PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movies in parks

jclightchasr
11-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Couple questions for everyone:
1. What is your favorite disney movie portrayed in the parks and why?
2. What Disney movie would you most like seen portrayed in the parks and how would you like it done?
3. Do you prefer traditional hand-drawn Animation or Pixar and why?

Figgyluv03
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
1.) The Little Mermaid. I love the show in MGM.
2.) Sleeping Beauty, I know her castle is in DL, but they need more in WDW, maybe a ride or something.
3.) I prefer the hand drawn animation. Wished they had some more movies out like that.

King Triton
11-01-2007, 12:37 PM
This is a tougher question than I initially thought:

1. I was thinking of Festival of the Lion King or maybe Haunted Mansion (but the movie wasn't that great), but I'll have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean, now that it has been renovated. HM and POTC are kind of backwards because the attraction pre-dated (and inspired) the movie(s).

2. This is rarely mentioned when this question comes up, but I think a 'National Treasure' attraction would be very cool. This was an underrated movie and I see a sequel is coming out, so if it does well...maybe! How they would do it, I'm not sure...but I'm sure the Imagineers could have a good time with this movie.

3. As much as I appreciate the effort in hand-drawn, I think I'm leaning more towards computer generated animation. Some of the stuff Pixar has done has been remarkable and I think they can crank it out a lot faster.

LibertyTreeGal
11-01-2007, 12:46 PM
1. Cinderella, the whole splendor of the castle, the carousel.... *sigh* and the movie is a classic.
2. Beauty and the Beast -- I know they have the stage show and all, but it would be a great dark ride. Belle is also my all time favorite Disney heroine (closely followed by Cinderella).
3. If the storylines were still there, I'd say hand-drawn, but Pixar is riveting both visually and storywise. It's been a long time sicne they made cartoon magic at Disney, I haven't been blown away since the opening sequence of Lion King.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
2. What Disney movie would you most like seen portrayed in the parks and how would you like it done?
3. Do you prefer traditional hand-drawn Animation or Pixar and why? :pixie: My favorites are:
1. Animal Kingdom-The Legend of the Lion King
2. MGM-Indiana Jones
3. Epcot-The Seas with Nemo
4. Magic Kingdom-Cinderella's Castle-Its just not DW without it

I wish they had a Sleeping Beauty Attraction

I probably prefer traditional but Pixar is good too

laprana
11-01-2007, 01:07 PM
1.) I'd have to say Peter Pan or POTC - love the rides and movies for both.

2.) I'd love to see them make a ride from The Incredibles, probably in MGM/DHS. Would make a great dark ride or some kind of interactive roller coaster.

3.) I think I probably prefer Pixar, but I love the classic Disney films that are done in hand-drawn animation like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, etc. But for newer movies, I'm more likely to go to the movies and see a Pixar film than a hand-drawn one.

Marker
11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
3. Do you prefer traditional hand-drawn Animation or Pixar and why?

1 - I think I'm going to have to go with Cinderella also. Cinderella's Castle is not just the central Icon for MK, but to me, it's the icon for all of WDW, if not all of Disney. The Castle, and the look and feel of Fantasyland to me set the tone for whole experience.

2 - It's difficult to isolate one particular movie to use, there are so many that could be effectively used. However, I will say that I could like to see Disney's live action films use much more extensively at The Studios. Leave the animated feature references to MK, and use live action stuff at The Studios.

3 - I'm going to say that I prefer tradional animation. However, it's also kind of like asking me if I prefer steak or chicken, I like them both. As long the story is there, and the production quality is there, I'm not sure if the method matters all that much. I also suspect there may be an age factor in which method people prefer. I was raised on traditional animation. I guess it's what my eye knows. For me it's got much more "personality".

DizneeFan13
11-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I really like this question!!

1. I think I would have to go with either Peter Pan (a classic must-do for my family), or Bug's Life (It's Tough To Be A Bug). My kid's really like that one also..

2. My vote would have been to put an Atlantis ride where the submarine rides had been. I know everyone really likes the Nemo ride at DL but it sat there for so long - it just screamed to me for an Atlantis ride..

3. I love the old hand drawn animation - and the most recently drawn movie that I liked would be "Lilo and Stitch" - a lot of the other newer stuff is really not so good in comparison. The Pixar stuff is amazing though - I don't want to take away anything from them.. Some of the hand-drawn stuff you have to take in context - like my personal favorite "The Emporer's New Groove." It may not have the classic look, but I think it was still very well done..

Thinking about this was great fun.

cal5755
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
1. My all time favorite is Festival of The Lion King. I can't really describe the feeling I get everytime I go see it.

2. I would love to see a ride that featured all of the princesses. Kind of like a big viewfinder... you click the button and the wheel turns and you get a new scene. Have a scene for each princess...of course complete with a song from the movie and some narration. Or maybe a ride that starts with Cinderella getting the idea for a grand tea party and the ride takes us from planning, inviting, and then to tea with all the princesses. I just think it would be cool to have a ride with all of the princesses.

3. I love the classics.... but I love pixar too so I guess I am undecided.

I LOVED this question BTW!

Haunt1000
11-03-2007, 03:02 AM
1- Peter Pan has got to be the most magical ride around.
2-I would really like to see Mary Poppins make a strong showing with a ride of her own. A thrill/dark ride would be awesome! Something like MTWR but more!
3- hand drawn all the way! Too bad its so labor intensive.:dizzy: