PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review from end of October trip

murphy1
11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Thought I would give you guys a quick one:mickey:

Our favorite all around meal: Garden Grill, excellent food, service (our third time eating here), great character interaction (they came around twice) and we like the revolving floor (it's slow, you won't get ill ) We also like to get our FP for Soarin' in am and it's our time to go on the ride after we eat, so that's relaxing.

Favorite CS Meal: Columbia Harbor House and Patisserie in France. Both are relaxing and the food is good in each place, it's a nice break from a hectic park day.

Least favorite meal: This is JMO, but it was San Angel Inn. The service was overly rushed, not friendly, the food was just okay, bordering blah and we have much better Mexican food here in GA due to more Mexican immigrants opening good restaurants. I DO love the layered margaritas at the Margarita Stand, they are fantastic!!

Favorite snack: Pineapple float, I tried this and it is even better than just a Dole Whip, b/c it was a Dole Whip on top of pineapple juice and it's in a neat cup, so it's not as messy and it's heavenly! Please try one if you never have.

Honorable Mention: Liberty Tree Taven. We went here at the Halloween Party last Friday in October and the food was great! The flank steak was really good and it will be a must do if we go back during the Party again. We loved the characters, too and service was great.

SBETigg
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Oh, I was hoping you would like San Angel Inn. Drat! But you gave it a try. Fun atmosphere, anyway? Not a total bust? I've still not tried Garden Grill but I keep thinking we should. Thanks for the reviews!

January-2007
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

murphy1
11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Sherri, It wasn't terrible, but the other thing that peeved me was that they put us in that back area by the rest rooms and it was so busy there and we couldn't see the volcano area. Then these poor people were so rudely shot down when they said they wanted to sit in the main dining area near the boats passing, we didn't even ask! LOL

On the positive side, the kids enjoyed it, so it wasn't a bust, when you've got the under 10 set, you're happy they like the place!

SBETigg
11-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Sherri, It wasn't terrible, but the other thing that peeved me was that they put us in that back area by the rest rooms and it was so busy there and we couldn't see the volcano area. Then these poor people were so rudely shot down when they said they wanted to sit in the main dining area near the boats passing, we didn't even ask! LOL

Oh, bummer. Yes, it is discouraging to ask after you see someone else shot down right before you. And you were way out in the market area, practically, so even the atmosphere wasn't quite all it could be, though I think it's festive there too. I'm glad it wasn't terrible, but wish it had been better for you.

mudpuppysmom
11-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for your review. We have thought a few times about eating at Garden Grill (DS thought is was cool), so we may give it a whirl in January!

I will concur on San Angel Inn......DS and I ate there last year on the CP pkg and I passed up Biergarten to give this one a try. I'll never make that mistake again!! While we were seated where we could see the volcano and the boats going by (not right on the water, but against the wall). Our server basically ignored us -- he knew the people at the table next to us and just fawned over them the entire time. Our meals were blah (I'll say it). DS really didn't like the darkness of the place and he said he couldn't see his food (he was 4)! It was our first try and we more than likely will not be back for a really long time, if ever.

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Shari, thanks for your reviews! You've concured on so many of our favorites: Garden Grill, LTT, Dole floats :cloud9:. I'd love to try the Patisserie for lunch one of these trips as it would be a nice change from the normal park fare. Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip to SAI. I like it there and we've always had good service, but that just might be because I tend to treat the CMs like my long-lost primo Vicente.

Gosh, my Lean Pocket suddently a very sad choice for lunch. ;)

BriarRose0708
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your reviews! I love Colombia Harbor house too!

murphy1
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Gosh, my Lean Pocket suddently a very sad choice for lunch. ;)

LOL Ellen! So was my sandwich!