PDA

View Full Version : everything is booked

michelLe x3
10-31-2007, 04:58 PM
my names michelle and im new to Intercot ..I want to go to WDW dec 28th to jan 1st and every single hotel in disney is booked except the downtown disney ones like doubletree, etc. is there a certain time people cancel so i can try and get a room? i really would rather stay in WDW . and if not does anyone know of any cheap but not gross hotels close to it with busses to WDW ?

faline
10-31-2007, 05:10 PM
I'd suggest working with the folks at Magical Journeys. (http://http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)

If there's a possibilty of getting an on-site resort, they'll find it!

Also, many folks cancel 45-46 days out. If they have packages, payment in full is due 45 days out. Room only reservations need to be canceled 5 days before arrival so there'd also be the possibility of some last minute cancellations as well!

felix18
10-31-2007, 05:15 PM
The ver best thing you can do is to contact Magical Journeys. It will not cost you anything and if there is a room to be found they will find it. I have used them 3 times now and have have very good help. Just fill out the form under sponsers on this site and someone will get back to you very fast. Good luck:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-31-2007, 08:50 PM
I also suggest MJ.

However, in defense of DTD resorts, they aren't that bad. The busses are also luxury busses to and from the parks as well. We stayed at Grosvenor, not it's name anymore (I think) and had a fabulous time. It was only $109/night for 5 people.

Just a quick walk across the street and we were at DTD. But each resort goes to all the parks too.

Good luck!

DisneyDudet
10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
If you are looking online, they only have a limited amount rooms available for booking online, so you could call them, and you might be able to find a room.

Now, if you REALLY don't want to work at your vacation, send MJ a line from their site, and if there's a room, they will get it for you, without you doing a single thing!!!

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Have you looked at the Swan and/or Dolphin? They are on Disney property, and you can get Disney transportation to the parks, EMH options, just like Disney resorts. The only thing you don't get is Disney's Magical Express or charging privileges at the parks with your room key. We stayed there nearly 3 weeks ago, and they were great! They are much cheaper (with a nurse, teacher, or government employee discount) than the other resorts in the Epcot resort area (Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club). I highly suggest them.

Hope your hunt returns something good!

michelLe x3
11-01-2007, 12:01 AM
thanks guys i went to magical journeys ..i stayed at grosvenor before it was ok ..but all the hotels for the dates i want to go are so much more expensive i was trying to stay at a value resort ..and they were all booked. hopefully ill find one. does anyone know how much more money it is for a value resort the times i am going?

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-01-2007, 11:01 AM
my names michelle and im new to Intercot ..I want to go to WDW dec 28th to jan 1st and every single hotel in disney is booked except the downtown disney ones like doubletree, etc. is there a certain time people cancel so i can try and get a room? i really would rather stay in WDW . and if not does anyone know of any cheap but not gross hotels close to it with busses to WDW ?:santa2: We stayed at the Best Western in Downtown Disney the day before our check in Dec. 25, 2005. The room was very plain and the bathroom was terrible with the ceiling caving in and mold all over the place. The price per night was around $125. Try the Magical Journeys Crew to get an onsite room because onsite is awesome. If you can't get one, I would suggest a backup plan...go to a travel search site and look for hotels in the Lake Buena Vista, FL area. We stayed at a Days Inn the night before check in on our first trip Jan. 2003 and it was around $60 a night and was lots cleaner than the DTD hotel. Plus, I think they actually had a bus that ran to the parks.

felix18
11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
You might also try the Courtyard by Marriott on Palm Parkway. The rates are under $100.00 for a room with a balcony, very clean and quiet. They do have a bus that goes to the parks. We stayed there a year ago and were very pleased. It is also a Disney Good Neighbor hotel.

King Triton
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
You might also try the Courtyard by Marriott on Palm Parkway. The rates are under $100.00 for a room with a balcony, very clean and quiet. They do have a bus that goes to the parks. We stayed there a year ago and were very pleased. It is also a Disney Good Neighbor hotel.

I also stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and was quite pleased with it. I would want my own car though.

I also recommend using MJ, as others have said.

Whatever you do, you should get yourself an off-site reservation somewhere that you can cancel (don't prepay it). If you hold out too long, you might be sorry. Also, if you might stay offsite, make yourself a car reservation that you can also cancel. Thats a busy week, as you are finding out!