: Cook Islands, writer/producer
Parvati Shallow, 25, Survivor: Cook Islands, nonprofit organizer

FANS:
Joel Anderson, 32, firefighter
Natalie Bolton, 32, bartender/personal trainer
Michael "Mikey B" Bortone, 34, aspiring writer/actor
Tracy Hughes-Wolf, 43, commercial and residential builder
Alexis Jones, 24, motivational speaker
Erik Reichenbach, 22, art student
Mary Sartain, 29, real estate/financial company owner
Jason Siska, 22, gymnastics coach/student
Kathleen Sleckman, 45, gold course vendor
Chet Welch, 48, pharmacy customer service/pageant coach

Melanie
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
The official site (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor16/) is up on CBS.

I'm happy to see Ozzy, Yau-Man and James back. It's such an interesting concept and can't wait to see it play out. :search:

SBETigg
01-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I was really shocked when I heard that Fairplay was coming back. I didn't want to believe it, with his recent behavior with Danny Bonaduce and things I'd heard in the past about Jeff Probst's problems with him. I'd heard that Probst had made sure that Dalton would be banned from any Survivor events at which Jeff Probst would be attending. Maybe it was just a rumor? But sheesh, this may be one time I approve of a team throwing a challenge-- anything to be rid of that character.

pixiesmimi
01-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I think what Johnny did was so dispicable that I am sad to see him back. I'm really surprised that the show is putting him back on. Let's hope everyone else thinks so and he is the first to go.

murphy1
01-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Where is Ozzy in that picture? Is he in the back with short hair? I don't know if I can watch, it was too nervewracking before watching someone I know on there, but she looks to be one of the stronger competitors. Oh, I think it would be funny if she ended up like "Romber" with the million and Ozzy or some other guy (not Johnny). I hope someone gets one over on Johnny, that was a horrible thing to do. A few of them are definitely on for ratings purposes.

Carol
01-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I'd like to know how CBS picked 'favorites'. There are only two or three in that group I care to see again. In fact many are people I didn't enjoy watching the first time they were on. :ack:

SBETigg
01-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Shari, yes, it looks like Ozzy is in back, right side, with the short hair.

Carol, I think it probably depended on who was willing to come back and what they were willing to accept for reimbursement. The first time they had a Survivor All-Stars, the returning cast all came in with agents and negotiated their pay demands. Richard Hatch (the most costly returner), for instance, reportedly wouldn't accept less than a certain amount no matter what place he was voted out. It became expensive because the producers had to greatly exceed the amounts they normally pay for last place, etc.

I'm not sure what negotiations went on this time, but it's possible that some people priced themselves too high. Or maybe it was simply that difficult to come up with enough favorites. The past few seasons haven't produced a lot of stand-outs. I do like most of the cast, though. Yau-Man, Cirie, Ozzy, and James definitely became favorites. Parvati ranked consistently high in the website popularity ratings. The rest seem to be fillers (to me, Ami and Eliza never stood out much, and Jonathan was annoying at best) and then there's Jonny Fairplay, obviously there to shake things up.

murphy1
02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm so excited, Mike and Gale are throwing a private Survivor party at a nearby establishment for Parvati, so we're going to that to watch the show! I told dh that he could take the kids home earlier if he wants, he isn't as much into the shows like me. I'm not sure if Parvati will be there or stayed in L.A., I'd love to see her, plus I don't get out as much as I used to, so this will be fun, they are a fun family.

SBETigg
02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm so excited, Mike and Gale are throwing a private Survivor party at a nearby establishment for Parvati, so we're going to that to watch the show! I told dh that he could take the kids home earlier if he wants, he isn't as much into the shows like me. I'm not sure if Parvati will be there or stayed in L.A., I'd love to see her, plus I don't get out as much as I used to, so this will be fun, they are a fun family.

Ooh, fun! I hope she's there, but fun either way. Tell us if you hear any scoop. I mean, PM me. I don't want to encourage spoilers. :secret:

ChipnDaleGal
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I'd like to know how CBS picked 'favorites'. There are only two or three in that group I care to see again. In fact many are people I didn't enjoy watching the first time they were on. :ack:

I don't understand their "favorite" picks either. I am rooting for Ozzy to win, unless I like someone on the fan side better. And Yau-man and James are the only ones that I care to see again on the favorite side.

If Johnny Fairplay is off the charts obnoxious it will have me fast forwarding though all of his scenes. Yuck! :sick:

BostonChic
02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I am excited its on tonight :joy: My husband and I have seen every Season :number1:

Ian
02-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd like to know how CBS picked 'favorites'. There are only two or three in that group I care to see again. In fact many are people I didn't enjoy watching the first time they were on. :ack:I agree. This is an underwhelming list, to say the least.

I'm sorry, but I found Parvarti incredibly irritating, fake, and obnoxious the first time around. The last thing I want is to have to live through that again.

And Johnny Fairplay?? Please ... honestly, if he comes off as some over-the-top villain this season I may have to stop watching.

Ozzy will probably be my favorite going in ... maybe Yau ... but honestly I'm kinda hoping that the newbies produce some good new talent, because otherwise this could be a very annoying season of Survivor.

SBETigg
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I went to the website and some of the newbies looked like they could be worth watching. I'm also guessing that Fairplay doesn't stick around long. I would vote him off first chance I got. So it all depends on what happens when the so-called favorites lose for the first time. Will they want someone around who is obnoxious and they can't trust? I don't think so. The thing with the favorites is they all have an idea of what they can expect from each other.

On Live with Regis and Kelly, Probst said there was a hot and heavy romance in this group. I wonder who that will involve? Interesting.

Ian
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
One thing I will say ... the way the early dynamics develop in this show will be interesting.

I would assume (and this may be written somewhere already and I just missed it) that the will divide the tribes between the veterans and the newbies. That means that we won't have to worry about all the experienced players banding together to boot the noobs. It'll give time for them to get used to the game and get their feet under them before they have to go head-to-head with the vets.

But if they do any tribe shake-ups or anything, it could get very interesting very quickly!

Carol
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I found Parvarti incredibly irritating, fake, and obnoxious the first time around. The last thing I want is to have to live through that again.Me too. :ack:

I watched an hour special over the weekend on TV Guide Network. It was a behind the scenes show and introduced everyone. Jeff also gave some insight on the Fairplay thing. Although most people despise him - he is still the most talked about Survivor. Hence they are bringing him back.

I can understand that - but still ......

There is one gal on the Fans side that Jeff really thinks can win - if she plays her cards right.

Melanie
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Interesting insight from you guys. I'm very excited for the premiere tonight. :search:

ChipnDaleGal
02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
That was wonderful!! I liked the fans beating the favorites. And I loved Johnny Fairplay getting the old heave ho right off the bat!! :thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
02-07-2008, 11:44 PM
A great start!! How great it is that Fairplay is off the show!! I am sick that they even brought him back!!

pixiesmimi
02-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm excited to see James and Yau Man again but I think the new "big guy" will give them a run for their money. It was almost like it was fixed the way the new guys beat the favorites tonight. Way too easy! DH and I couldn't figure out if Jonny was playing everyone and thinking that if he used the "poor me" physcology that everyone would keep him but thank goodness that didn't work! But after hearing his comments afterwards, I wonder if he just did the show to get the public opinion of him to change and planned it this way all along. I told DH I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to be his girlfriend in the first place and wonder if that was another "Grandma" story. Even Jeff didn't act like he believed him. It really seems to tick Jeff off when someone quits, especially after they have spent all that money bringing them on the show. I see some potential on the Fan side but I can see some going home real quick. This may end up being an interesting season. I just hope it is better than the last one was.

SBETigg
02-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Wow, I didn't think Jon Dalton would last long, but I didn't think he would be out of there quite so fast. I was right there with his teammates suspecting he was pulling something over.

Can you believe how fast the Favorites are coupling up? Sure, it worked for Rob and Amber, but I can't imagine the rest of them would want to see a repeat of that. But maybe the fact that there are two couples making a foursome gives them a better shot. It just seems like a bad move for now. They were all too quick to scramble into alliances on that side. The newcomers might prove more interesting.

Melanie
02-08-2008, 07:17 AM
I can't believe how quickly the favorites (I wish they'd call them the 'formers' or something like that instead) grouped up. I guess they all kinda know each other. And the couple thing is very interesting. I really don't care for Parvarti or Eliza, and especially Parvarti's 'flirting' strategy. I hope they are gone quickly!

The only one standing out for me on the fans side is Micky D (who calls themselves that?). He seems like a good guy so far. The lady who got the immunity idol seems a little wacky.

Carol
02-08-2008, 07:45 AM
The lady who got the immunity idol seems a little wacky.Oh my. I sat here with my mouth open. I could not believe some of the things she was saying. Oy. :jaw: She might be a fan - but certainly didn't watch enough to know to keep her mouth shut and not alienate people. :rolleyes:

especially Parvarti's 'flirting' strategy. I find that sickening - especially with that phony smile pasted on her face for the cameras. :ack:

I really didn't remember much about Eliza until I saw her last night. She is a good player though when it comes to strategies.

but I think the new "big guy" will give them a run for their money. Jeff said in interviews - he is an amazing person and athlete. It certainly puts pressure on the Favorites and James.

Glad Fairplay is gone. :joy: You could certainly hear the dislike in Jeff's voice whenever they talked to each other.

And it was nice to hear the applause for Yau.

murphy1
02-08-2008, 09:57 AM
We had a blast at Survivor Party! The funniest part was looking over at Gale anytime Parvati would start the flirting or say something. I think she turned 10 shades of red at one point! It was hilarious! (That is her real smile) She said Johnny Fairplay is actually as obnoxious as he seems, but does play it up more for the cameras and they needed to get him off, he was too much a wildcard and nauseating. I asked her if the guy would say something was wrong with the pregnancy to get things his way, yep, he really would:ack:. The other players were trying to get rid of Ozzy and Parv first b/c they are stronger competitors. Ended up being just me and Lindsey going and she had a great time. I also got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile. We loved seeing Yau and Ozzy back, too! This was a room of engineers, so Yau was definitely a big favorite! Ozzy is a doll! We will probably have a few more get togethers, I really enjoyed watching it with other people and it was fun to get out of the house.

Here are some pics (her Uncle made the buttons we wore)these are me and dd, and Gale and Mike:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bsga&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5

valjane
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
See, I have a theory about the Jonny Fairplay thing. I thinkt he producers wanted him on the show because they knew people would tune in to see him. But Fairplay is a big enough "celebrity" now that he probably didn't feel the need to stick it out through much of the season.

My guess is that they made a deal that he would be let go after one episode. Of course, I've long believed that portions of the show are fixed anyway. ;)

I haven't watched Survivor in a few years, but tuned in last night out of curiosity. I like the Fans a lot better than the Favorites!

I also find it weird that the Favorites were mostly from recent seasons (the ones I didn't watch). What happened to all the other favorites from earlier seasons?

ChipnDaleGal
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
See, I have a theory about the Jonny Fairplay thing. I thinkt he producers wanted him on the show because they knew people would tune in to see him. But Fairplay is a big enough "celebrity" now that he probably didn't feel the need to stick it out through much of the season.

My guess is that they made a deal that he would be let go after one episode. Of course, I've long believed that portions of the show are fixed anyway. ;)

A co-worker and I were just discussing that same theory. It felt a little staged, didn't it? We are thinking that Fairplay was paid to make an appearance with the intention of him being out early. Feels like they were just trying to some controversy to spark more interest in this season. I actually don't care at this point, I am just glad he is gone. I hope Parvati is next. I do not enjoy watching her antics either.

Ian
02-08-2008, 10:22 AM
For some reason, I really liked last night's episode. I don't know what it was, but there were a few moments where I was just laughing out loud over stuff. I found it very entertaining.

Glad Fairplay is gone, whatever the reason ... he's so smarmy and oily that I feel dirty just watching him. Buh-bye!

My opinion of Parvarti hasn't changed, either. She was just as annoying as last time.

Love the Yao, man! I'm pulling for him all the way ... who else besides me was thrilled when he slammed Fairplay's head into the boat??

Disneypixie513
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I was..actually kinda sad to see Johnny go home..Is that wrong? :confused: :)
Parvarti got on my nerves very quickly..Why oh why did She pick James to flirt with? I like James alot and I don't want him to turn into a Boston Rob type to protect Her from getting voted out..
I was really happy to see Yau-Man and Ozzy again!
No one on the Fans really sticks out to me quite yet.

SBETigg
02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
We had a blast at Survivor Party! The funniest part was looking over at Gale anytime Parvati would start the flirting or say something. Here are some pics (her Uncle made the buttons we wore)these are me and dd, and Gale and Mike:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bsga&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5

Shari, that is so great that you got to enjoy the show at a party. Parvati really looks like her mom, hm? You and your dd were looking good, too. :) Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you were watching with Gale when Parvati was ogling James. Woo-hoo. ;)

Emily
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Well I guess I'll be the odd one out. I like Yau-Man and Ozzy, but I also like Jonathan. :blush: I don't know why really, but I liked him last time he was on, and he's one of the main reasons I'm watching this go around. Hope he sticks around for awhile.

The chick on the fans tribe with the verbal diarrhea (Kathleen?) has got to go. :rolleyes: I can see her getting annoying really quickly. Hard to say so far who else I will like on that tribe, but Mikey B (nice name) and Jason look somewhat promising.

And seeing the preview for next week, looks like Ozzy is getting down pretty hardcore with someone - that Amanda chick I guess? I really don't want to have to watch that kind of stuff all season. :sick:

Melanie
02-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I like Jonathan too, Emily. He's never bothered me.

I'm not sure what it is with Amanda, but to me she seems much older than she is, and I think it's a little awkward her being with Ozzy.

Tink&Goofy
02-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Well I found last nights opening episode a little on the boring side myself. I thought the Fans worked better together as a team - maybe they don't have all those egos yet.

I too think that Johnny Fairplay's exit was planned - at least on his part. Made me kind of wonder what they paid him to be part of the Favorites for the show.

The run-at-the-mouth on the fan side is sure to go very soon - at least we can hope. I find her rather creepy myself.

I really like Ozzy - but I'm not sure about his new cut - I liked the the longer locks look on him. I really didn't even recognize him at first.

murphy1
02-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Emily, I'll let you know when our next Survivor get together night is, I want to go again, it's a fun group (a few single guys, too!). The one big thing Ozzy needs to do is strategize better, he relies too much on his physical attributes. I know a lot of girls in the South do the whole flirty thing, I think I'm just so used to seeing it so much. I agree though about that getting on the nerves, even her mom was not too keen after she told her it was toned down this time. Did anyone think that the teams were unfair for the challenge? They had a lot more strength on the side of the fans, but I guess they didn't know how to get things together in the beginning like the favs. Oh, Johnny's daughter was born last Wednesday.

SBETigg
02-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Just last Wednesday for Jonny's daughter's birth, Shari? I assumed it had been longer than that since filming. But good to know that he wasn't making it up. ;) Maybe parenthood will change him.

I totally agree with you, Tink&Goofy (and Valerie and Donna). I also wondered if Jon's exit strategy was planned in advance and if he got any kind of extra bonus for the deal, as if perhaps they wanted the publicity of having him on board for the shock value, but didn't actually want to deal with him for long. He opens his mouth and it is hard to believe one word is genuine now. It did make for a boring first tribal council. I hope the show picks up and we see more than just the Favorites hooking up and the Fans outplaying them.

murphy1
02-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Sorry, it was a couple weeks ago Wednesday! Here is the excerpt, but I didn't post the last couple of paragraphs b/c his Top Model girlfriend kept talking about how fat she was, pleeezze! She is a gorgeous baby though!

Survivor: Pearl Island's Jon 'Jonny Fairplay' Dalton, 33, and America's Next Top Model: Cycle 4's Michelle Deighton, 22, introduce their daughter Piper Addison, now 3 weeks, in the latest issue of Life & Style. Piper weighed in at 6 lbs, 7 oz when she was born by emergency c-section on Wednesday, January 16th.

pixiesmimi
02-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I never could imagine why anyone would want to be Jonny's girlfriend because he is so obnoxious but sure can't understand it being a Top Model. Each to his own taste, I guess. I wonder how long it is from the time the show is finished until airing because the baby was born about a month ago and Jonny said she was 7 months along the other night.

I too wonder if all of this was staged for the ratings with Jonny.

disneydrmr
02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Love the Yao, man! I'm pulling for him all the way ... who else besides me was thrilled when he slammed Fairplay's head into the boat??

:joy::clappy::yay: Does that answer your question? :D

Oh, Johnny's daughter was born last Wednesday.

Survivor: Pearl Island's Jon 'Jonny Fairplay' Dalton, 33, and America's Next Top Model: Cycle 4's Michelle Deighton, 22, introduce their daughter Piper Addison, now 3 weeks, in the latest issue of Life & Style. Piper weighed in at 6 lbs, 7 oz when she was born by emergency c-section on Wednesday, January 16th.

I never could imagine why anyone would want to be Jonny's girlfriend because he is so obnoxious but sure can't understand it being a Top Model. Each to his own taste, I guess.

Well hopefully the baby looks NOTHING like it's father.. and that it inherits NONE of it's father's personality traits...

Anyway... I'm rooting for the fans (except for the obnoxious lady). I agree that the 'Favorites' should really be called "Formers"... the only ones I like and would root for would be James, Ozzy, Yau,and Cirie. Will be an interesting season... especially with the "Two people exile island' thing they talked about on the next episode preview...

2Epcot
02-11-2008, 09:26 AM
I actually watched and enjoyed this new Survivor ... Dare I actually watch two seasons in a row? I had quit watching this show. I'm not sure if I will stick out the whole season with Big Brother starting and American Idol on, but it is fun to see the super fans against the favorites from the past ... even though I missed many of the seasons some of these favorites were on.

JanetMegan
02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
No comments on last night yet?

I thought Chet really stunk last night, the favorites are going to really start failing if they vote of strong people over and over again. Although I did like the way it was done ;)

Ian
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm actually enjoying this season so far. It seems like these people are pretty smart (the fans, that is) and making good choices. I liked that they chose to vote Mary off instead of going the easy route of voting for Chet.

Chet did perform poorly in that challenge, but Mary and Mikey B were clearly turning into a power couple. It looks like Joel is going to be a force to be reckoned with in this game.

offwego
02-15-2008, 09:08 AM
It was very interesting..and Ozzy and Amanda sure seemed oblivious didn't they?

And speaking of oblivious Chet sure didn't click that he wasn't hustling did he?

Weird vote though and I'm surprised no one else thought that Joel was taking the power that they didn't want Mikey to have.

SBETigg
02-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I thought voting Mary instead of Chet at this point was a stupid move. Joel was just bent that Mikey seemed to be leading more than Joel was. If Joel was playing smart, he would have stayed under the radar a while, let Mikey play leader, and then steered the rest to cull Mary from the pack a little down the road.

Right now, they need to win challenges and Chet was abyssmal out there. If he was simply not pulling his weight or phoning it in, they could afford him now. But he's weak enough to hold the rest of them back, which means he should have gone before he costs them more wins.

Also, these people are fans- which means they should know how to play the game. You need to fit in. If you feel left out, get over it and make the effort. Separating off and acting all put out and shunned has never helped anyone stay in the game. True, they may have been shunned, but further setting yourself off in a corner doesn't change that or help the situation. Unreal. I was very disappointed in the Fans this week.

Ian
02-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Right now, they need to win challenges and Chet was abyssmal out there. If he was simply not pulling his weight or phoning it in, they could afford him now. But he's weak enough to hold the rest of them back, which means he should have gone before he costs them more wins.I disagree. I think that's the tactic people use most of the time, but I don't agree with it.

First of all, if you know people are weak physically you can play around that in challenges. You assign them to put puzzles together or open locks or something ... you just don't put them in the physical part of the challenge.

Secondly, you can get rid of a weak player any time you want. No one likes Chet and he's certainly not going to win any individual immunity. He's easy prey ...

disneydrmr
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Was it my eyes playing tricks on me or did Joel actually place his vote for Tracy and NOT Mary as he was telling everyone else to do? I went to the official website to try to check this out and I can't find where they list out who voted for whom as they have done in years past. I am liking this season (especially since I do NOT have to watch Fairplay :sick:)

murphy1
02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I sat in bed watching on and off. I saw the challenge, it was fantastic. Love Ozzy and they at least knew where to stick people on their team (James not swimming, putting the right girls in the physical part), it was fun to watch them (Jonathan was starting to blow it though, glad he got the key). Ozzy is so fun to watch, just love him. Joel (aka Piazza lookalike) scares me, he seems like he might be a little crazy, but that whole vote thing was brilliant. Why, why, why was Chet in the water? He totally gave up! Favs need to knock off Yau, Cherie, maybe Jonathan if he doesn't do better in physical part. Fans are still trying to learn how to do the basics, so favs are more interesting to watch (I know big surprise). I'll be at Universal next week, so probably miss next show.

SBETigg
02-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Was it my eyes playing tricks on me or did Joel actually place his vote for Tracy and NOT Mary as he was telling everyone else to do?

YES! This makes me very suspicious of Joel. What was that all about? He's up to something. And he seems a little over the edge, to me.

Ian, no surprise we disagree. It's people like Chet who don't get voted off early and end up in the final four because there are bigger threats once the merge happens-- unless they mess up so badly that their team gets whittled out of competition before merge, which is where I think they could be headed with Chet. He could have done the puzzle last night, but the way the team was talking led me to believe that he claimed the early part of the challenge as his strength. If that's his strength, they're in for it. But we'll see. Let me add that I kind of hope you're right, because Chet's pageant insights are precious and could make for some fun along the way.

TheDuckRocks
02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I agree with Ian on this one, I feel it's much better to break up an alliance of 2 strong people early on in the game than to wait until they get too much power. I also loved how shocked Mary was that she was gone. If these people are"fans" couldn't she remember back to Colby and Tina and how affective keeping their tie a secret was for them?

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Last night did nothing to endear me to any of the Fans. I thought the young group was really rude to the older three and I hate watching stuff like that. And Joel is a scary guy. So funny that he is doing exactly what he accused Mike of, trying to take control. And he looks terrifying next week in those previews with that black and white make up on. I would not want to see that barreling through the water towards me.! :eek:

thrillme
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Secondly, you can get rid of a weak player any time you want. No one likes Chet and he's certainly not going to win any individual immunity. He's easy prey ...

I don't think Chet is going to be as easy as he appears. Courtney was weak and rude and totally obnoxious...HOWEVER...she was so "easy" to get rid of she ended up sticking around to the final 3 and came quite close to taking it all. You are DEFINATELY right...you "can" get rid of a weak player at anytime. BUT the problem is they ALWAYS have a tendency of holding onto that "weak" player then if that WEAK player is "unlikeable" in anyway...in the end they keep them.

I would have held on to the stronger player and dumped Chet (he's got a little alliance working as well). I can't figure why Kathy didn't just play the idol :confused: It's not any good after the first tribal. Yao Mon KNEW he wasn't going to need it but...what the heck. On the Fans side I would have gotten rid of Chet (big time). I'm going to be screaming each council till he's GONE. Not only did he BADLY lose the challenge for them he gave up but not before he just kind of just floated around :mad:.

They've got some "power couples" going on the Favorites/Formers...(I still LOVE Ozzy, Yao Mon and Circe)...My Dad loves the "eye candy". I want to get rid of Eliza and Amy VERY badly...they are both schemers. I wish Ozzy would be a little more careful with Amanda...I think she's going to turn on him. Hopefully when it comes time to break up the alliance...they'll go for Amanda over Ozzy...(I love Ozzy). Pavariti I think she's cute but she uses her assets to a dangerous point. Oddly though...(Oh good grief James...don't be stupid twice).

I think Circe has a very POWERFUL chance in all this.

SBETigg
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I would have held on to the stronger player and dumped Chet (he's got a little alliance working as well). I can't figure why Kathy didn't just play the idol :confused:

I think Kathy did have her idol in play. Jeff asked if she wanted to use it or pass it to someone else and she said she would use it herself. Then after voting he asked if there were any Hidden immunity idols out there to be used- meaning, if she found one at Exile Island, she could have given it to someone else to use in secret and that would be the time to play that one. So there could have been two idols in play if she had found one in Exile.

Shari, so sad you watched from bed and missed your party. Feeling any better today?

murphy1
02-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I just had to go pick up Jordan, middle dd, at school, she's got it now, I hate this flu! I am doing better, but my throat still hurts and I'm still freezing sometimes. Parvati has to stay on b/c we are having viewing parties now and they are fun. It's my only night out sometimes and I need it!LOL. She did really great in that challenge. And c'mon, Ozzy and Mikey are flirting and hooking up and that's okay??? That is a big time double standard.

Nascfan
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
I think Kathy did have her idol in play. Jeff asked if she wanted to use it or pass it to someone else and she said she would use it herself.

Yeah, Sherri's right. By keeping the idol, Kathy Was using it. Jeff said no one could vote for Kathy.

On the hooking up: Shari, don't take this the wrong way because I know Parvati and her family are friends of yours, but she really does seem to be using her "come hither" smile and such a lot. Much like last time even though she said she wasn't. That doesn't excuse anyone else of the "couples". Me personally, I can't imagine doing any of that kind of stuff, after about the second day of no showers or toothbrushes, BLECH! Can you imagine? Again, BLECH!

offwego
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
On the hooking up: Shari, don't take this the wrong way because I know Parvati and her family are friends of yours, but she really does seem to be using her "come hither" smile and such a lot. Much like last time even though she said she wasn't. That doesn't excuse anyone else of the "couples". Me personally, I can't imagine doing any of that kind of stuff, after about the second day of no showers or toothbrushes, BLECH! Can you imagine? Again, BLECH!
Scott..I have to admit the no toothbrush thing for me is why I can never understand this tatic..personally I don't mind a little flirting but seriously couldn't do it without toothpaste..

Shari, I think some of us have said we don't think it's smart of Ozzy or anyone of them to do this stuff as well. It's a "general" opinion that the couple issue can be very bad strategy. It sure didn't work for Mikey and Mary either. I hope you don't feel any kind of double standard here.

SBETigg
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
And c'mon, Ozzy and Mikey are flirting and hooking up and that's okay??? That is a big time double standard.

I agree on the double standard. No one seems to make as much of an issue when men turn on the charm. Then it's all "boys being boys" or "wow, he's so friendly."

And why didn't Joel go for Mikey if he had a problem with Mikey taking the lead? It seems it would have been more manly and effective to cut down the one being the problem instead of getting rid of Mary, who really wasn't presenting any issues on her own. Plus, Mary looked like she may have been more skilled in challenges. Mikey's not exactly in shape out there.

Sorry to hear that Jordan is sick, too, Shari.

KarenP
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I was surprised that they actually voted Mary out. I felt a little sorry for her, but I think it was a very good move since she was partnered with Mikey. He was rather cocky and thought he was running the whole show. The look on his face was priceless when he realized his plan fell through and his gal went home. Things like this rarely happen this early on at tribal council. It was a nice change of pace.

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
She did really great in that challenge. And c'mon, Ozzy and Mikey are flirting and hooking up and that's okay??? That is a big time double standard.

I am sure it is hard for you to read that many of us are not Parvati fans. You see her much more as a person, because you have a relationship with her family. To us, we just get what we see on TV, more as a character. And what I see is a girl that is hardcore flirting as part of her game play. She isn't the first or the last player to do it. I personally didn't get the feeling that Mikey was just flirting as strategy only. He seemed to really think Mary was cute and wanted to have an alliance with her. They did not appear to be making the moves on each other. Ozzy and Amanda seem to have a pretty genuine, and mutual, attraction going on. They both said something almost immediatey after meeting. They might just be like Rob and Amber and come out of this with a real relationship. If they can be attracted to each other with no deoderant or toothpaste, the real world will be a cakewalk. Parvati is not giving off a vibe that she really likes James as a man. She said she is going to flirt, she intentionally picked him as her mark, and that is what she is doing. It is her decision to play her game that way. More power to her if she can make that work. But that doesn't make her a player I feel compelled to root for.

Carol
02-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Favs need to knock off Yau, Cherie, maybe Jonathan if he doesn't do better in physical part.

Hope not - I'd like to see them as the final 3.

offwego
02-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Hope not - I'd like to see them as the final 3.

Ohhh now that would be really interesting. Though I'd like to see a mix of two tribes in the final three if we could.

murphy1
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Guys, I'm kidding!! Seriously, I am enjoying watching the show with you guys. None of it bothers me. Believe me I wouldn't be hooking up and all that. The toothpaste thing is too funny! I concur. Carol, I mentioned those three b/c they are a real threat, very likeable and would win the money easier than a lot of others.

pixiesmimi
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, I think they made a big mistake tonight. I was hoping to see Yau Man go to the finals. I think that is why they voted him off because they thought he would too. I think the smarter thing to do would have been to just vote Jonathan off. He really burns me. :mad:

Ian
02-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Honestly, it was really very stupid of them to give Cirie that much power. I kept waiting for the light-bulb to go on for one of them and have them say, "Hey I know ... let's just vote out Cirie!" but it never happened.

I actually respect Cirie a lot, because anyone with as limited a set of physical skills like she has who can still be successful in this game has got to be a good player. But tonight, I think she blew it badly. She backed the wrong side.

She thinks James is untrustworthy, but yet she wants to align herself with two couples??? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

SBETigg
02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Cirie is leaving herself in a risky spot, but I can see it paying off. Jonathan was not winning me over, either, and I like Jonathan. I also found it interesting to see Amanda, Parvati, and Cirie all bonding. I think they won her trust by acting like they would be willing to eventually turn on James and Ozzy. And maybe that could happen. I keep wanting to see women make and hold an alliance in this game.

Cirie acted with sound logic, to me. She eliminated the one she saw as her biggest threat. In the end, she was true to what she wanted to do. Instead of going along with an alliance, she got a group of people to vote her way. After that, I'm not going to underestimate her. I think she could win.

pixiesmimi
02-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Honestly, it was really very stupid of them to give Cirie that much power. I kept waiting for the light-bulb to go on for one of them and have them say, "Hey I know ... let's just vote out Cirie!" but it never happened.

I actually respect Cirie a lot, because anyone with as limited a set of physical skills like she has who can still be successful in this game has got to be a good player. But tonight, I think she blew it badly. She backed the wrong side.

She thinks James is untrustworthy, but yet she wants to align herself with two couples??? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I thought that too about they should just vote off Cirie. I thought she was really taking a chance with coming out with her plan to all concerned but Jonathan wasn't smart telling them all their plan either. Since Cirie doesn't see herself aligned with either group, she puts a target on her back. They might need her as a swing vote but sooner or later they won't need her any more and she doesn't show any other strengths. She is smart though. She may think her way through the game this time around. I'm sure she has had time to think about what she did wrong last time.

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I could see Amanda and Parvati actually sticking to a girl alliance with Cirie. Ozzy and James would be hard to beat in the finals. I think Cirie is a smart cookie and might have been right in taking Yau out before he got to Exile Island. Obviously Cirie paid attention to people's strengths. She also kind of put a target on Jonathon's back because he talked way too much at Council and that might hurt him later.

I really do not like that group of fans. That Joel guy is about the scariest person ever on Survivor for me. No one is really sticking out in that group as someone to root for.

TooGoofy
02-22-2008, 09:30 AM
NO! Not my Yau-Man! :fit:

I love that guy. And, as I expected, he was classy at the end as he gave his final thoughts.

I, too, was waiting for people to decide to vote off Cirie...in fact, I was yelling at my TV set, not that it did any good. :rant:

Oh well...now I need to find a new favorite player. Sigh. :(

Ian
02-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Since Cirie doesn't see herself aligned with either group, she puts a target on her back. They might need her as a swing vote but sooner or later they won't need her any more and she doesn't show any other strengths.Well here's my thought on that, which I couldn't believe Cirie was too stupid to figure out on her own ...

This week, Parvarti/James/Ozzy/Amanda needed her to be their 5th vote so they could defeat the Jonathan Alliance's 4 votes. Well now that Yao is gone, guess what Cirie? They don't need you anymore, because now the vote is 4-3.

If the favorites lose immunity next week, I think Cirie goes home.

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
If the favorites lose immunity next week, I think Cirie goes home.

Why would they do that when both James and Ozzy really wanted Eliza to go, as they see her as the weakest player? Plus Jonathon was so vocal in wanting Parvati off it would seem the two guys would be looking at him as well.

jefmblrd
02-22-2008, 11:44 AM

I kept saying the same thing to my wife while watching the show! I don't know if they could have made the numbers work or not, but they should have tried to oust Cirie and see what happens after that.

I was sorry to see Yau go, but he had to have a huge target on his back after his previous Survivor showing.

Jonathan needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. You think he would have learned that after his last Survivor experience.

TheDuckRocks
02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I hated to see Yau go, that guy just is too kind to the snakes he's been playing with.
I can't believe Cirie can't see in the long run she would have made it to the final 3 with Yau and Jonathon if she stuck with them. I think Jonathon and Eliza will be the next 2 to go if the favorites don't win immunity.
And what was that about Amy voting for Cirie? Did I see that right? I was knid of in and out of the room during the voting.

Ian
02-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Why would they do that when both James and Ozzy really wanted Eliza to go, as they see her as the weakest player? Plus Jonathon was so vocal in wanting Parvati off it would seem the two guys would be looking at him as well.We'll see ... it was painfully obvious, though, that Cirie rubbed the two couples the wrong way what with her making all these demands on everyone ... I won't be at all shocked if they turn on her and kick her out.

I mean it's hardly like she's a powerhouse in challenges, either. Eliza or Cirie ... either way you're improving the tribe in challenges.

SBETigg
02-22-2008, 02:11 PM
But it makes absolutely no sense for Parvati, James, Amanda, and Oz to vote Cirie out next. She's why they have numbers, so why not ride that for awhile. Especially going toward an eventual merge, when there's more power in numbers. You're not going to vote for someone who's voting your way. They'll go with Eliza, Ami, or Jonathan next. But I would rather see the Fans lose a person next week to keep the numbers fairly even up to the merge.

I can see Cirie's logic in it. She clearly had no reason to trust her security in the game with Jonathan's group any more than she had with the couples group. And then the talk with Amanda and Parvati gave her more reason to trust them over Jonathan, who she didn't entirely trust. I still think it was a smart move, even though I hate to lose Yau Man. I would bet on her getting a jury spot, at very least.

thrillme
02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I want my Yau back!!!!:angry::fit:

I'm VERY unhappy. I even "like" Circe too. But I'm really mad at her for voting off Yau and keeping Eliza...I never liked Eliza I don't trust Eliza and I don't like Amy either.

But not Yau!!!

Right now...I'm mad at Yau too :mad::mad: If only he went to the Ozzie side and said. "I'm tired of all this...Bring me on board and I'll go with you to take out Eliza"...

That would have put Yau as the coveted swing vote and given him power. I really don't think Ozzie would have voted him out anytime soon.

KarenP
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM
:jaw:Wow, I was surprised at how physical that challenge was!

I was kind of sad to see Yau go. I was really surprised that the others went with Cirie and voted him out. I was really expecting them to turn on her and vote her out instead.

Ian
02-23-2008, 05:06 PM
IRight now...I'm mad at Yau too :mad::mad: If only he went to the Ozzie side and said. "I'm tired of all this...Bring me on board and I'll go with you to take out Eliza"...But Yao would never do that, because he's very loyal.

Which is one of the reason we all like him so much. He's a man of his word.

jefmblrd
02-24-2008, 06:19 PM
:jaw:Wow, I was surprised at how physical that challenge was!

I heard an interview with Yau on a podcast, and he said that the original challenge was supposed to be the best two out of three, but the first round was taking too long, so they changed it to the winner of the first one takes it all. He said the challenge lasted over 45 minutes.

He also said how physical it was and how someone was holding his head underwater for a very long time. He said they stopped the game and told them not to do that.

Sounds like a pretty tough challenge!

murphy1
02-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I was in FL last week, glad to catch up here. I'm glad I didn't see it, b/c that game looked scary and Joel is just scary. I think they need to get him off there. I am really curious to see what happens when they merge. If those five stick together and the Fans keep changing and not sticking together, it could be interesting. Were there any big alliances on the Fans side last week?

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Cirie needs to go this week-
She adds no value at challenges nor around the camp-

Yau is a sad loss- he is very popular , plus he has beaten alot of odds along the way...

murphy1
02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I LOVE OZZY!!! He is just amazing and such a cutie. I also like Tracy and (don't hate me) Kathleen. Joel and Jonathan need to go, Jonathan was mean to Cirie, I didn't like him last night. The Favs did a great job on their challenges again. The show was almost as good as a Project Runway episode :thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I LOVE OZZY!!! He is just amazing and such a cutie. I also like Tracy and (don't hate me) Kathleen. Joel and Jonathan need to go, Jonathan was mean to Cirie, I didn't like him last night. The Favs did a great job on their challenges again. The show was almost as good as a Project Runway episode :thumbsup:

That was my reaction to last night, too- I love Ozzy! He is so good at the game, but unfortunatly too good and he'll be targeted after the merge I fear. I do not like Tracy or Kathleen, but smart move on Tracy's part and can you believe it worked? How dumb is it to keep Chet still? My gosh, that team is falling apart. Joel is scary. He seems not right somehow. Jonathan didn't bother me, really. I thought he was funny going after Cirie around the camp but then confessing his admiration of her plot to the camera. Looks like he gets hurt next week? Ew. I hate when people get hurt out there.

murphy1
02-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Don't worry about him, Sherri, he wins everything:cloud9: I hate when people get sick or hurt on this show, I felt bad for Eliza over that, I was on the couch still not feeling great, I couldn't imagine that out there. What the heck was Leif Garrett talking about at Tribal Council?? That was funny.

offwego
02-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm not happy with the projected mix up next week.

the challenges were very good this time. and Ozzy was just too funny about the idol. And what did Kathleen mean about it not being important? Clams are more important?

Joel is kinda creeping me out still though but I thought the builder lady on the fans did a great job of keeping Chet viable even if I couldn't really get why she wanted to keep him. (alliance is one thing but he's just not into it.)

SBETigg
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm not happy with the projected mix up next week.

Yeah, I really wanted to see the Fans get decimated first. They should pay for keeping Chet. :thedolls: Not smart! I didn't think I had that much loyalty to the Favorites until last night when I found myself really cheering them on and hoping they would win. And now, a shake-up? Oh no.

thrillme
02-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I'd love to get rid of some more of those fans. I really don't like many of them at all.

I really can't stand Chet (I've developed my OWN name for him but I can't say it). He's so useless and LAZY. I was quite disappointed they let Mikey go...He would have made things interesting with Jonathan.

Eliza...never liked her back then still don't like her. I HOPE Pavariti doesn't fall for her balony. She should have gone instead of Yao Man. She's really got to toughen up with this sick thing...It's hard but sometimes...

I wonder if James dislocates his knee cap?

I'm soooooo glad Ozzie found the Idol.

My thought on a nifty "TWIST" would be for one of the sides to "win" Yao Mon. In a reward challenge. (I'm really not adjusting well to losing him this early).

ChipnDaleGal
02-29-2008, 02:35 PM
It is impossible not to root for Ozzy after a show like last night. He was so calm and methodical in his search for the idol. He rocked that Immunity challenge the way he singlehandedly moved his entire team's coconuts forward under water. He is like a Survivor SuperHero!

I think it stinks that they are switching up the teams. The stupid Fans should have to live with keep Chet over Mikey. I am just glad Ozzy has that idol to help protect him at least one round.

Ian
02-29-2008, 03:41 PM
No doubt ... Ozzy is an incredibly formidable player. Overall, he might be the best Survivor ever.

I can't say I really get the animosity towards Jonathan and Joel, though. Neither one of them strikes me as being any more devious or rude than any of the others and I definitely don't see Joel as being "scary." Intense, maybe, but he should be intense ... he's playing for a chance to win $1 million.

offwego
02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
No doubt ... Ozzy is an incredibly formidable player. Overall, he might be the best Survivor ever.

I can't say I really get the animosity towards Jonathan and Joel, though. Neither one of them strikes me as being any more devious or rude than any of the others and I definitely don't see Joel as being "scary." Intense, maybe, but he should be intense ... he's playing for a chance to win $1 million.
I agree with you on Ozzy Ian.

Jonathan doesn't bug me (I mean that in the sense of ok he's playing pretty hard, quite prepared to lie etc but no "weird" thing about that)

Joel however just seems a couple of crackers short of the whole box. Last night he was standing right behind Chet (Chet was sitting on the beach pulling off bits of log or something and Joel was right behind him facing him) and talking about Chet like he wasn't there..not saying "we are going to vote you out Chet or hey ya know it's you" but more we are voting for that Chet guy and it sounded and or looked like he didn't care or wasn't aware that Chet was there. (to be fair Chet is pretty bland but I don't think he literly invisble).

Perhaps it's a leftover from watching an interview with Probst where he said they do screen them for psych reasons but it's based on a kind of green yellow red (red being stop) and yellows are often picked cause they make good tv...Joel just strikes me as a pretty orange yellow.

RenDuran
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Joel doesn't seem more devious than anyone else, but he gets scarier-looking as time goes on!

It's obvious Tracy is used to figuring out how to get her way with guys on the job....she got Joel to vote the way she wanted. Chet is such a wuss and his facial expressions are such a turn-off....I can't imagine making an alliance with him, but I guess if you have to team up with someone, he's better than nothing....or is he? I guess time will tell.

SBETigg
02-29-2008, 05:30 PM

Ian, Joel has made comments about "taking people out" and cutting people down that sound menacing, as if he is really going to go off and murder someone out there. He gets that intense look in his eyes that seems a little too crazy intense when he says such things. But you're a guy, so you probably just took it as typical big guy talk (?) while I was shaking in my slippers. :D

As for Jonathan, I actually like him, too. I think he's clever and very amusing out there.

Lacy
02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I agree with everyone about Ozzy. He is definitely one of the best Survivors of all time! He just dominates in the challenges and its crazy how good he swims.

I also agree with you Sherri that Jonathan is amusing and I did agree with him when he said the Cirie was even more back-stabbing/conniving than he is.

I am disappointed that the fans don't have to pay for keeping Chet with the tribe switch-up next week. I feel bad for whoever gets him on their team. However, I can't fault Tracy for doing what she thought she had to do. I just don't understand how Joel was able to convince not just one but several of the others to vote for Chet :confused:

murphy1
03-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Tracy is a lot like me, I guess I just relate to her the most. She is the one someone said to keep an eye on per Probst. That was a dumb move about Chet, b/c he could ride coattails after the mixup, but he isn't even trying and he just sits there and lets other people talk about him while he's sitting right there listening to it. I don't even know why he is on the show.

Ian
03-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Well ... I do think Joel may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. I kinda think that's why he does oddball stuff like talk about Chet right in front of him.

Poor Chet ... I feel bad for the guy. He clearly has poorly developed social skills. I often wonder what possesses people like him to even try out for this show? :confused:

SBETigg
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Well ... I do think Joel may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. I kinda think that's why he does oddball stuff like talk about Chet right in front of him.

Poor Chet ... I feel bad for the guy. He clearly has poorly developed social skills. I often wonder what possesses people like him to even try out for this show? :confused:

But I think he probably has strong social skills in the real world. He coaches pageant contestants, which would require some strong PR skills. I think perhaps he doesn't know how to fit in with this particular crowd mix and he's overwhelmed by the physical aspect. His bio says that he considers himself fit. I think it's more than he expected on so many levels, but I don't pity the guy.

Shari, Tracy's comments on her intuition just really cracked me up. "I just know." I couldn't believe Joel bought into it! So, good for Tracy. We'll see how she fits in with a new crowd once they mix up. If she blends, she will be set. If she separates herself off again, big mistake.

murphy1
03-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow, he does pageants, you think he would be more competitive! I was feeling so sorry for him, too. Joel scares me, too, something about his eyes, ITA with you there Sherri! I like Kathleen b/c she's offbeat. I bet she will benefit from the mixup.

SBETigg
03-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't know, Shari. I hope you're right about Kathleen. She's the one I have been feeling bad for because she seems to be marching to her own drummer and they keep sending her to exile, so she hasn't had as much team bonding time. On the plus side, she has had some time with Favorites out there and that could give her an edge.

KarenP
03-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh no! I hate to see the teams get changed up next week. I am finding myself rooting for the faves. I especially like Ozzy, James, Amanda and Parvati.

I could not believe the fans got rid of Mikey. That was a huge mistake. Chet really needed to go. They have a lot of really weak players.

Mousefever
03-02-2008, 01:49 PM
This is a total tangent, but does anyone else think that Jonathon sounds like Alan Alda?

I haven't watched in the last couple of weeks, so I like checking in here to find out what's been going on.

Amy

:dory:

Melanie
03-02-2008, 02:52 PM
This is a total tangent, but does anyone else think that Jonathon sounds like Alan Alda?

Oh yeah, we've talked about that before. :) I think he not only sounds like him, but looks like him as well.

RenDuran
03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
I like Kathleen b/c she's offbeat.

I get the feeling she's manic-depressive. She's so upbeat sometimes that it's like she's over-compensating for something.

Disneypixie513
03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh. My. Gosh....
:spoiler:

Can i just say that i'm astounded on how stupid people are this season?
I cannot believe that Chet is still around!
I actually was starting to like Joel. =/
I don't know who they should get rid of first: Chet or Cirie(sp?).
That woman is starting to infuriate me! :mad:
The way She plays everyone is just sicking :ack:
Okay..That's enough for me before i go too far. :blush:

offwego
03-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Joel's speech was ummm interesting.

Cirie played really really smart this week. (which she often does frankly) Now what does everyone think about Jonathan next week?

I liked the challenge and thought it was intersting to note that in a challenge that they likely thought would see different pairings so many of them chose some one they already knew.

SBETigg
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh. My. Gosh....
:spoiler:

Can i just say that i'm astounded on how stupid people are this season?
I cannot believe that Chet is still around!
I actually was starting to like Joel. =/
I don't know who they should get rid of first: Chet or Cirie(sp?).
That woman is starting to infuriate me! :mad:
The way She plays everyone is just sicking :ack:
Okay..That's enough for me before i go too far. :blush:

I completely disagree about Cirie. I think Cirie's playing a brilliant game. She swayed two votes even while people were discussing her imminent demise? And all above board, no deceit. Just straightforward arguments that convinced people to vote her way, subsequently prolonging her own game. I like her.

Though, keeping Chet yet again is not smart and a benefit to no one but Cirie. Joel completely deserved it for making the ridiculous decision to keep Chet last week. I loved that he dare call them stupid for getting rid of strength in favor of keeping Chet when it is exactly what he did last week. Plus, he was scary. I really dislike people who need to get by with threatening others physical harm. He was all brawn, no brain. And as Cirie skillfully observed, he wasn't exactly a powerhouse in challenges anyway.

I'm not sure about Jonathan, Natalie. It's not looking good. I hope he stays in.

Lacy
03-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I sure hope Jonathan is okay. I would hate to see him have to quit and it was such a small thing that actually caused the injury.

As far as the vote....I'm torn. Joel deserved to go because he was stupid enough to keep Chet around last week. I found it quite ironic that he was saying he couldn't believe he got beat by Chet. I'm sure Mikey B will have a few things to say to him. But I really can't believe Chet is still in the game. One of the least deserving players of all time.

I do have to hand it to Cirie for doing what she thought she needed to do. But you'd think she could have waited until next week after Chet was gone.

SBETigg
03-07-2008, 06:15 AM
I do have to hand it to Cirie for doing what she thought she needed to do. But you'd think she could have waited until next week after Chet was gone.

That would have been ideal. But not for Cirie, because if the strategy was to eliminate the physically weak, she was up next to go after Chet. To wait could have meant that she was arguing against her own elimination, which is a harder point to pull off. It was crucial for her to convince people to take a new strategy for this elimination. It wasn't just about getting rid of Joel first. It was about making the team rethink what skills they valued in players before Cirie, on the weak list, got taken out.

Ian
03-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Plus, he was scary. I really dislike people who need to get by with threatening others physical harm.I understand you didn't like Joel, but don't think this is a bit of an overstatement? He's a big dude, yeah, but I never once saw him threaten anyone. In fact, I never even saw him come close to threatening anyone.

Me personally, I think Joel's "scariness" was quite overstated. He was just a big guy who did look a little menacing after living on an island for a few weeks. He never actually did anything that was scary at all.

Anyway, Cirie might have made a good move in the very short term, but it was a bad move longer term. Their team is now much weaker than it was before and they may not win any more challenges, thus ensuring that they'll get to her eventually and she'll be sent home.

Of course, I predicted before that there would be a backlash against her and there wasn't, but ... if they lose next week because they kept Chet they'll send Chet home. But right after that, they're gonna send Cirie home for making them keep Chet in the first place.

Too bad about Jonathan ... I really like him and was hoping he'd stick around. Hopefully, his injury isn't as bad as they're making it out to be.

offwego
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Anyway, Cirie might have made a good move in the very short term, but it was a bad move longer term. Their team is now much weaker than it was before and they may not win any more challenges, thus ensuring that they'll get to her eventually and she'll be sent home.

Of course, I predicted before that there would be a backlash against her and there wasn't, but ... if they lose next week because they kept Chet they'll send Chet home. But right after that, they're gonna send Cirie home for making them keep Chet in the first place.

Too bad about Jonathan ... I really like him and was hoping he'd stick around. Hopefully, his injury isn't as bad as they're making it out to be.

The challenge thing is tricky as it can really depend on what they have. They already have done some very physical ones so if the next couple are endurance or more triva etc Cirie's game plan may work very well. (and in particular when you consider Jonathan is injured which clearly wasn't known to her but will work out to her advantage.)

Melanie
03-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I really like Cirie, and I'm not going to call her move stupid. Not yet, at least. ;)

I'm glad Joel (or Troy :funny: ) is gone. He was a brainless bully who brought nothing to his team, IMO. Cirie was right! I mean yeah, Chet is useless as well, but he'll be gone soon enough I think.

I really hope Jonathan doesn't have to leave. :unsure:

JanetMegan
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Here is a Spoiler for next week--I'm going to do it in the white text thingy...

TV guide for next week's episode says a tribe member leaves, but not beacuse he is voted out, because his life is at stake. Or something along those lines. I haven't even seen last night yet but it sure sounds like he is going to have to go-which is too bad.

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I found it supremely satisfying to have Joel go out exactly as he engineered Mikey B to go out. I thought it was hilarious that he was mad they chose to keep Chet over him. He did the same thing last week. My only concern is that it will hurt Ozzy down the line not to have Joel's strength on his team, but I am not sorry to see Joel out.

Ian, I disagree somewhat on your take on Joel. It is true that he never threatened anyone, but I do think he treated Chet badly in that competition last night. I am amazed that Chet didn't have any broken bones after the way Joel dragged him around that challenge. I understand that a million dollars is at stake, and Chet was pretty useless, but it was Joel's fault that Chet was still around to compete. I think he crossed a moral line in the way he had no regard for Chet's safety in that challenge. He was a total Neanderthal on that course and Chet was like a little rag doll flopping around. It was awful to watch.

I actually think that Survivor itself crossed a line on that challenge. Poor Jonathan looks in real danger, Parvati took a pretty good hit, and then Chet. That was a dangerous course. I want to watch a competition, but I do not enjoy watching people get hurt.

RenDuran
03-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I think he crossed a moral line in the way he had no regard for Chet's safety in that challenge. He was a total Neanderthal on that course and Chet was like a little rag doll flopping around. It was awful to watch.

It was definitely painful to watch. I'm not a fan of Chet, but that was totally uncalled for. Why were those two paired up together anyway. That just seemed like a problem-team to start with.

SBETigg
03-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I understand you didn't like Joel, but don't think this is a bit of an overstatement? He's a big dude, yeah, but I never once saw him threaten anyone. In fact, I never even saw him come close to threatening anyone.

He said he wanted to rip someone's head off in week two. He repeated the threat that if someone questioned him he would in fact rip their head off. Last night, he said "If" (and I understand it's a conditional if and he wasn't going to do it in this day and age) this were medieval times he would kill Chet himself. And finally, upon leaving, I believe he made some kind of statement that implied a physical threat on others. Perhaps just a figurative one, but come on! You can't have watched the show and missed every single one of his comments.

I understand that he is probably just talking and he wouldn't actually kill anyone-- but there is a shiftiness in his eyes that makes me wonder. And it's not out of line to assume that someone who needs to speak in terms of using their physical superiority to inflict harm would indeed act on it if pushed under extreme conditions. Look how he treated Chet in challenge. He didn't ever stop to consider he was dragging a human around and not a weighted sack. I don't think it's an overstatement at all considering that he continually made mention of physical harm to others, figure of speech or not.

SBETigg
03-07-2008, 09:41 AM

Again, I'm pretty sure you'll be wrong about Cirie. She's playing her own game, not a team game, and she's thinking two steps ahead of the pack. There's no way Ozzy and Amanda will vote against her in favor of one of the fans at this point and she has Chet and Tracy in her graces after last night.

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2008, 09:54 AM
I think Cirie was really smart last night, too. She knew what she had to do to survive in the game and she did it. Kudos to her. :thumbsup:

Ian
03-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Ian, I disagree somewhat on your take on Joel. It is true that he never threatened anyone, but I do think he treated Chet badly in that competition last night. I am amazed that Chet didn't have any broken bones after the way Joel dragged him around that challenge. I understand that a million dollars is at stake, and Chet was pretty useless, but it was Joel's fault that Chet was still around to compete. I think he crossed a moral line in the way he had no regard for Chet's safety in that challenge. He was a total Neanderthal on that course and Chet was like a little rag doll flopping around. It was awful to watch.I don't blame Joel for that at all. What else was he supposed do? Stand there? Then he would have been blamed for them losing the challenge. Also, he wasn't exactly looking behind him the entire time. He may not even have realized how badly he was dragging Chet along the ground.

Now I will admit I thought it was pretty insensitive of him to say, "I don't care." when Chet said that he hit his head. I felt bad for Chet, because all he said was, "I know."

Look I'm not like the leader of the Joel Fan Club or anything, but I think people are overstating things with him. I notice it's all the women that seem to find him scary, though, so maybe it's just a male/female thing.

Sherri, those things that Joel said don't bother me. That's just talk. I didn't see his exit speech, though, so I can't comment on that. The rest of it was just venting, I thought.

TheDuckRocks
03-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Ian, I disagree somewhat on your take on Joel. It is true that he never threatened anyone, but I do think he treated Chet badly in that competition last night. I am amazed that Chet didn't have any broken bones after the way Joel dragged him around that challenge. I understand that a million dollars is at stake, and Chet was pretty useless, but it was Joel's fault that Chet was still around to compete. I think he crossed a moral line in the way he had no regard for Chet's safety in that challenge. He was a total Neanderthal on that course and Chet was like a little rag doll flopping around. It was awful to watch.

I actually think that Survivor itself crossed a line on that challenge. Poor Jonathan looks in real danger, Parvati took a pretty good hit, and then Chet. That was a dangerous course. I want to watch a competition, but I do not enjoy watching people get hurt.

Why were those two paired up together anyway. That just seemed like a problem-team to start with.

He said he wanted to rip someone's head off in week two. He repeated the threat that if someone questioned him he would in fact rip their head off. Last night, he said "If" (and I understand it's a conditional if and he wasn't going to do it in this day and age) this were medieval times he would kill Chet himself. And finally, upon leaving, I believe he made some kind of statement that implied a physical threat on others. Perhaps just a figurative one, but come on! You can't have watched the show and missed every single one of his comments.

I understand that he is probably just talking and he wouldn't actually kill anyone-- but there is a shiftiness in his eyes that makes me wonder. And it's not out of line to assume that someone who needs to speak in terms of using their physical superiority to inflict harm would indeed act on it if pushed under extreme conditions. Look how he treated Chet in challenge. He didn't ever stop to consider he was dragging a human around and not a weighted sack. I don't think it's an overstatement at all considering that he continually made mention of physical harm to others, figure of speech or not.

You all have said it so well!!!:thumbsup:

I think Cirie was really smart last night, too. She knew what she had to do to survive in the game and she did it. Kudos to her. :thumbsup:

I agree with this as you do have to do whatever it takes to just keep you in one more week as things change so quickly. The only thing I don't quite get is the fact that Ozzie went along with Cirie's plan so readily. If their team doesn't win the challenges the weak ones could very easily turn on the strong and get them voted out. It doesn't take any physical strength to cast a vote.

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2008, 11:12 AM
He may not even have realized how badly he was dragging Chet along the ground.

Jeff was giving a pretty good "blow by blow" commentary on what he was doing to Chet. It is a game, and people are geared to play hard for that money. But I think Joel checked his humanity at the door when he came on the island. A million dollars should not be worth stooping to that level of disregard of another human being's welfare. Even a sad sack like Chet. Who, once again I have to emphasize, was only in that competition because Joel pulled a power trip on Mikey B last week. In the end, Joel defeated himself with the way he played the game. So the subject of him scaring all the womenfolk here doesn't really matter.

Ian
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, well you won't get any disagreement from me on the fact that Joel made some key mistakes that resulted in his own demise.

I wasn't trying to imply that he played a good game or anything. I was just somewhat at a loss on the whole "scary" thing. I didn't really find him any more or less scary than any other big dude.

Like I said ... I'm not driving the Joel Fan Club tour bus or anything. I think he was pretty much a boob when it came right down to it and I'm certainly not sorry to see him go.

And unlike most people, I actually feel really bad for Chet. He's so pathetic that it's hard not to have a lot of sympathy for him. Then again I'm not relying on him to help me win $1 million either.

SBETigg
03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, well you won't get any disagreement from me on the fact that Joel made some key mistakes that resulted in his own demise.

I wasn't trying to imply that he played a good game or anything. I was just somewhat at a loss on the whole "scary" thing. I didn't really find him any more or less scary than any other big dude.

Like I said ... I'm not driving the Joel Fan Club tour bus or anything. I think he was pretty much a boob when it came right down to it and I'm certainly not sorry to see him go.

And unlike most people, I actually feel really bad for Chet. He's so pathetic that it's hard not to have a lot of sympathy for him. Then again I'm not relying on him to help me win $1 million either.

I respect your opinion, Ian. You didn't get the same psycho vibe from the guy that I got. It was more than his size for me. He really struck me as a bit unbalanced. But I'm really imaginative, so there's always the possibility that I read more into his character than presented.

I felt bad for Chet after watching him get dragged around. I don't feel badly for him on a social wavelength. I think he makes friends when he wants them and just hasn't found people to connect with there. Plus. he's in better shape, despite his challenge failings, than a lot of people sitting at home watching the show. I don't think he would want pity. Like Joel, he's probably a different guy in his daily life.

Lacy
03-07-2008, 08:28 PM

I agree completely! I kept saying, oh I don't like watching this. It isn't fun to watch people get hurt. I just didn't think the challenge was that cool that it was worth doing for the danger involved. I know they run the challenges with other people before they have the castaways do them. I wonder if any of the test people got hurt or if the group was just unlucky.

RenDuran
03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I take it that most everyone on here is glad that Joel won't be on the jury! ;)

KarenP
03-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I personally think the team as a whole was very stupid to vote Joel out and keep Chet. At this point in the game, you need to keep the players who are better in physical challenges. Clearly, Chet needed to go. I don't know why they keep letting Cirie call the shots. I think they are in big trouble now.

NJ Camper
03-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't know maybe its me but they got rid of the power player and kept the worst one seems a little crazy to me they are already losing then drop your strongest person just seems dumb to me

TheDuckRocks
03-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't know why they keep letting Cirie call the shots.

You know at first I wondered the same thing, but then I figured out that she has manipulated them so cleverly that they are to dumb to know that that is what has happened. Just my guess, time will tell.

KarenP
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
You know at first I wondered the same thing, but then I figured out that she has manipulated them so cleverly that they are to dumb to know that that is what has happened. Just my guess, time will tell.

I guess you are right, Kay. I was just very surprised that Ozzie fell for it. I thought he was smarter than that.

murphy1
03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
It has been crazy here, I have been so busy. Emily and I got to watch at the weekly party, that was fun! I think the splitting of my fave four could work well if they can keep voting others out (Amanda caught a shark, how cool), I'd love to see them be the last ones. I think whoever said Cherie might have bitten herself in the butt is right. Chet could keep going though if enough people see his vote as a value. I agree about Joel being kind of scary. I knew that would be bad when he and Chet were teamed up. It was pretty funny to watch Eric so in love with Ozzy, but who isn't I guess.

RenDuran
03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
How can CBS keep calling it "Fans vs. Favorites" when they're all mixed up now?

Disneypixie513
03-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I personally think the team as a whole was very stupid to vote Joel out and keep Chet. At this point in the game, you need to keep the players who are better in physical challenges. Clearly, Chet needed to go. I don't know why they keep letting Cirie call the shots. I think they are in big trouble now.
I agree with you 100 %.
My mom was also very surprised thet Ozzy isn't being smarter with his gameplay..
Can't people see you need the strong people around?
I guess they don't want to win challenges that badly :confused:
I still can't stand Cirie..Yes i know she's playing the game, but i hate the manipulaters in the game :mad:
I'd rather see backstabbing then manipulating. :/

SBETigg
03-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree that keeping Chet will cost them more challenges. But was keeping Joel all that much better? He's big and strong, maybe, but he still wasn't good with the challenges. In fact, he cost them a challenge when he tried to get involved with the puzzle. As Yau Man taught us all (and one of many reasons we all miss him), strength in challenges more often has nothing to do with physical bulk.

I don't really care which team wins as long as we lose a few more fans, to be honest. Which is why we can keep calling it fans vs favorites, to address Sonja's concern. Just because the teams are mixed up doesn't mean the old alliances won't hold strong when they're reunited.

I really love watching the manipulators work it out there. To outwit is part of the game, and my favorite part is watching players who know how to position themselves to stay around. I'll take a player who strategizes over the players who just seem to be kept for convenience purposes or sheer physical domination any day. But I do prefer good honest strategy, not sneaky backstabbing.

Ian
03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
My mom was also very surprised thet Ozzy isn't being smarter with his gameplay..I think he might be a bit infatuated with Amanda and he's letting it distract him to a degree.

SBETigg
03-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I think he might be a bit infatuated with Amanda and he's letting it distract him to a degree.

And let's not forget that in his original appearance, Ozzy threw a challenge just to be rid of a competitor he didn't like, a move that nearly came back and bit him. He stuck around because he was a great physical competitor. His mental game wasn't bad, but it was never his main strength out there.

murphy1
03-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Gale told me next week's Survivor episode will be showing on Wednesday, March 19th, due to the NCAA games, so plan accordingly. That's going to be a crazy week with Dancing with the Stars and this!

offwego
03-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Gale told me next week's Survivor episode will be showing on Wednesday, March 19th, due to the NCAA games, so plan accordingly. That's going to be a crazy week with Dancing with the Stars and this!

So is this the "recap" episode already next week? Seems early doesn't it?

murphy1
03-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh no! Poor Jonathan!! That was terrible, I was crying, and how maddening that someone like Chet has so little business being there and poor Jonathan had that horrible injury and was fighting to stay, it was just awful. I LOVE OZZY!!!! He played the whole thing perfectly:thumbsup: I felt sorry for Eric, didn't you know that wasn't going to work, poor kid.

PS Ozzy looked like one of the Disciples at TC.

Disneypixie513
03-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I know! I was so sad to see Jonathan go. He was my and my mom's favorite :(
But i'm so glad Chet is finally gone! :D
Scenes for next week's show looked interesting.

SBETigg
03-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I was sad for Jonathan, too. It's not a good way to go down. And good riddance, Chet. Did you notice that Tracy and Chet ended up voting for Erik? Wonder what happened there!? Weird. Taking out Ozzy at this stage would have been a huge mistake. He seems to be their only hope to win a challenge at this point, and that's looking slim. I hope they can bounce back now that Chet's gone. The other team was so smart in that challenge in the way they took Eliza and Parvati. It was quite a defeat.

offwego
03-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Poor Jonathan. Did anyone else think it odd that they let him compete in a physical challenge and then check his leg? I just thought that was mean. (and what was with the fan Karen I think? Bawling your eyes out after 3 days? Huh?)

Ozzy does seem to be needing to pay more attention but it's hard to say if it'd editing or what. And I didn't see the votes for Eric coming..but his whole "dying breath" speech would have made me vote for him.:D

Ian
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
As much as I've said I felt bad for him, I think Chet may go down in history as one of the worst Survivor players ever. I can't ever recall someone who was just so terribly outclassed and completely out of their element. He did not deserve to be there and I'm very glad he's gone.

The Jonathan thing stinks. I liked him and was sad to see him go.

You know, I was wondering though ... how come on Big Brother you can leave the show to get medical treatment and then come back, but you can't on Survivor? Is it just because the risks for complications and further injury are so much higher?

SBETigg
03-14-2008, 09:54 AM
You know, I was wondering though ... how come on Big Brother you can leave the show to get medical treatment and then come back, but you can't on Survivor? Is it just because the risks for complications and further injury are so much higher?

It's a good question. I think because it interferes with the whole marooned concept of the game. On Big Brother, you're not getting an unfair advantage by leaving and coming back because you're not in survival conditions. On Big Brother, they get food, drink, and comforts. Actual survival in harsh conditions is not an element of the game in Big Brother. In Survivor, the conditions are one of the elements. If you leave for treatment, you're getting shelter, probably bed rest, hydration, nourishment, giving you an unfair advantage when you come back into the game. That's my guess.

It is a shame, though. Seeing Jonathan go out like that when he had a decent shot at this is just too bad. And really, I blame the producers for that challenge. It was poorly planned and caused multiple injuries. Not that they need to be coddled out there, but I think they could have constructed a safer course.

ChipnDaleGal
03-14-2008, 10:00 AM

It could be that because all of the players are in weakened conditions due to lack of nutrition and sleep, etc, that going to a hospital would be viewed as an unfair advantage. Most of the players have some type of injury or ailment going on that they have to continue playing with.

That was hard to watch poor Jonathan go through that last night. That competitor inside of him did not want to admit defeat until he had too. Not the right way to leave the game.

TiggeRia
03-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Did you notice that Tracy and Chet ended up voting for Erik?

I noticed that too and even paused and rewinded to make sure I was reading it correctly. After thinking about it though, I think that they did that with Eric knowing. Since Chet had decided that he wanted to go home anyway, and Tracy refusing to write Chet's name down, I think they wrote Eric's name (knowing that Chet was definitely going home and not Eric) down so they wouldn't cause a rift with the rest of the tribe. If they voted for Ozzy and their votes were read out loud, Ozzy would know that there were votes against him (know who it was) and most certainly target them next (which in all honesty, he is probably going to vote Tracy off next anyway). That is my guess as to their reasoning, anyway. And yes, 0\it would have been a bad idea for them to vote Ozzy out because he is their only hope in challenges, but wow, that would have been quite a turn in the game! It would have been interesting to see how that played out.

I felt so badly for Jonathan, too. I was rooting for him and it's so frustrating to see someone who really wants to play the game be taken out in a manner like that. Kathy was a little bizarre with her reaction, though. Way over the top...

JanetMegan
03-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Good episode, I'm liking this season a great deal, for awhile there (before last season) Survivor had gotten a little too boring and predictable but these last two have been better for some reason.

First off, man I felt bad for Jonathan. I think the deal is if you leave for the day and come back it's ok but if you are gone overnight you can't come back. I really wish he hadn't had to go though.

Now onto...Chet-possibly the biggest IDIOT ever on the show. I mean anyone would have taken him to the final two anyone!! Here we have poor Jonathan who has to leave and this dumbo who wants to go.

I do wish they had taken Ozzie out, would have made a fantastic twist, I really thought they had convinced Chet-aka stupidest person ever on Survivor. Although if they had taken out Ozzie after his whole we know who is going etc speech it would have been one of the funniest things ever and possibly better than James getting voted off last season!

RenDuran
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I do wish they had taken Ozzie out, would have made a fantastic twist

I'm not as fond of Ozzy as some posters on here....his getting voted out would have been hilarious, especially after his cocky speech! But I was just as glad to see Chet go. Just one thought, though....if Chet's foot was so damaged, why didn't they send a medic to check him out? I think he was just wimping out.

I cried along with Jonathon. I was sad to see him go. What a disappointment for him.

offwego
03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm not as fond of Ozzy as some posters on here....his getting voted out would have been hilarious, especially after his cocky speech!

I really thought he was done for...and was thinking twice the exile idol get wasted twice.

And I think the appeal with Ozzy is the physical stuff..he's so good at the twisty turny, swimming etc that you can't help but go wow..

Nascfan
03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
That was tough to watch. Not only Jonathan's teary realization that he couldn't, wouldn't be allowed to, continue, but also him and his beyond gutsy performance in the challenge. I can't remember the last time I yelled so loudly at the t.v. "GO JONATHAN!"

I felt so bad for him. And Eliza really seemed to have a good relationship with him, she was quite touched. Not sure about that Kathy lady. After knowing him for 3 days, she sure seemed a little over the top.

Then you have wimpy Chet. "Oh boo hoo, my heal hurts, I want to go home." Wah wah wah. Grow some guts pal. This is Survivor! I just hope Ozzy's tribe continues to lose challenges, a fitting "reward" for keeping Chet around.

KarenP
03-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Chet has to be the biggest wuss in Survivor history! Not sure why he even came on the show.

I hated to see Jonathan go, I was wishing they could have treated him and let him come back, but I guess not.

I really thought Ozzy was going last night, What a twist that would have been! But I should have known Chet would be too much of a wimp to vote him out.

murphy1
03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
From my understanding, if it's a serious illness like that they will not let you come back, even if you are gone for a few days and better. If I had a horrible injury like that and they said I could die or lose my leg, I would go in a heartbeat, but I know that was hard for him. When Parvati sliced her thumb with that Mashetti a couple seasons ago, they called her family and she gashed it pretty bad, but it got better. It's just too risky for the bad injuries as the challenges get more intense a lot of times. One of the worst was when that Mike guy got those horrible burns in Australia, he was an awesome player.

I totally loved the idol thing, that was hilarious! Ian, I totally lost any feelings of sorriness for Chet I had prior. He is NOT a true Survivor. I know some people don't care for Tracy, but she's trying and I think doing well given what she's dealing with.

pixiesmimi
03-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if they chose to put Chet on the show just for the drama or whatever, knowing he would never make it. I wonder if he really applied for the show or someone just talked him into it. As wimpy as he is, I can't imagine why on earth he would sign up for the show if he has watched any of the episodes at all. I really thought how stupid Ozzy was last night not to think that he might get back doored but I'm sure he didn't want to use his idol against an almost sure thing that Chet would go. I figured as bad as Chet wanted to go that he would put his own name down.

What was this with two of them putting down the other guy in their alliance's name (sorry, can't remember his name at the moment)? That was totally bazaar!

I bet during the water challenge they wished they had Joel back.

RenDuran
03-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I should have known Chet would be too much of a wimp to vote him out.

Well said!

Melanie
03-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Man, I will miss Jonathan's pretty blue eyes. I was so sad to see him go. :(

Chet's not even worth discussing.

ChipnDaleGal
03-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Man, I will miss Jonathan's pretty blue eyes. I was so sad to see him go. :(

He does have pretty eyes, Mel. And I like to listen to him talk too, with that smooth Alan Alda voice.

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 08:01 PM
That was tough to watch. Not only Jonathan's teary realization that he couldn't, wouldn't be allowed to, continue, but also him and his beyond gutsy performance in the challenge. I can't remember the last time I yelled so loudly at the t.v. "GO JONATHAN!"

I felt so bad for him. And Eliza really seemed to have a good relationship with him, she was quite touched. Not sure about that Kathy lady. After knowing him for 3 days, she sure seemed a little over the top.

Then you have wimpy Chet. "Oh boo hoo, my heal hurts, I want to go home." Wah wah wah. Grow some guts pal. This is Survivor! I just hope Ozzy's tribe continues to lose challenges, a fitting "reward" for keeping Chet around.

Kathy seems very needy and clingy. so easily attached to people and whatnot. Highly annoying.

I actually liked Jonathan this season. Sad to see him go.

Chet...what a waste of space! Good riddence.

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 08:04 PM
He does have pretty eyes, Mel. And I like to listen to him talk too, with that smooth Alan Alda voice.

HAHAHA! He totally sounded like Alan Alda! I can't believe I never noticed that. Awesome.

SBETigg
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I saw Jonathan act in the Kelsey Grammar movie Down Periscope. It was on network tv on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks before this season started. It's worth catching just for the Jonathan parts. He's not bad.

Emily
03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I am still upset about Jonathan's departure and it was 4 days ago! :cry: I'll admit it, I cried. I almost always cry when I see men cry (don't ask me why, it just gets to me), and he was so obviously upset about having to leave. It's such a bad way to go out, and I think he was playing a pretty good game. I am really bummed out for him. :( I will say that I am very glad to hear he's OK, though, and nothing serious happened with his leg.

He's one of my all-time fav Survivors behind Colby. Love me some Colby! :blush: But Donna & Mel, I'm right there with you - I will totally miss those blue eyes and his voice! I dig Jonathan.

TheDuckRocks
03-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I agree with the poster that called Chet the stupidest Survivor ever! You know I would be a worse player than Chet but you what..........I'm smart enough to have not applied to be a contestant. If he truely did have a peice of coral in his foot he did really need to medical attention. Coral is a living thing and will eat it's way further into your flesh and the only way to be sure you get it all out is by cutting it out. He was still a jerk and lazy and worthless and a wimp though.:D
I was really enjoying Jonathon this time aound and will really miss him, you just don't want to see anybody have to leave for the reason he did.
AH........Colby!:blush:

2Epcot
03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
First off, man I felt bad for Jonathan. I think the deal is if you leave for the day and come back it's ok but if you are gone overnight you can't come back.

I felt bad for him to and was hoping he would be able to come back.

I like to listen to him talk too, with that smooth Alan Alda voice.

I was just going to post how he sounded like Alan Alda. I had noticed that for the last few weeks because often I would be doing things when the show was on, and I would look up and say when did Alan Alda get on Survivor?

SBETigg
03-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Did everyone remember to watch tonight? I don't want to blow it for the Tivo crowd but it was a good one.

Mrs. Bee
03-20-2008, 01:45 AM
I watched! Was Kathy annoying or what??

"When you watch the show, they only show it rain for 10 seconds. But it rains a lot" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Why was she surprised by this? Did she really only think it rains for a few minutes?? UGH!

On the other season, I didn't like Eliza at all. I kind of like her this time. I cannot stand Parvati though. Although she's not as bad as last time either. I think James is hilarious. And Cirie is funny and kind of sneaky...so that's fun to watch too.

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 05:30 AM
I watched! Was Kathy annoying or what??

"When you watch the show, they only show it rain for 10 seconds. But it rains a lot" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Why was she surprised by this? Did she really only think it rains for a few minutes?? UGH!

I actually felt sorry for her. She was very thin when she arrived and she seemed to lose weight and energy very quickly. She admitted that she really had no idea what the experience would be like compared to the reality of being out there. She was a little odd and annoying as a player. But as a human being, I think she genuinely just ran out of gas. When she said she couldn't feel her family, it came from the depths of her soul and I felt bad for her. She wasn't a great player, but I think she was a good person who had been isolated from her family, starved, rained on, etc with a group of people that she never really bonded with. Having a bat in her hair and bugs and rats crawling on her in that dark, stinky cave seemed to be her final straw. Jeff usually gives the people that leave voluntarily a bit of a hard time, but I thought he was very gentle with her. That makes me think she was really at the point where she couldn't continue.

Ian
03-20-2008, 06:43 AM
I have absolutely no respect for anyone who quits this game. Honestly, it's been on for like 14 seasons or something, if you haven't figured out by now that it's HARD .... really, REALLY H-A-R-D HARD ... then you've got a screw loose.

I especially loved the part when she said, "I just don't want anyone to think I'm quitting ... :crying: "

Umm, Kathy? You are quitting!!!

I was really glad to see her go. She was a flake and she annoyed the heck out of me from day one. I wasn't all that sad to see Tracy leave, either. Something about her turned me off almost immediately.

I will say, however, that Ozzy seems to have grown a rather large chip on his shoulder that he didn't have before. He's gone from likeable to arrogant IMO and I'm kinda hoping something happens to take him down a peg or two.

RenDuran
03-20-2008, 07:16 AM
I will say, however, that Ozzy seems to have grown a rather large chip on his shoulder that he didn't have before. He's gone from likeable to arrogant IMO and I'm kinda hoping something happens to take him down a peg or two.

I only got to see the last 10 minutes last night, but I do agree that Ozzy has become too big for his britches! Of course, I never liked him, so I'm just looking for an excuse to dislike him even more! ;)

As far as the other things that went on, I have to watch the show! But I had stated a while back that I thought Kathy was manic depressive. She's way too up and down and reminds me of a friend that has the same disorder.

murphy1
03-20-2008, 07:44 AM
I also only caught the last few minutes. It seems like everyone is targeting Ozzy, but he is a huge threat going towards the end. Parvati is strategizing next week with the girls it looks like, at least she is playing better than most all these people. Wow, I missed the whole Kathy thing, I don't even know why she and Chet were there. Sonja, I think you might be right about the thing with Kathy. She is on pretty golf courses all day, guess she doesn't expect the jungle either.

offwego
03-20-2008, 08:18 AM
I've been trying to remember who else quit? I can think of lots (like Chet) who say "vote me" but out right quit? It just seemed odd to me but I do agree she was quite done with the game in her mind and body.

And anyone else wondering what they are going to do about being two eliminations ahead now?

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I've been trying to remember who else quit?

I can remember a few others who have quit: Janu from the Palau season... Olsten from Pearl Islands, and then Sue and Jenna during the All Star Season.. so there have been several.. and there's been several of the "vote me out, I'm done" type quitters too.. don't know about anyone else.. but I believe you are quitting the game even when you are asking to be voted out.

Does anyone else think that Ozzy's team may be losing because Ozzy seems to think he's the one and only one to do the challenges so the rest of the team is letting him, thus not trying as hard?

Carol
03-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Personally I think Ozzie is an amazing player and I'm hoping he goes all the way.

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Personally I think Ozzie is an amazing player and I'm hoping he goes all the way.

Oh man, me too!! I hope he is the winner as well. Go Ozzie!!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
I think the favorites all have a danger of coming off as arrogant, but I think it's more that they have done this, know what they're doing, and have a lot less patience for the whining and slacking. Ozzy could naturally be getting more arrogant, but why not? He's in his element and the adoration of Erik and dependence of the others on him would feed that ego. But I still think he's amazing to watch and probably a decent guy.

James made me laugh last night with his comments. "The game is called Survivor." And I was with him on that. How could Kathy be surprised? They've always shown how everyone gets beaten down by the elements out there. They can't show five hour rainstorms. It's only an hour-long show. I was really impressed with how kind everyone was to her on her leaving, but I wondered if maybe they were just glad to be rid of her by then. She was bringing them all down.

Tracy, bye now. Talk about arrogant. She had that smug smirk and wink when she thought the voting would go her way, and then she lost it fast once Jeff started reading names. They need Ozzy until the merge. Then they can take him down a few pegs. And yes, Shari, it looks like Parvati gets smart and starts working a strategy that doesn't depend on flirting. Oh, and, Cirie's still there.

offwego
03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Tracey did seem awfully sure of herself and I don't think that helped. And it doesn't seem to me that the whole "he's/she's a threat I'm not" thing ever works very well.

Looking forward to a merge on this one as I think it will be interesting if James and Ozzy and Amanda & Pavarti get back together intact. In particular since they seem to all be playing a strong game physically and mentally still. (anyone else think the one thing this mix has shown is that knowing what your getting into is the biggest advantage?)

murphy1
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I really love Ozzie, and just want to see him keep going. We knew he would start getting these kinds of comments. I don't find Oz arrogant. Personal reasons aside, at this point I think the favorites are doing much better than any of the fans and would like to see one of them win. But they need to get Cerie off the puzzles, she isn't good at them.

Ian
03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't want to give the wrong impression ... I still like Ozzie and want him to win it all (since Jonathan left, anyway). I still think he's the greatest Survivor ever, in a physical sense. Maybe not the best mental player ever, but he's so good in the challenges it almost doesn't matter.

I was merely pointing out that he seems to have lost some of his humility, which was part of what made him appealing. I thought that even when he was protesting that he wasn't really the tribe leader he came off as sounding insincere. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and that he is absolutely leading these people around by the nose.

TheDuckRocks
03-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Oh man, me too!! I hope he is the winner as well. Go Ozzie!!! :thumbsup:

I'm another one 100% in Ozzie's corner!

Kathy's not thinking that it would be so hard is just plain dumb! We have been talking at home for weeks about how we think this year, except for the injury to Jonathon, has been very easy in relationship to past years. How many times in the past have seen so many people bug bit, so thin you could count all their ribs and just plain :ack:ing.

RenDuran
03-20-2008, 04:46 PM
I just watched Kathy's departure and it was interesting. What an emotional mess. I felt more sorry for the girls standing around trying to figure out what to say to her, than for Kathy. That chick is crazy!

I was sad to see Tracy go. After watching her deal with Joel, I thought she may have more of a chance. No one else on the show has been interesting enough for me to want them to win. Of the favorites, I like Ami....she's a little dull, but she's taking some risks lately with trying to vote with the non-favorites.

pixiesmimi
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought the same thing about Ozzy trying to do all the challenges when he kept going out by himself in the puzzle challenge. Give some others a chance to prove themselves. They may all have agreed that he would be faster and they could work the puzzles better but I don't thing they get to show what they can do if he always does all the hard stuff. I really thought he might have pulled a "James" this time about not using his idol because I really thought there was a good chance that he could have gone. He was a little arrogant about that.

I still don't understand why these weak people go on the show that can't even make it a few days and ask to go home. Do people actually talk them into going on the show by lying to them or convincing them the money is in their pocket?:confused: When Kathy was asking her daughter to give her strength, I thought to myself, you are asking the wrong person to give you strength. Why not ask God to do that? Might have had better results. I think she was doomed from the start because of her attitude about it and the fact that she kept getting sent to Exile Island. She never had a chance to bond with anyone. I think being there with no shelter in a rain storm would be worse than being in the camp with even a bad shelter.

Can you believe there are only 3 men left? Not sure it was smart for them to get rid of all the strong ones in regard to the challenges but it sure helps the odds for a woman to win. This is just a strange season.

murphy1
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM
That's why I credit Parvati's family with a lot of how she can deal with this stuff. They go do this kind of thing just for fun, like camping in more remote areas and she was really prepared to live in these conditions. She also has thyroid disease and is on meds like I am, some days can be tough even on meds. It's got to be a total thing out there or nothing at all.

Nascfan
03-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I have no stomache for people who quit like Kathy did. Injury is one thing. Quitting because it's hard, or you're tired, wet, and/or hungry....nope, doesn't hold water with me.

She was supposed to be a fan? Did she never see the show before? I just don't understand.

SBETigg
03-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Can you believe there are only 3 men left? Not sure it was smart for them to get rid of all the strong ones in regard to the challenges but it sure helps the odds for a woman to win. This is just a strange season.

Wait, aren't there four men? Jason, James, Erik, and Ozzy? More women than men, but only three more.

Melanie
03-23-2008, 05:20 AM
You know what's sad? I don't even know the names of the fan girls Parvati is going to try and align with next episode. Those girls have made no impression on me whatsoever, and have gotten very little screen time.

I agree with whoever said this season is strange. I'm hoping it gets better soon!

ChipnDaleGal
03-23-2008, 07:35 AM
You know what's sad? I don't even know the names of the fan girls Parvati is going to try and align with next episode. Those girls have made no impression on me whatsoever, and have gotten very little screen time.

A co-worker and I were saying the same thing after this episode Mel. Neither of us could pull up names for those two girls either.

Ian
03-23-2008, 09:13 AM

I agree with whoever said this season is strange. I'm hoping it gets better soon!Mel, that's so funny you say that because when they showed the scene from next week I was like, "Who the heck is that???"

I thought they had like visitors or family members coming in or something. Then I checked the website and I was like, "Oh ... she's a fan ... "

I had no clue.

offwego
03-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Mel, that's so funny you say that because when they showed the scene from next week I was like, "Who the heck is that???"

I thought they had like visitors or family members coming in or something. Then I checked the website and I was like, "Oh ... she's a fan ... "

I had no clue.

The only reason I have a clue about one of the "girl fans" names is cause it's the same as mine..If it wasn't for that I couldn't remember it on a bet.

pixiesmimi
03-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Wait, aren't there four men? Jason, James, Erik, and Ozzy? More women than men, but only three more.
I guess you are right. I forgot about Jason. Guess he hasn't made an impact on me yet. :blush:

I agree with whoever said this season is strange. I'm hoping it gets better soon!

I agree. When I saw Natalie (I think) last week, I'm like "who is she and where did she come from?" Seems like they have only been concentrating on the favorites and them picking each other off one by one.

Magic Smiles
03-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know why there is no Survivor on TV tonight?

KarenP
03-27-2008, 06:26 PM
NCAA basketball tournament is on.

ChipnDaleGal
03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
We were talking about no show at work today. We wondered if they didn't air on Wednesday this week, like last week, because they lost two contestants and trying to stretch the finale back another week.

offwego
03-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm wondering the same thing Donna..they sure didn't say much about it not being on. (unlike the whole.."next week on a special day" when it switched to Wed) Not even a recap episode.:mad: (I'm not really feeling basketball as a subsitute for Survivor thank you anyhow CBS)

jwildflower1981
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
It didn't come on last night either. Hopefully it'll be back next Thirsday.

RenDuran
03-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I feel your pain....I just realized there is no Survivor tonight! And that was my only plans for entertainment!

Melanie
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
We were talking about no show at work today. We wondered if they didn't air on Wednesday this week, like last week, because they lost two contestants and trying to stretch the finale back another week.

I bet you're right. In the past they've always shown on Wednesday nights during the tournament, but with so many of the 'survivors' falling unexpectedly, I guess they need to play catch up.

SBETigg
03-28-2008, 06:20 AM
I bet you're right. In the past they've always shown on Wednesday nights during the tournament, but with so many of the 'survivors' falling unexpectedly, I guess they need to play catch up.

Yes, but we normally start with 18 players and this time we started with 20. They get the same amount of broadcast weeks regardless, so it seems they planned ahead for that or they wouldn't have had eliminations on those nights besides the ones who had to pull out. We usually do have a week without a competition show, but they give us that recap show. This time, no recap. I wonder if no one watches those so it wasn't worth doing? I know I don't watch on recap week.

TheDuckRocks
03-28-2008, 06:49 AM
If I haven't missed a week I don't watch the recall weeks any more either. Boring!!! When was the last time, if ever, was something shown that had any real impact on the final winning of the game?

thrillme
03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
NCAA basketball tournament is on.

Dumb basketball game:angry: Wasn't even the Spurs. :number1: NOTHING should get in the was of Survivor...it's inexcusable!:mad:

I'm sorry...I'm mean but I don't have ANY sympathy for Kathy. She's a "fan" she's GOT to know what to expect. Before the show they are TOLD the basics. THOUSANDS of people would LOVE the "chance" (me included...I even sent in a video once).

She got the opportunity and tossed it aside. Good grief...if their team ever lost a challenge she'd be tops for being voted out anyway. Just think about all the military and contractors that are away from there families for a year or more. This was ONLY 39 days. Some kids go away to summer camp for that time. The only reason she lasted as long as she did was DUMB LUCK. Sorry all but quitters really :mad: I kind of put Chet in the same category. He was a complete waste. Jonathan...totally different story. I'd give him a hug if I could:hug: he was a real trooper.

With so many "favorite" favorites (like Ozzy and James) I just don't notice fans...however...I am starting to warm up to Erik. He's kinda like that goofy neighbor kid that always hangs around your house.

SBETigg
03-28-2008, 07:37 PM
They chose to portray Kathy as a quitter, perhaps to protect her or maybe that was really the case. But it seemed more to me that her evacuation was a medical necessity as much as Jonathan's. Her damage wasn't physical, but more to her mental health. She really seemed to lose it.

I wonder if there were medication issues or perhaps some sort of undisclosed mental condition. At any rate, her reactions on that last day seemed far from reasonable and normal. It may have been too great a risk to keep her around. I'm not sure she was actually able to continue any more than Jonathan was. I didn't have sympathy for Chet, but I do for Kathy. I think she needed help and she couldn't have foreseen that being out there would drive her to that state, no matter her familiarity with the show.

Melanie
03-28-2008, 09:59 PM
I was reading an interview with Kathy and Tracey, and they were very insistent that Chet was much worse off physically than they portrayed on the show. Not that it really changes my perception of him though.

At the same time though, with what we were presented, I don't feel much sympathy for Kathy.

SBETigg
04-04-2008, 06:44 AM
I was so happy to have Survivor back but it was an uneventful night. Erik or Ami? Who cares. Either one could have gone. I would have booted Erik, personally. He'll be more of a threat at the merge. But he does make me smile for his resemblance to characters from 70s TV shows. Time warp: is this Survivor or Battle of the Network Stars? Of course, Ami was the smarter choice if they don't know a merge is coming. This team needs a win.

It would have been a smart time to target Cirie, actually. She's under the radar after merge, certainly no physical threat, and manipulative. She's already swayed two votes her way. I think Ozzy and James (my favorites to watch) are really vulnerable going to a merge. I'm fearing that Ozzy won't play the idol at the right time out of the temptation to lure the fake idol into play. We could see a female final four for the first time.

RenDuran
04-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Ami just couldn't fix her cheating ways with those tears! Wow...that was a great little speech she gave at tribal council.

Parvati has never been a favorite of mine. She exploits her womanly charms too much. But her calling Jason a "loser" definitely put her on my bad side. The guy caught a rat and made dinner! What more could you ask for?!;)

Would someone please vote off Cirie?

JanetMegan
04-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Wow I was glad they voted off Ami, I didn't like her the first time around. I was also really glad Erik seemed to be ok after smashing his chest like that. All the previous had made me so worried about him I could hardly watch the challenge cause I hate seeing people get hurt...

offwego
04-04-2008, 08:56 AM
That was an oddly flat episode aside from Ami and all the crying. What was she trying to do with that? And she had tried to do stuff to get either Ozzy or one of the other faves so I couldn't figure out why she was so upset. I'm happy with the vote, not sure about the merge for next week though.

