PDA

View Full Version : Ah, sigh, my Port Orleans

dinahvixen
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
I just loaded all our vacation pictures into the album and I am SO glad I took so many pictures of Port Orleans (riverside). It was so beautiful and peaceful and just so lush and such a retreat. We can't imagine going anywhere else. We didn't linger nearly enough at the hotel; but we sure will next time. No more all stars for us! Even though we pretty much are at the parks exept for sleeping and swimming breaks, it was such a refreshing and lovely enviroment to come back to or to start the day with. We've never been to any of the other moderates and I don't think we ever will! We didn't even mind the walk (and the frequent bouts of getting lost) walking all the way back to building 28. Boy do I miss it! And the pool - perfect depth, perfect temperature, perfect ambient music...
And the food court, great choices, great atmosphere.
Ah. sigh.

jodijo
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I am so glad you had a great time at POR. We are staying there for the 1st time in Feb. From what you wrote, it sounds wonderful. I am now even more excited than before (if that's possible).

brewcrew26
11-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear you had a great trip there. I love it there, too! I actually have the main building as my wallpaper at work right now.

Goofy Pluto
11-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I fully concur. I can't wait to stay there again some day when we can afford it...

ibrowse17
11-02-2007, 03:11 PM
45 days until we check in at the Mint. We are really looking forward to our first stay at POFQ:thumbsup:

browneyedgirl12
11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
POR is my favorite resort ever. You are soo right about everything, sometimes I wonder if I go to Disney for the parks or just so I can stay at POR I absoluley love it there. I can't wait only 310 more days :mickey:

#1donaldfan
11-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm sure glad you enjoyed our home away from home. We have only stayed at POR AB and will only stay there exclusively. The memories and thoughts you posted are ours exactly!!!! You didn't mention the GREAT breakfast at Boatwrights...I sure hope you had a chance to do that.....glad you had a great trip and hopefully we'll be there in mid '08....:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
We love POR too...and POFQ...we actually suggested to DD that we try somewhere new on our next trip and she said no way...

dinahvixen
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
We did in fact have breakfast at Boatwrights - too much food for us to eat; cinnamon french toast for me, omelet for DH, and mickey pancake for DD. We fed those everpresent ibises outside the foodcourt! I actually think my dd fed every bird on disney property. Neat atmosphere there, too. Good idea about the screen saver, I think I will change my castle over to the main building too!

garymacd
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
We've never been to any of the other moderates and I don't think we ever will!

I was just thinking - wistfully, for I wish I was back there, too - while reading your post that maybe you should visit the other moderates. That way, you will appreciate the beauties, wonders and charms (and beignets:cloud9:) of our Port Orleans.

Sigh...

Port Orleans...ohm...

blood pressure coming down...

sleepingbooty
11-03-2007, 04:17 PM
We were there in September and loved it as well! Except, I didn't get near enough pictures of the grounds for my scrapbook! You would care to share some would you? If so, pm me.