PDA

View Full Version : Leaving In 24 Days!!

BigFatDaddy
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi All,

I just wanted to thank all you Intercotees for all the help you've given us in planning our WDW trip. We booked it back in March and have been reading the discussion boards every day since to get ourselves prepared. My wife Connie and I were there 25 years ago right after getting married. All that was there was MK. I can't wait to see it now!. Ever since our Son and Daughter were little we told them we would take them to WDW. Well now that they're 18 and 14 I guess it's about time!. The only question I have now is , we're going to be in the World 10 days. And are also planning to see Sea World , Busch Gardens and Universal, spending a day at each. Is this doable or we gonna be way too rushed?. Last thing, I just know I'm going to walk through the castle and just Lose It!. It really is something you dream about your whole life and to share it with your family...!! I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from. Thanks again for all your help.
Craig

Jeri Lynn
11-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Craig,
First of all, Welcome to Intercot!!

You are lucky to be spending 10 days at the World!!

IMO you will have time to see everything if you plan it right, but if your main goal is to make sure you see everything at WDW then why not go to Seaworld, Universal and Busch Gardens at the end of the trip?

Personally I was not impressed at all with Busch Gardens and Universal really didn't do much for me, I've never been to Seaworld.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation!!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Let me say WELCOME!
And have a great time in WDW!:mickey:
I can only give an opinion on SeaWorld, never been to Universal or Busch Gardens.
SeaWorld was O.K., not exciting, just O.K. The Kraken was not operating on the day that we went, so that could affect my opinion.
Either way, it sounds like a great trip is planned. Give all of the parks a try and let us know how you liked them!:thumbsup:

mousetrapper
11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I just love your post! You remind me so much of my DH...he is a big, macho guy but he gets very mushy when it comes to Disney! It's such a wonderful thing -- all of us, DH, two DDs (now 16 & 13) and me all love Disney equally. Going to WDW is an amazing life experience we can share together!

I can't comment on your day trips outside of WDW I'm afraid. For us, it's all WDW, all the time!;)

No matter what you do, have an absolutely magical time!

And...welcome to Intercot!:mickey:

DDuck66
11-02-2007, 09:41 AM
WELCOME!!!
Your plan sounds wonderful and you can do it with some careful planning. I have been to Seaworld and (IMHO) I was NOT impressed. I had expected some serious scientific research and exhibits about the marine life and environment and what you really got was animals doing "stupid" human tricks. It was amusing but I preferred DTD. In fact we cut our trip short and just went to DTD for the day. I have never been to Universal but have been told that it is better, especially if you like thrill/adventure rides.
Have fun!!!!!!

JWB3
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Along with everyone else, a big WELCOME! You guys are going to have a great time and will just be blown away with all that's new!

I'd have to recommend a day or two at most at Universal - some of the rides and coasters are pretty astounding, esp. The Mummy, Spiderman (amazing!), Men in Black, the Hulk (incredible!) and Dragon coasters. A lot of the rest was just OK or seemed geared more for younger kids. Be warned: lines can be long. We stayed onsite (Jan. 06) and had resort fastpass-like priviledges - hardly ever a wait for us, but much longer for day visitors.

I was not impressed with Sea World: it seemed like it was designed to go from one cheesey show to another. Then you spend the time in between shows trying to see over or through the crowds at the assorted sea life exhibits. Normally, I like that kind of stuff, but at Seaworld, trying to see over the crowd or inch in to look over the edge was a hassle and didn't seem worth the $45 per.

Haven't been to Busch Gardens so can't comment - kind of sounds like Disney MK with beer! Hmm, maybe not such a bad thing...

Anyway, have fun at WDW!!

Bethanymouse
11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy every minute, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with how much it has changed!

heidi614
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
10 days in Orlando, that leaves 7 for Disney. That should be fine. Do you have all your ADR's? You may not loose it when you go through the castle but you will when you watch Wishes Fireworks! Sit in front of the Castle when it goes dark, TInker Belle flies from the top left hand side down! Really cool!

Last minute advice, Take your time. Plan at least two days at Magic Kingdom. Don't miss the parades, get your seats at least one hour ahead of time. Go see Beauty and the Beast at MGM and Fantasmic! Do one section of MK at a time do everything in that sectoin then go to the next. MK is too big to go to tomorrowland, back to adventureland etc...Look at the maps, circle all to do in that area and do it. Just stop and look around at the grounds, surroundings, smells, smiles, and you know your at DISNEY!