PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space milder verson

LONESTAR
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
I went on mission space when it first opended loved the ride but felt :sick: so I never rode it again. My question dose the milder version spen at all. Me and the whole family are going to be back at WDW in 21 days and I was wanting to:coaster: again.

magicman
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
The milder version has the centrifuge turned off and does not spin at all. The cabin still tilts and moves a bit in time with the mission events, but there is no spinning.

LONESTAR
10-31-2007, 04:53 PM
:thanks: I guess I will be:coaster:

MOJoe
10-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Go ahead and take the family on the non spinning green version. It still is a great ride, even without the spinning. Don't let the pre-ride intro scare anyone from enjoying this great attraction. Last June, i saw grown men becoming uncomfortable and exiting before getting on the ride, because of the pre-ride introduction. So stay put and have fun!

Haunt1000
10-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Just wondering what makes people feel uncomfortable in the pre-show?:ack:

pixiegoose
10-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Just wondering what makes people feel uncomfortable in the pre-show?:ack:

In the pre-show they continually stress that if you get motion sick or think you might get motion sick, do not go on the ride. When I went on in September, I was in a group with my sister-in-law and 2 strangers. The 2 strangers ended up bailing because of all the warnings and my sil was extremely close to joining them, leaving me by myself. She ended up staying and really enjoying it even though she does get a bit motion sick on other rides.

I much prefer the green over the orange version. I actually enjoyed the green version whereas the orange version had me looking for a panic button to get out.

wedway76
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
In the pre-show they continually stress that if you get motion sick or think you might get motion sick, do not go on the ride. When I went on in September, I was in a group with my sister-in-law and 2 strangers. The 2 strangers ended up bailing because of all the warnings and my sil was extremely close to joining them, leaving me by myself. She ended up staying and really enjoying it even though she does get a bit motion sick on other rides.

I much prefer the green over the orange version. I actually enjoyed the green version whereas the orange version had me looking for a panic button to get out.

I am someone who should really have listened to the pre-show warnings (I can get queasy turning my head too fast) :crazy:. I didn't listen but made it through the Orange version. I have ridden it 4 or 5 times, and each time barely make it out with my lunch, but I did make it out. The first thing I do is take a sickness bag from the slot in front of me, and keep it in my hand. :sick:

My suggetion if you are prone to motion sickness is ride the Green version and if you feel queazy shut your eyes (which is not recommended on the Orange version).

pixiegoose
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM

I forgot to mention that it was the green version that I rode in September. I rode the orange version July 2006 and I did not fare well on it and I rarely get motion sick. After orange version, I was shaky and nauseous for an hour or 2- not fun. So, green version is much better for people who think they might get motion sick.

jclightchasr
11-01-2007, 10:50 AM
So they actually provide motion sickness bags for you on the ride? I have not been on MS yet. I decided to skip it on our last trip back in Dec of 04' because I was not feeling well that day. I am one to ride roller coasters without issue and never get carsick or seasick. I do however feel like I am choking when riding a gravitron ride at a local fair. If anyone could tell me if the spinning sensation is similar to this?

EJS-Houston
11-01-2007, 12:06 PM
So they actually provide motion sickness bags for you on the ride? I have not been on MS yet. I decided to skip it on our last trip back in Dec of 04' because I was not feeling well that day. I am one to ride roller coasters without issue and never get carsick or seasick. I do however feel like I am choking when riding a gravitron ride at a local fair. If anyone could tell me if the spinning sensation is similar to this?

I don't really know what a gravitron ride is...but Mission Space basically places you inside a centrifuge, not unlike the ones you've seen in astronaut training films. The difference is you're in a completely enclosed cabin intently watching a view screen that tells you you're blasting off out of Earth orbit, sling-shotting around the moon and crash-landing on Mars.

magicman
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM

Yes, the feeling ON THE ORANGE SIDE/VERSION is very similar to a gravitron ride (although you can't see that you're spinning).

Also, yes, they provide motion sickness bags in your space capsule compartments.

Dyanna
11-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Was there 3 weeks ago & tried the green version. Thought it was actually kinda boring but was not willing to give orange a try as I know I would get sick.

King Triton
11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
The green version is fun. As everyone else mentioned, there is no spinning. I can see how all the disclaimers might scare someone off, but I think they wanted to keep the experience as similar as possible...use the same pre-show films, etc.

As far as the sensation, i'd put it on about par with Star Tours, less intense than Body Wars.

Go for it and have fun!

#1donaldfan
11-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I just have to say that I love MS.......we've never strayed off the original version.....DD and myself....DW, younger DD, and DS have opted to the new version a time or two, but all have done the "good" one.:mickey: