PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the Tulum Ruins Beach tour in Cozumel?

Tinkermom
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
We are looking at doing this tour. Our kids are ages 13, 11, and 6. What was it like? How long do you have at the beach? This excursion got a high rating in the Passporter. We wanted to do the Jeep tour but we cannot with our 6 year old. Any thoughts are appreciated! :mickey:

Tink1
11-02-2007, 09:55 AM
My son did this tour with my friend and her family. He said it was very good,a nd enjoued it. Also notes that it was VERY hot and to bring bug spray.

He said they were at the beach for about 1.5 to2 hours when they went.

They all enjoyed it, the kids were in their early teens when they did it.

Nanci

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Do you get to visit the ruins? I've been to the ruins outside of Mexico City and then to the ones in Tikal. The latter trip was one of the highlights of this girl's tourist trips ever.

Tinkermom
11-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Do you get to visit the ruins? I've been to the ruins outside of Mexico City and then to the ones in Tikal. The latter trip was one of the highlights of this girl's tourist trips ever.

Yes, you get to visit the ruins. I saw the Tulum ruins one night on either The Learning Channel or Discovery. It looks amazing. It looks like it is up on some cliffs overlooking the ocean. Just beautiful! My only concern is for our 6 year old daughter. I was wondering how long the actual tour of the ruins is. I don't want her to get bored. I do not think walking around will bother her since we do this at WDW all of the time. I also think that since we get to go to the beach she and our boys will love that.

Tink1
11-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I will ask him how long they toured for, but I do remember him saying how long and boring the bus ride to the ruins were. You may want to take a game boy or something for that portion of it.

Nanc

obsidiansti
12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Tulum is really nice. I don't know how much the excursion costs but my GF and I did it on our own for a total of about $40. That covered the taxi, ferry, bus, and entrance to the site for two people.