PDA

View Full Version : MGM CS Special Diet Kid's Choices

LibertyTreeGal
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Okay, here is why survey of MGM choices for kids on a no sugar, fried, nitrate, etc... diet. I omit dairy as well, but leave in cheese since real cheese doesn't contain the lactose that gives most people problems.

So without further ado --

ABC Commissary has a Vegetable Noodle Stirfry, but I am not going to recommend it simply because there are too many variables with Asian dishes -- from the noodles to the sauces, many of which are loaded with salt and sugar, but you know your own kid so i wanted to at least let you know it is an option. I am going to try and check as many of these out as possible, where there are questionable things like -- it says a drumstick, is that baked or fried??

Anaheim Produce has a selection of fruits available, and veggies but they include fat-free ranch dressing instead of leaving them as is. They also have a trail mix, but I don't know if it has chocolate in it so you will have to ask for yourself. Andy wants me to mention that they also have pickles, which he cannot live without :) They also have granola bars, but many of these are loaded with sugar.

Backlot Express has the famous Chilled Chicken with Veggies. Maybe you can successfully get your child to eat this, but I can't...

Catalina Eddie's has no kid's menu, so I am assuming you can order whatever you want with child's credits. They have a chicken ceasar salad, and also a hot italian deli sandwich (but since it doesn't say what type of bread I would assume it is white bread).

Flatbread Grill has a chicken drumstick (no idea whether this is fried or not), or a grilled chicken wrap.

Toy Story Pizza Planet -- they ahve a wonderful sounding salad (and no children's menu so I think it's fair game) with kalamata olives, pepperoncini, feta cheese, onions, tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette. You can pick out the pepperoncini if you can't do nitrates :thumbsup:

As I said, I'll be doing some research "on the ground" and I would appreciate more input.