TheDuckRocks
04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
This was like avery bad Survivor version of the movie Dumb and Dumber last night.
Ami being Dumb not figuring out that the first time one of the people she was trying to use to double cross one of the favorites would "rat" her out if they felt threatened.
And the rest of them were Dumber not remembering that the last time Ami was on Survivor she was a huge back stabber.
Hopefully this will get more interesting next week with the merge when it will be every man or woman for themself.

tinkerbell04
04-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I am really hoping that the merge can spice things up a little bit. I have found most of this season fairly boring!:mickey:

Melanie
04-04-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm fearing that Ozzy won't play the idol at the right time out of the temptation to lure the fake idol into play.

I'm thinking something like this is going to happen as well. Remember Jeff saying someone does something even dumber than James' genious move of not playing one of his idols last season.

KarenP
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
It would have been a smart time to target Cirie, actually. She's under the radar after merge, certainly no physical threat, and manipulative. She's already swayed two votes her way. I think Ozzy and James (my favorites to watch) are really vulnerable going to a merge. I'm fearing that Ozzy won't play the idol at the right time out of the temptation to lure the fake idol into play. We could see a female final four for the first time.

I agree with you. For the life of me I don't know why they don't get rid of Cirie. She appears to be pretty much telling the others what to do as far as voting yet no one seems to think of her as a threat.

I also fear for Ozzy and James when the tribes merge. Since everyone plays the game in anticipation of a merge I would for once like to see Survivor not have one. Not sure exactly how that would play out though.

Ian
04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I kinda think Cirie's time will come. I'm fairly certain the others are just stringing her along until the time is right. I don't know that Cirie is calling the shots quite like she thinks she is. I think it just so happens that, up until this point, her interests have also been their interests.

Once those two diverge, things will change.

SBETigg
04-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I kinda think Cirie's time will come. I'm fairly certain the others are just stringing her along until the time is right. I don't know that Cirie is calling the shots quite like she thinks she is. I think it just so happens that, up until this point, her interests have also been their interests.

Once those two diverge, things will change.

I'd like to agree with you again, Ian. We've been having such a good week. :) But I tend to think Cirie could go a long way post-merge. I wouldn't be surprised to see her make final six, at least, and even final four. She's the least athletic person remaining and she tends to keep her manipulation low key. I think she could have them all looking the other way before they even think to be rid of her.

We'll see how it goes. She'll have to be on her toes because she's not really "in" with any particular group to make final four as it is, but I don't rule her out easily as she has been so good at planning ahead and placing herself to best advantage.

thrillme
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm glad they went for Ami. I kinda have a soft spot for Erik. He's sort of a big goofy kid. I think he has "loyalty" to the favorites. Erik was telling the truth. Ami was quite "flip flopsy". I think if she felt the "fans" had even the slightest better pull she would have switched in a heartbeat and pulled the others over to her side after the merge.

She was quite a backstabber in her first one. I did feel a bit sorry for her in the end but she put herself in that position. The others never played alliances.

Right now I'm getting very worried about James and Ozzy getting "duped" by their "girls".

I'm still :mad: at Circe for voting out Yao Mon. For some reason I just can't "shake" that. Now I don't think there's anything she can do to get back into my "good graces". It's sad because I really loved the idea of her being on. She was wonderful in her original Survivor...

SBETigg
04-11-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm an Ozzy fan, but I have to say he was a little smug and cocky last night. He needed to be brought down a notch. Does he think he's the Grand Mac Daddy of all Survivordom? Yes, apparently. So, good for Jason. But then, bad for Jason, because his head quickly inflated and his win put a huge target on his back for next time. It didn't hurt to lose Eliza, and I was glad to see that was desperate enough to try the Idol. Funny!

I really felt for Amanda last night. It would have been smart to get something going against Alexis. Eliza would have done anything to stay and she's disposable later. Alexis is a real threat. I think Amanda's insecurity kept her from hatching a real plan. Parvati may have made a bad move in conflicting her loyalties. What happens when it comes down to final four? Cirie is just sitting back waiting for it to unfold. My guess is that her plan would be to eliminate the male power players and then drop a few bombs among the women to turn them against each other, let her play friend to everyone, and skate to the finish. It could work.

offwego
04-11-2008, 08:02 AM
The whole fake idol thing was too funny. Jason really really seemed to think that stick was the real deal. That challenge looked hard! The previews for next week didn't seem to have a lot in them but it will be intersting to see what Jason does now with the no idol, large target, no allies place he's in.

JanetMegan
04-11-2008, 08:17 AM
I have thought the last two episodes were kinda boring. BUT if I was Amanda and Alexis was laying all over my man, I'd be PEEVED!!! She better watch out!

thrillme
04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I was all for voting Alexis out but Eliza was just darting around like a little RAT. Good grief why on earth should ANYBODY trust her. The stick thing was quite funny. The look on Jason's face was soooo perplexed when Eliza was telling him "that's not the idol".

They'd better keep an eye on Jason. In Ozzy's defense he can say that perhaps he's NOT as much of a threat as Jason. If he WAS such a threat then perhaps HIS tribe would have won all their challenges...I'd LOVE to see Ozzy and James in the final. I'm a little concerned about Pavariti. I really hate to see her "flip". I think if she sticks with her original allies then she's GUARANTEED final 4 and she will have a FAIR shot at the final 3. But if she "flips" alliances...then...all could be lost.

I wonder if Eliza will be the FIRST Jury member?

Chrisx2
04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
The whole conversation between Jason and Eliza about the idol was hysterical. "It's a stick!"

I was glad to see Eliza go. Not sure how this one is going to pan out. I do like Ozzy but I think he might be getting a little big for his britches...

Nascfan
04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I wonder if Eliza will be the FIRST Jury member?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I heard Jeff say that last night.

Ian
04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes, Eliza is the first jury member ...

I dunno ... I've been kinda bored the last few weeks with this show. I didn't even watch the whole thing last night because I find myself flipping channels.

I wonder if this is maybe the end of Survivor for me. It has been around an awful long time and I'm thinking the shine is off the apple. They gotta do something to freshen it up or I may bail.

pixiesmimi
04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought Eliza playing the fake idol was so funny last night. It would have been funnier if Jason had played it and given the other immunity necklace to Eliza or if Eliza had not suspected that it was not real. But the look on their faces was so funny. I couldn't believe that Ozzy still did not use his. He is so confident that he isn't getting voted off that it would have been really funny if he had last night and didn't use his idol.

Melanie
04-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Eliza said in her closing remarks that she knew the idol was fake and was just trying to expose Ozzy. I believe her, and it worked.

I also have always liked Ozzy, but I'm not as warm to him now as I was on his original season. I too think he's gotten a little big for his britches.

RenDuran
04-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Eliza had to know that "idol" was fake when she played it....she had only said several times that it wasn't anything but a stick! I thought it was funny that Ozzy couldn't help but laugh...it was amusing watching everyone's faces as Eliza fumbled around for her "idol".

Parvati is getting so annoying. She's about as cocky as Ozzy. The one thing in her favor is that great smile!

Ian
04-12-2008, 11:14 AM
See, I even thought the whole fake idol thing was kinda dull. It's been done already. The first time it was funny, this time it was like, "Eh, I've seen this before."

KarenP
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I am enjoying this season much more than I have the past few. I am still wishing they would wake up and get rid of Cirie.

murphy1
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
We're a little worried about her this week. I have a feeling she has painted herself into a corner.

SBETigg
04-16-2008, 09:49 AM
We're a little worried about her this week. I have a feeling she has painted herself into a corner.

I would be really worried about Alexis. She's cute. She's smart. She's not bad at challenges but not noticeably superior. She's a motivational speaker, which is odd because we haven't seen her speak much or be all that motivational but maybe she's saving it up. We don't know much about Natalie. I think the Favorites might be most at risk at this point because we know, and the fans know, the most about their strengths and weaknesses.

I'm really surprised to see Parvati abandoning her flirt strategy in favor of a girl power final four. But maybe she's got us all fooled. If James, Oz, Amanda, and Parvati stick together, they could have it wrapped up, with Cirie as a swing vote to abandon toward the end. I don't trust Alexis and Natalie not to stick with Erik and Jason and try to eliminate more Favorites, starting with Ozzy if they can force his hand to play the Idol and make him vulnerable.

murphy1
04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
I know Parvati really liked Cirie a lot and is still good friends with James now (I mean friends, not boyfriend), so it will be interesting.

pixiesmimi
04-17-2008, 09:44 PM
OMG!!!! :jaw: Can you say SURPRISE!?! I only got to watch the last 20 minutes tonight and need to go back and watch the rest of the show, but talk about a shocker! I kept saying the last few weeks that Ozzy was stupid to think that they wouldn't get him sooner or later and was too stuck on himself to use the idol. I would have thought James would have warned him about this.

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2008, 10:03 PM
James did tell Ozzy he felt a weird vibe. That was totally stupid on Ozzy's part. I couldn't believe he went out of the challenge for food. I'm sad because I was rooting for him, but he really only has himself to blame. I don't blame those girls for voting him out, that was a smart move. I think I am now rooting for Erik to win. He really seems like a good guy.

SBETigg
04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
OMG!!!! :jaw: Can you say SURPRISE!?! I only got to watch the last 20 minutes tonight and need to go back and watch the rest of the show, but talk about a shocker! I kept saying the last few weeks that Ozzy was stupid to think that they wouldn't get him sooner or later and was too stuck on himself to use the idol. I would have thought James would have warned him about this.

I don't think James or Amanda had any idea. They said they weren't telling James, Amanda, or Erik. Jeff practically spelled it out for him. It was too, too thoughtless of him. I just love James's little witty lines. I hate to think he could be next. That donut speech at TC had me laughing. I had no idea what he was trying to say. Hahaha!

Not feeling great about Parvati's chances right now. People will probably bring her to final three, but she can't possibly draw in enough votes to win it. I thought I would like her giving up the flirt strategy in favor of girl power, but I'm not that invested in Natalie or Alexis and I thought it was disappointing to see her turn on her foursome alliance with James, Amanda, and Oz. Cirie, no surprise there. That's how she moves. But Parvati, tsk tsk!

Lacy
04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
I was disappointed to see Ozzy go because he's one of my favorite Survivors and he is just fun to watch in the challenges. However, he has absolutely no one else to blame but himself. Even Jeff told him to play the idol.

I just don't care for Parvati but this may have been a smart move for her and I definitely think it was a smart move for Cirie. I think I'm pulling for Cirie now. I don't see James being able to get much farther.

Ian
04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Pretty cool ... finally something interesting and unexpected happened.

To show you how jaded I've become with this season, I didn't believe for one minute they were going to vote off Ozzie. I figured for sure it was just going to be more of the same.

I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong. Honestly, I think after all that lying at the challenge, he kinda got what he deserved. He definitely changed this season and not for the better. I'm happy to see him have to eat some crow.

SBETigg
04-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Pretty cool ... finally something interesting and unexpected happened.

To show you how jaded I've become with this season, I didn't believe for one minute they were going to vote off Ozzie. I figured for sure it was just going to be more of the same.

I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong. Honestly, I think after all that lying at the challenge, he kinda got what he deserved. He definitely changed this season and not for the better. I'm happy to see him have to eat some crow.

It was a well-deserved plate of crow, but I'll miss watching him in the game. How could he not have seen that coming? I was uncomfortable with the way they planned to lie and oust Jason anyway. Fingers crossed? What is this, seventh grade? I agree that it was stupid of Jason to trust them, but I would have kept my word if I made that promise.

offwego
04-18-2008, 07:28 AM
The whole fingers crossed thing was so silly. I'm sorry to see Ozzy go from an entertainment point of view. But he had every chance to see it coming and missed it.

A really good episode!

murphy1
04-18-2008, 07:49 AM
That was a fun show! We watched with her family, so it was actually great to see her win the challenge. Parvati took Pilates with one of the previous Survivor winners, so that's how she was able to stay up there that long. Sherri, I kind of feel better about how she will do, I think she has a good chance to get to the FF. Her dad told me that she got mad b/c Amanda and Ozzy started hoarding food, so it kind of put things into perspective for her. I feel the way you do Ian about most all my reality shows, the only one I really like anymore is Project Runway, it's always new and exciting (but you probably aren't interested in that one, LOL), but who knows b/c they are momight moving it to Lifetime and it might not be as good.

Eliza's face was really hysterical at TC!

Melanie
04-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Ozzy said it all in his goodbye speech - he was a fool. And that was the big goof Jeff was talking about. I do enjoy surprising episodes like that.

JanetMegan
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Re: james warning Ozzy-

I think a couple times last night James warned Ozzy that Pavarti was acting odd, playing "girl power" and all that jazz. So I think it was Ozzy's own dumb fault! That being said, I really enjoyed that episode and actually the whole James-donut speech was really good and funny!

JanetMegan
04-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Can't resist...

“Just because you’ve gotten on everybody’s nerves doesn’t mean a doughnut’s going to make it better. You really can’t expect to appease everybody over a doughnut. So, if you tempt somebody with a doughnut and they say, “Heck
yeah, sure!” they might just want the darn doughnut.”

:exactly:

(Slightly edited per TOS)